- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chloe teaches her baby sister the ropes...so cute...
------------"Hi, I'm Your Big Sister"------------
Story by R. O. Knight
based on the hit television series "NCIS"
Created by Donald P. Bellisario

It's Early Morning in the Gibbs House...

Gibbs and Abby were laying in their bed together, awake. They had brought the new baby home the night before, and Chloe, who had stayed with Uncle Tony and Aunt Ziva for a couple of nights, had been dropped off the night before as well.

All was quiet in the Gibbs house--well for the most part anyway.

"Hard to believe isn't it?" Abby asked, quietly, looking at Gibbs.

"What's that?" Gibbs asked.

"Them." Abby replied, quietly, with a smile. "Who would have thought that we, You and I, would get married and have two beautiful children." Abby said, quietly, with a smile.

"Yep." Gibbs agreed. "But, you know where they get it from, don't ya?" he asked, with a grin.

"Where's that?" Abby asked, with a curious grin.

"Why, there mother of course." Gibbs said, with a grin, as he leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on Abby's lips.

Abby chuckled at Gibbs' flattering observation.

---------------------------------------

In the girls' room Chloe sat on a stool beside the baby's crib, looking at her new baby sister through the wooden bars in total wonder and awe. There was a very loving look in Chloe's eyes as she surveyed this little baby laying in front of her.

Baby Paige was actually pretty much wide awake. Her tiny eyes darting all around the room until they finally landed on Chloe.

"Hi." Chloe said softly. "I'm your big sister."

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of you, baby sister." Chloe informed her baby sister, softly.

Chloe wrapped her fingers around the wooden bars of the crib, gently, and pulled herself a little bit closer.

"You haven't met the rest of the family yet, but you will." Chloe told her baby sister, softly and quietly.

"Uncle Tony's really funny, and Aunt Ziva is really nice. They have a swimming pool." Chloe informed her baby sister, quietly.

The newborn baby cooed softly.

Chloe chuckled at her baby sister.

"Grandpa Ducky...he's got lots and lots of candy and animal crackers." Chloe said, quietly, with a smile. "But don't worry, I'll share with you."

"Uncle Timmy is smart, but not as smart as mommy...she's really smart." Chloe said, quietly. "Her work is lots of fun."

The newborn baby cooed softly, again.

"And Daddy...you'll like daddy." Chloe said, quietly. "He keeps bad people away."

"I love daddy...and he loves me." Chloe said, quietly. "He loves you too...I know he does." Chloe informed her baby sister, softly.

The little baby cooed gently, and then the baby girl raised her little arm up, slightly. Chloe reached through the wooden bars and placed her hand just in front of the baby's hand. The baby's hand closed, gently, around Chloe's (or as best as it could anyway).

Then, what could only be described as a smile, appeared on the little baby's face.

"And I love you too." Chloe said to her baby sister.

---------------------------------------

What Chloe did not know was that her parents were standing just outside the door to the nursery listening to every word she said.

"Oh, Jethro." Abby whispered.

"I know." Gibbs replied, softly, as he wiped a tear from his eye.

------------To Be Continued in "The Nightmare"------------
Chapter End Notes:
This is Chapter 26. Enjoy and God Bless!!!!