- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Daddy's little girl is very special...
------------"Daddy's Little Girl"------------
Story by R. O. Knight
based on the hit television series "NCIS"
Created by Donald P. Bellisario

Gibbs picked up his desk phone after the second ring, and answered it.

"Gibbs." he said into the phone.

"Hello there my silver-haired fox." came Abby's voice over the line.

"Hey Abs. What can I do for ya?" Gibbs asked with a grin that he knew she wouldn't be able to see.

"No Gibbs, I think the question you should be asking is what can I do for You." Abby replied.

"Okay you got me...what?" Gibbs asked.

"Why don't you come down to the lab, and I'll show you." Abby said mysteriously.

Gibbs finished scribbling some notes down on a sheet of paper in front of him, quickly.

"Okay...I'm on my way." Gibbs said, and then listened as Abby hung up her phone, and then he did the same.

Gibbs stood up and walked around his desk, and headed for the elevator. Then a thought popped into his head, and he turned on his heel and headed back towards McGee's desk.

"McGee...did you get anything on that cell phone trace yet?" Gibbs asked.

McGee looked up at his boss.

"Nothing yet...I just need him to turn it back on for just a few seconds. But he may be too smart for that." McGee answered.

Gibbs rolled his eyes and turned and started to walk away.

"Let's hope not McGee...let's hope not." Gibbs said over his shoulder.

---------------------------------------

Gibbs strolled into Abby's lab a few minutes later.

"Whatcha got for me Abs?" Gibbs asked as he walked in behind Abby standing at her work station.

On the other side of the lab at Abby's desk sat their daughter, Chloe, who was coloring in one of her new coloring books looked up and saw her dad enter the lab.

Abby turned from her workstation to face Gibbs.

"Hey Gibbs-" she began.

Suddenly the automatic door to Abby's office, as it were, slid open and the sound of tiny footsteps became audible throughout the room.

"Daddy!" the little girl screeched happily as she ran towards her father, her pig-tails bouncing up and down as she ran.

Gibbs stooped down and scooped her up into his arms once she got close enough.

"Munchkin!" Gibbs said, matching her excitement.

"Have you been a good girl for mommy?" Gibbs asked playfully.

"Hmmhmm." Chloe grinned at her father.

Gibbs smiled.

"Good. Now give daddy a kiss." Gibb said.

Chloe did as she was told and laid a big wet one on her dad's lips.

"Mmmwuah!".

Gibbs laughed at his daughter's kiss, and then turned back to his wife-to-be as Chloe rested her head on her dad's shoulder.

"Okay...whatcha got Abs?" Gibbs asked Abby.

Abby grinned at her lover and her daughter and chuckled.

"Well, I tested all three of the guns that Tony brought me earlier-" Abby started.

Abby punched a few keys on her keyboard and two images of bullets appeared on the plasma screen. Gibbs walked over, carrying Chloe with him, to get a closer look at the images.

"What am I lookin at Abs?" Gibbs asked.

"What you're looking at is the slug Ducky pulled from the body, and...a slug fired from the gun that killed Petty Officer McCoy." Abby said cheerfully with a grin.

"Good work Abs." Gibbs said.

Gibbs walked back over to Abby and her workstation.

"Would you like to know who owns this particular gun, Gibbs?" Abby asked.

Gibbs looked at Abby's computer screen.

"You think, Abs?" Gibbs said, then flashed a grin.

Abby punched a few keys on her keyboard.

An image along with other background information popped up onto the screen.

"And the winner is...one Mr. Frank Baxter." Abby informed Gibbs cheerfully.

Gibbs grinned at his wife-to-be. "That's good work Abs." he repeated.

Gibbs then whipped out his cell phone, and used speed dial to call Tony.

After two rings Tony finally answered.

"DiNozzo, why don't you and Ziva go pick up Mr. Baxter...and bring him in for a little chat." Gibbs instructed his senior field agent.

Tony's voice is heard over the phone.

"Sure thing Boss." Tony replied.

Gibbs hung up his phone before Tony could hang his up.

---------------------------------------

Later...

Gibbs, Tony, and Ziva walked into the squad room together having just closed another case.

