- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is sort of a "song-fic". I just thought that it would be fun to do. It involves Abby/Gibbs, and Ziva/Tony.
------------"Little Love Song"------------
Story by R. O. Knight
based on the hit television series "NCIS"
Created by Donald P. Bellisario

Abby was in her lab standing in front of her workstation computer screen, punching keys on the keyboard furiously.

She had soft music playing as well. It wasn't really her thing, but today they had brought Chloe to work with them, and so far Chloe had had a long day. It was for that very reason that Abby had asked her daughter if she was tired. Chloe had said yes, so Abby had fixed her a pallet on the floor in her office where she could lay down with her NCIS teddy bear her dad had given her for her birthday. She hardly went any where without it.

At this point Chloe was sound asleep, and the soft music was soothing, and kept her slumbering peacefully.

Gibbs walked into Abby's lab undetected until he stepped up beside his wife-to-be, and kind of/sort of startled her.

"Oh, Gibbs...don't ever do that again." Abby said, trying to pretend to be angry, but she couldn't be angry at Gibbs.

"Sorry." Gibbs apologized, with a grin.

"What's with the music?" Gibbs asked.

Abby suddenly remembered that Chloe was asleep in her office.

"Your daughter's asleep in my office." Abby informed Gibbs in a quiet voice, with a grin. "And this music is keeping her that way."

"Oh, okay." Gibbs replied quietly. "I thought she looked a little tired when I saw her earlier."

"Oh, believe me she was worn out." Abby said. "So I put her down for her nap...it was time anyway." Abby said quietly.

"So, what brings you down here...Special Agent Gibbs?" Abby asked, with a grin.

Gibbs shifted in his spot, grinning.

"Do I need a reason to come down here to see my family?" Gibbs asked, with a grin.

"Well, no not really." Abby replied, with a chuckle.

"Good, cause that's why I'm here." Gibbs informed Abby.

"Is that so?" Abby asked, as she turned to face Gibbs, with a sly grin.

"Yep." Gibbs replied.

Gibbs took Abby into his arms and kissed her on the lips, gently. They kissed each other softly and tenderly. Each kiss showed their passion for each other. They engaged in this for quite some time.

Darlin' its you and its me
and everything in between,
a small part of a grander scheme;
you know we're dancin' on air
and its just not fair,
that the world can only stare.

Gibbs and Abby finally pulled apart, momentarily, and stared into each other's eyes for a minute or two.

"I love you, Abby Scuito." Gibbs said softly, with a warm smile, as he placed another gentle kiss on her lips.

Abby smiled at Gibbs--her husband-to-be.

"I love you too, Jethro Gibbs." Abby said, as they continued their string of kisses.

"As we sing
our little love song,
all our worries
our long gone;
no more distractions
getting in the way,
so we can spend
another glorious day;
just you and me
free to sing,
our little love song."

"You know, I really should get back to work." Abby said with a grin, between kisses.

"And I will let you...as soon as I'm done with you." Gibbs said with a sly grin, between kisses.

Abby laughed as Gibbs planted another kiss on her lips.

---------------------------------------

Tony and Ziva walked through the front door of the NCIS HQ, having just returned from following a lead. They are both sweaty, and dirty from having to dig through a suspects garbage, being shot at, and to top all of that off they were even chased by a vicious attack dog.

So they have had quite a day.

They flash their badges at the security guard at the front door, and he waves them own through the metal detectors without stopping them.

"Well, I'd say the whole thing went much better than expected." Tony said, trying to lighten the mood around him and Ziva as they walked towards the elevator.

"Sure, if you like digging through garbage, being shot at, and being chased by vicious dogs." Ziva said sarcastically.

"What I mean, Ziva, is that it could have been worse." Tony said, as he hit the up button on the wall next to the elevator.

"Right, we could've been KILLED." Ziva snapped.

"Exactly, but we weren't...were we." Tony said with a grin.

"I guess you are right." Ziva sighed, as she tried to hide a grin.

PING! The elevator doors opened up in front of Ziva and Tony.

"After you." Tony said, motioning with his arm.

Ziva rolled her eyes as she boarded the elevator ahead of Tony, who followed behind her.

"Besides, I think you look hot when you're all sweaty and dirty." Tony said with a grin, as the elevator doors closed behind them.

---------------------------------------

Ziva pressed the button, on the wall, for their floor.

"Sometimes I wonder about you Tony." Ziva remarked.

"Hmm, and why's that?" Tony asked.

"Because sometimes you act like a child." Ziva said.

Tony chuckled at Ziva's comment.

"Well, actually Ziva, I prefer to think of myself as a slightly more mature teenager." Tony informed her.

"I am not so sure about the mature part." Ziva said with a chuckle.

Tony suddenly reached out and hit the "Stop" switch halting the elevator where it was.

"Let me show you Ziva, just how MATURE I can be." Tony said quietly, as he steppe in front of Ziva.

For a moment they stared into each other's eyes. Finally after a moment of silence they both dropped their packs/gear onto the elevator floor.

Tony and Ziva suddenly found themselves wrapped around each other, bestowing upon one another endless streams of kisses.

Oh baby you and I
could have a real swell time,
no telling what we might find;
let's not think anymore
come on let's hit the floor,
like eagles we will soar.

Ziva pulled her face away from Tony's, momentarily.

"You are such a child." Ziva said, breathing heavily.

Tony chuckled.

"But it works for me, right?" Tony asked, with a sly grin.

Ziva chuckled as they resumed where they had left off.

"As we sing
our little love song,
all our worries
our long gone;
no more distractions
getting in the way,
so we can spend
another glorious day;
just you and me
free to sing,
our little love song."

---------------------------------------

Back in Abby's Lab...

"Oh, Jethro." Abby moaned as she felt her body go limp against his.

She couldn't believe that they had just done it in her lab. Other than the sound of the music playing from Abby's stereo, the only other audible soun was that of their breathing beginning to return to normal. Good thing they had the music to drown out most of the noise.

The two of them slouched down against the wall, holding onto each other. They sat there on the floor in silence for a few moments.

Gibbs chuckled, as he placed a kiss on the top of Abby's head.

"I suppose you would like to get back to work now, hunh?" Gibbs asked, playfully, with a grin.

Abby chuckled.

"I think it can wait just a little bit longer." Abby replied with a sly grin.

Gibbs chuckled, and then stole a kiss from Abby.

This is our song
that we wrote together,
you and I;
and it can last as long
as we want it too,
just say the word
and I'll be right
there with you!

---------------------------------------

Back in the elevator...

Tony propped himself up on his hands and knees, making him appear to tower over Ziva.

"I am sure that there are others who would like to use this elevator." Ziva said, with a grin, as she stole a kiss from Tony.

Tony chuckled.

"Let'em use the stairs." Tony said, with a grin, as he bent his head down to kiss Ziva.

Ziva couldn't help but chuckle/laugh at Tony's remark.

"As we sing
our little love song,
all our worries
our long gone;
no more distractions
getting in the way,
so we can spend
another glorious day;
just you and me
free to sing,
our little love song."

------------To Be Continued in "Detour"------------
Chapter End Notes:
Enjoy and God Bless!!!!

P.S. All of the music material, and such is completely original--straight from the head of this author...