- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The happy couple finally ties the knot, and takes their first steps as a real family.
------------"I Do"------------
Story by R. O. Knight
based on the hit television series "NCIS"
Created by Donald P. Bellisario

A nice salty breeze had kicked up their on the beach where the wedding "facilities" had been set up.

The sun was beginning to set behind the horizon in the distance, and the soothing sound of waves crashing, gently, ashore could be heard.

Chairs had been set up in the sand near the water's edge for the guests to sit in, and a small chapel-style awning-like structure was set up at the front of the area. This would be where the groom, bride, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and the preacher would stand for the ceremony.

Guests had been arriving for about almost an hour or so.

---------------------------------------

A short distance away from this scene in a beach-side hotel the wedding party made last minute adjustments to themselves and their outfits as they prepared to make the walk to the alter.

In the girl's room...

"You look beautiful, Abby." Jenny said, as she stood behind Abby who as viewing herself in the mirror.

"Thanks, Jen." Abby replied, with a smile.

"Yeah mommy, you look really pretty." Chloe said, as she stepped up beside her mother, holding her flower basket in her little hands.

"You don't look half bad yourself, kiddo." Abby replied, jokingly, with a big smile.

Chloe just giggled happily.

---------------------------------------

In the guy's room...

"How you feelin' Boss?" Tony asked.

"I mean...are you sure you're ready for this?" he added.

Gibbs shot Tony a look.

"Er...yeah, I guess that was a stupid question." Tony said.

"You think, DiNozzo." Gibbs replied, flashing a slight grin.

"Well I had better be on my way." Ducky said as he headed for the door.

"Be careful with my Bride, Duck." Gibbs said, with a grin.

Ducky chuckled, as he reached for the doorknob on the door.

"Don't worry, Jethro, she'll be in prime condition when next you see her...I promise." Ducky said, as he pulled open the door.

---------------------------------------

Back in the girl's room...

Abby sat on the bed, and the others were gathered around her as well.

"So, how do you feel?" Cindy asked Abby.

"Like...I-I can't believe I'm actually getting married." she said, with a small laugh.

"Well, I think you too are perfect for each other." Jenny said.

"Thank you...I really think so too." Abby said.

"I just...I just never used to think that never in a million years would I ever get married or have children, or any of that." Abby said, becoming a little emotional.

Abby motioned for Chloe to come to her.

Chloe hopped up onto the bed next to her mother. Abby pulled Chloe into a warm embrace.

"And this little one's a miracle." Abby said, as she hugged her daughter. "That puts me half way there, I suppose." she added.

---------------------------------------

30 Minutes Later...

On the Beach...

Gibbs stood at the alter in his White Tuxedo. By his side stood his Best Man, Tony, and by Tony stood McGee and Jimmy.

The preacher stood in the center of the alter setup, with his Bible held close.

"This is it Boss." Tony whispered in Gibbs' ear.

Gibbs just smiled.

The music for this occassion was to be the sounds of the sea.

Gibbs watched, anxiously, as Abby exited the small tent that had been setup for the start of her walk down the aisle. Ducky led her down the aisle, as he had promised her he would.

Walking in front of them leading the way was little Chloe with her little flower basket. She left a pretty trail of flowers for her mother to follow to the alter.

Gibbs couldn't help but smile when he saw her walking towards her, on Ducky's arm of course, she looked so beautiful.

Abby looked as she walked down the aisle, and she could see her parents sitting on the front row next to Gibbs' father, Jackson.

Within just a few minutes they reached the foot of the alter.

"Who gives this woman to be wed on this day?" the preacher asked.

"On behalf of her mother and father, and her family at NCIS...I do." Ducky said, with a smile.

"Very good." the preacher replied.

Ducky then proceeded to give Abby to Gibbs.

Ducky then took his seat next to Gibbs' father on the front row.

Gibbs and Abby stood hand in hand before the preacher, as the ceremony began.

---------------------------------------

25 Minutes Later...

Abby could hear sweet angelic music playing in her head.

"I, Abby, take you, Jethro, to be my husband, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." Abby said, not just as the preacher had instructed, but from the very depths of her heart and soul.

She found herself unable to hide the smile that had spread across her face from ear to ear.

"Jethro..." the preacher said, quietly, with a smile.

"I, Jethro, take you, Abby, to be my wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." Gibbs said softly, as he gazed into the depths of Abby's eyes, so full of love and passion.

"Good." the preacher said. "Now, for the rings."

Tony and Ziva passed their rings to their owners.

Abby and Gibbs ha decided, before the wedding to memorize their ring ceremony vows.

Gibbs took Abby's hand in his and held it gently, and lovingly.

"Abby, This ring is a token of my love. I marry you with this ring, with all that I have and all that I am." Gibbs said softly as he slid the ring onto Abby's ring finger.

"I will forever wear this ring as a sign of my commitment and the desire of my heart." Abby said, joy filling her heart with each passing moment, her eyes moist with emotion, ready to burst forth at any moment.

Tony glanced at Ziva, and noticed that her eyes were glistening. "She's crying." he thought to himself.

"Jethro, This ring is a token of my love. I marry you with this ring, with all that I have and all that I am." Abby said, tenderly, as she slid the ring onto his ring finger.

"I will forever wear this ring as a sign of my commitment and the desire of my heart." Gibbs replied sweetly, never looking away from her eyes.

---------------------------------------

10 Minutes Later...

"...I pronounce you Husband and Wife." the preacher said. "You may now kiss the bride."

Gibbs did just as he was told. He pulled Abby into his arms, and kissed her on the lips, gently, yet lovingly, all in one swift motion.

After they pulled apart, the crowd cheered their approval. And then to the surprise of the newly-weds, Tony, McGee, Jimmy, Ziva, Jenny, and Cindy had filled small plastic bags with tiny confetti pieces which they now pulled from their pockets and threw into teh air. This showered the bride and groom in a blissful shower of pretty colored pieces of paper.

Chloe walked up to her newly married parents, still holding onto her little flower basket.

Gibbs stooped down and picked up his daughter and held her in his arms.

Chloe giggled with delight as her father placed a gentle kiss on her cheek.

------------To Be Continued in "Honeymoon in DisneyLand"------------
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you guys enjoy, and God Bless!!!!