"Well, it's 4:30 now...so I think we can call it a day." Gibbs said with a grin, as he checked his watch.

"Sounds good to me." Ziva said, winking at Tony as the three of them parted ways and went to their respective desks.

Tony caught Ziva's wink. "Sounds really good to me." he said flashing Ziva a knowing grin.

"Hey...where's McGiggle?" Tony asked as he searched the room with his eyes for signs of McGee.

Gibbs looked up at Tony from his desk. "If you're referring to Agent McGee...he left early...said he had a date with Cindy tonight." Gibbs informed Tony.

"Oh." Tony replied.

Ping! The elevator sounded as its doors opened up.

Abby walked into the squad room carrying Chloe.

"Hey daddy." Chloe greeted her father cheerfully.

"Hey munchkin." Gibbs said to his daughter in return.

"Ready?" Abby asked as she approached Gibbs' desk.

"Almost. Just gotta get this report to Jen." Gibbs said as he rounded his desk.

Gibbs kissed Abby on the cheek as he walked by her.

"Be back before you know it." he said with a grin.

Abby and Chloe watched as Gibbs made the trip all the way to the stairs, and then climbed them, and then disappeared into the director's officer.

Abby turned to Tony and Ziva who were in the middle of packing up their things for the night.

"You guys made any plans for tonight?" she asked.

"Some." Ziva replied with a mischievous grin.

"I see." Abby said with a chuckle.

"And you?" Abby asked turning to Tony.

"Me...I'm with her." he replied pointing to Ziva with a smile.

Abby couldn't help but laugh.

Just then shouting could be heard coming from the opposite end of the squad room. The door to the stairwell opened up, and the man whom they'd just charged with murder, Mr. Baxter, exited accompanied by one of the building guards. They were on their way to lock-up.

"This is an outrage I tell ya!-" Mr. Baxter shouted.

"Just shut up already." the guard said firmly.

Mr. Baxter was shouting at the guard who was accompanying him. (After a real close look one could see, if they were paying attention, that Mr. Baxter was not in handcuffs).

They were walking through the squad room, passing right by Abby, Tony, and Ziva. Suddenly Mr. Baxter, seeing an opportunity at escape, lunged sideways elbowing the guard, and then pulling the guard's service pistol from its holster--and then pushing him down. At that point he then lunged forward and grabbed at little Chloe--still in her mother's arms--and then pushed Abby aside. This caused Abby to fly sideways into Gibbs' desk the force of which then knocked her to the ground.

"Ooof." Abby groaned as she crashed into Gibbs' desk, and then fell to the ground.

Before anyone else could react Mr. Baxter was standing there Chloe in one arm and the guard's pistol in the other--pressing it to little Chloe's temple.

Everything happened so fast that Tony and Ziva barely had time to react--drawing their weapons and aiming them at Mr. Baxter.

"Chloe!" Abby shouted in horror when she saw her daughter being held at gunpoint.

"Drop your weapon!" Ziva shouted angrily at Mr. Baxter.

"I'd do what she says if I were you." Tony added, trying to sound at least a little bit calmer than Ziva.

"No! You drop your weapons...Now!" Mr. Baxter shouted threateningly.

Ziva glanced quickly at Tony.

"And if we refuse?" she asked.

Chloe was whimpering quietly in her captor's arms. Ziva could tell, as could Tony and Abby as well, that Chloe was frightened even though, like her father, she tried very hard to hide it. But her eyes betrayed her.

"I will kill her." Mr. Baxter said menacingly as he pressed the pistol into Chloe's temple even harder. "You think I'm kidding...but I'm not...I'm really not."

Abby didn't think that she had ever been so scared in her entire life as she was now seeing her only daughter being held at gunpoint right in front of her.

"Please...don't hurt her." Abby begged the man.

"I'm gonna walk out of here now...I'm gonna get on that elevator, and I'm going to walk out the front door...and no one--I mean NO ONE is going to follow me, or I SWEAR I will blow her brains out. You understand me!" Mr. Baxter shouted threateningly.

Suddenly Mr. Baxter noticed a change in everyone's facial expressions, and then that's when he felt the muzzle of a gun press against the side of his head.

