- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and Abby finally get to take baby home.
------------"Going Home"------------
Story by R. O. Knight
based on the hit television series "NCIS"
Created by Donald P. Bellisario

Gibbs had pulled his car up close to the doors of the hospital, and had made sure that everything was ship-shape inside and outside of the car before he went to get Abby.

He had installed the baby seat, with some difficulty, in the back seat of the car.

He was anxious, nervous, and excited all at the same time. Today was the day that he and Abby would take their newborn baby home with them for the first time.

It was close to 9:30 in the morning when he finally finished filling out the last of the paperwork needed to get Abby and the baby released from the hospital and into his care.

The automatic doors slowly swung open as Gibbs wheeled Abby, in her wheelchair and accompanied by a single nurse, outside into the bright morning sun. Abby held the baby gently in her arms.

"Hope you guys enjoy your new bundle of joy." the nurse said her final goodbyes to the couple before retreating back into the hospital.

Gibbs opened the back passenger side door of his care and adjusted the baby seat before taking the baby from Abby. He gently placed her into the baby seat while trying his best not to wake the slumbering infant.

After the baby was comfortably seated and strapped in Gibbs turned his attention to Abby as he carefully an slowly closed the back passenger side door, and opened the front door.

He helped Abby out of her wheelchair and into the car even though she protested at first.

"I'm not crippled Gibbs, I think I can get in the car by myself." Abby said quietly, as she flashed him a grin.

"That maybe so, but the doctor did say 'Light Duty' for at least the next few days." Gibbs replied quietly as he returned from pushing the wheelchair back inside the hospital doors.

"If you say so Doc." Abby said as she gave a quiet chuckle.

Gibbs had to stifle a laugh for fear of waking the baby who was still slumbering in the back seat of his car.

Gibbs bent down and Kissed Abby on the top of the head before he carefully closed her door, and walked around to his side.

Gibbs eased into his seat and carefully closed his car door.

"She's still asleep." Abby informed Gibbs in a quiet whisper. "You're really good at this."

Gibbs grinned as he started the car. "Ready?" he whispered.

"Let's go home." Abby whispered with a grin.

Gibbs smiled. "Yes Ma'am." he whispered.

Gibbs pulled the car around and through the parking lot, and eventually weaved his way out into the morning traffic. It was going to be quite a drive from Bethesda Naval Hospital to their home.

---------------------------------------

Tony was still recovering in the hospital from his gun shot wound. He was awake, but the doctors had said that they still wanted to keep him for another week or so just to be sure that he was 100% good to go before they released him.

Once they did release him Ziva had said she would stay over at Tony's place for a while to take care of him--which she did not mind doing at all.

Jenny had returned to NCIS HQ after being away with everything that had happened in the last week or so.

Ducky had also returned to work as well.

McGee had also calmed down after Gibbs had explained his reason(s) for not telling him about his and Ziva's plan which had really done quite a job on his emotions and such. But now he had calmed down, and was pretty much over it.

It seemed like everything was settling back down and returning to normal.

............To Be Continued in "Shore Leave"............
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you guys enjoy Chapter 15 of my series. Enjoy and God Bless!!!!