- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs, Abby, and Chloe have returned from their trip to Disneyland, and 4 1/2 weeks later they make a shocking discovery...
------------"Time Goes By..."------------
Story by R. O. Knight
based on the hit television series "NCIS"
Created by Donald P. Bellisario

It's been about 4 1/2 weeks since Gibbs, Abby, and Chloe had returned from their trip to Disneyland.

Gibbs walked in the door of his house, having just finished helping Tony and Ziva move into the new place that they had just rented together.

Gibbs, by all appearances, was worn out.

Abby met him as he closed the door behind him and kicked off his shoes, leaving them beside the door.

"Hey." Gibbs said, sluggishly, as he wrapped his arms around his beautiful wife, and kissed her on the lips.

"You look tired." Abby said, unable to hide the enormous smile on her face.

"Yeah, believe me...I FEEL tired." he replied.

As they walked towards the kitchen Gibbs noticed the smile on Abby's face. It was a look that she got when she was hiding something from him--usually something that she was dying to tell him.

"What?" he asked. curiosity biting at him, at this point.

"What d'ya mean...what?" Abby replied.

Gibbs stopped just before entering the kitchen and looked her dead in the eyes.

"Spill." he commanded.

"Fine." Abby said, nearly ready to explode from her excitement.

"Do you remember what we brought back from Disneyland?" she asked.

"Um, lets see...my sunburn, Chloe's giant stuffed teddy bear, you're Big Slurp drink cup, and...that's all I can think of at the moment." Gibbs said, still thinking.

"Don't forget the baby, Jethro." Abby said.

"Oh yeah...yeah sorry I did forget about the ba-" Gibbs started to say, but then his breath caught in his chest, and his eyes got really big.

"Baby?" Gibbs repeated. "But we didn't-"

He looked at his wife and saw that she had the biggest smile plastered to her face.

"Abs?" Gibbs tried to speak.

Abby just nodded, still smiling as big as ever.

"Abs...you're kidding...right?" Gibbs asked, wanting to be sure he was understanding correctly.

Abby just nodded again, and she looked as if she could burst at the seams at any moment.

"You're..." Gibbs, once again, tried to speak.

"That's right Jethro, I'm pregnant...again." she informed her husband.

The next thing either of them knew Abby was in Gibbs' arms being kissed repeatedly and listening to Gibbs tell her how much he loved her.

"I love you, Abs." Gibbs whispered to his wife.

---------------------------------------

4 1/2 months later...

Abby and Chloe were down in Abby's lab at NCIS HQ, together, when Gibbs strolled through the door, silently, as was his custom.

"Whatcha got A-" he started to say.

Gibbs noticed that his wife and his daughter were playing with the small bump that had started to form on his wife's mid-section from where the baby was growing.

"What're you two doing?" Gibbs asked, as he moved closer for a better look.

Abby spun around on the stool that Gibbs had gotten her to use in the lab while she was pregnant with Chloe.

"I was just showing you're daughter what the baby looks like...right now." Abby explained, with a grin, pointing to a reference photo on the computer screen.

"It's really little, daddy." Chloe said, smiling real big at her father.

"I know." Gibbs said, with a smile, as stooped down and scooped his daughter up into his arms.

"What will you name it?" Chloe asked.

Gibbs chuckled.

"Well, that kind of depends on whether its a boy or a girl." Gibbs said, with a grin, as he kissed her on top of the head.

"I hope its a girl." she informed her parents.

"Really?" Gibbs said. "What if you had a baby brother instead?" he asked her.

"I guess it would be okay." Chloe said, thinking about it. "But I think I would like a baby sister instead."

Abby and Gibbs laughed at Chloe's statement.

Gibbs shifted Chloe in his arms.

"So, whatcha got for me Abs?" Gibbs asked, finally remembering why he had come down to her lab in the first place.

"Oh, right." Abby said, as she turned back to her computer screen, and began punching keys on the keyboard of her computer.

Images appear on the computer screen, and on the big plasma screen on the far wall.

"The unknown liquid that I found on our dead Navy lieutenant's clothes...was Propylene Glycol." Abby informed Gibbs.

"Anything else?"

"Yeah...there's also this." Abby said, as a second image flashes up onto the computer screen.

Gibbs studied the image of the object carefully for a few seconds.

"A blasting cap." Gibbs said, suddenly.

"Exactly." Abby said, with a smile.

"That's good work, Abs." Gibbs said, with a grin, as he stepped up beside her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Thank you Gibbs." Abby said, with a smile, playfully.

Gibbs grinned, and then he put Chloe back down on the ground.

"Stay with mommy til I get back, alright?" Gibbs instructed his daughter.

"Okay daddy." she replied, as she wrapped her arms around her father's neck for a hug.

Gibbs laughed as he returned the favor before patting her on the head, almost messing up her pretty pig tails in the process, and heading for the door.

---------------------------------------

3 Months Later...

Chloe spent the next few months, with her mother's help of course, counting down the days until her new baby sister or brother would be born.

Abby had started saying that Chloe was getting to be too much like her father--no patience whatsoever.

Gibbs and Abby had even decided to let Chloe help pick out baby names.

"Are you sure that's the one you like?" Abby asked Chloe.

"Hmmhmm." Chloe said, nodding her head confidently.

"Well, I guess that settles it then." Gibbs said, with a chuckle. "We'll name your baby sister Paige."

"Yes!" Chloe cheered triumphantly.

Gibbs and Abby couldn't help but laugh at their daughter.

------To Be Continued in "Hi, I'm Your Big Sister"------
Chapter End Notes:
This is Chapter 25 of my series. Enjoy and God Bless!!!!