"Let her go." Gibbs demanded quietly and calmly as he pressed the muzzle of his gun to the side of the man's head.

Gibbs, true to his nature, had somehow managed to sneak up on his daughter's captor without being seen or heard.

The man didn't move a muscle, just kept glancing from Tony and Ziva (perhaps also Gibbs) to the elevator.

"Last warning," Gibbs said quietly as he applied more pressure to the side of the man's head with his Sig. "Let my daughter go."

The man finally released Chloe who ran to the nearest member of her family/adopted family--Ziva.

Ziva stooped down, quickly stowing her Sig away, and scooped the little girl into her arms and held her close trying to calm her down.

"Shhhh, it's okay, it's okay." Ziva said soothingly, rocking the little girl in her arms.

"The Gun." Gibb said to the man.

The man did as he was told and dropped his gun onto the floor.

"DiNozzo."

"On it Boss." Tony said as he moved over to Mr. Baxter, whipping out a pair of handcuffs, and then handcuffing Mr. Baxter's hand behind his back.

"DiNozzo, could you do me a favor and drop this dirt bag off at lock-up, please?" Gibbs asked.

Tony stowed his Sig away in its holster.

"I'd be happy to, Boss." Tony said

"Ziva, I'll meet up with you later." Tony said as he led the man towards the elevator.

"Alright then I will see you later." Ziva replied.

Gibbs stowed his Sig away in its holster, and then turned back towards Ziva.

Gibbs' attitude suddenly changed, and his features softened and he allowed his emotions to show as his eyes fell upon his daughter clinging tightly to her Aunt Ziva.

"Chloe." he said as he moved over to Ziva.

Chloe immediately, practically, jumped from Aunt Ziva's arms into her daddy's arms.

"Are you okay?" Gibbs asked softly.

"Yes daddy." she replied softly, nearly in tears, and her arms wrapped tightly around her daddy's neck.

Gibbs nearly broke down on the spot.

"I'm sorry sweetheart...I'm sorry." Gibbs said softly.

Gibbs then turned, remembering that Abby had been on the floor.

"Abs?" Gibbs said turning around.

"I'm fine, Jethro." Abby assured her husband-to-be as she hobbled over to his side.

"You don't look fine." Gibbs said.

"I am a little sore...I crashed into your desk when he pushed me." Abby informed Gibbs, finally.

Gibbs wrapped his free arm around Abby and pulled her closer, wrapping his wife-to-be and his daughter in a big hug.

"I never should've left you guys alone." Gibbs said softly.

"It's not your fault, Jethro." Abby said softly, reassuring her lover.

"We're all okay...and that's all that matters." Abby added.

"I love you daddy." Chloe said, placing a kiss on her father's cheek.

"Oh, I love you too Munchkin." Gibbs said softly.

"I love you both." he added, hugging them both again.

Ziva walked by Gibbs, Abby, and Chloe, and stopped for a moment before continuing on to the elevator.

"Is everything going to be alright?" Ziva asked.

"Yeah, Ziva, everything's gonna be fine. And thanks, I owe you one...you and Tony both." Gibbs told Ziva.

"You do not owe me anything, Gibbs." Ziva said. "Call us if you need anything." she said as she turned and headed for the elevator.

"I'll do that." Gibbs replied with a grin.

They watched as Ziva boarded the elevator and the doors closed behind her.

"You know what...I think I'd like some ice cream." Gibbs said with a grin.

"Ice Cream!?" Chloe repeated excitedly.

"You know that does sound pretty good right about now." Abby agreed with a smile.

Gibbs laughed.

"Its settled then...we'll get some ice cream, and then go home and watch a movie." Gibbs said.

"How does that sound?" Gibbs asked, looking at Chloe.

"Great!" Chloe replied excitedly.

Gibbs laughed again, but this time Abby joined him.

"Alright then, let's go shall we." Gibbs said with a grin.

"Yes, lets." Abby replied with a smile.

The three of them walked towards the elevator together talking about what flavor of ice cream they would get and which movie they would watch.

------------To Be Continued in "The Best Man For The Job"------------
Chapter End Notes:
Enjoy and God Bless!!!!