- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Continuation of "Weekend At Gibbs' Place, Pt. 1"--Gibbs and Abby come to some agreements about their current situation, as well as grow just a little bit closer to each other.
------------"Weekend At Gibbs' Place, Pt. 2------------
story by R. O. Knight
based on the hit television series "NCIS"
Created by Donald P. Bellisario

Abby and Gibbs moved around in the kitchen putting up the groceries that they had bought in town earlier.

Gibbs had discovered something about Abby while they were out shopping that morning. The two of them were almost complete total opposites in a lot of ways.

He'd always known that she was a vegetarian, but he hadn't realized just how different their life styles were. They had differing views on various topics such as politics, healthy living of course, environmental issues, and other things of that nature; and yet none of that seemed to affect their relationship much at all. It was like they silently agreed to disagree and be happy about it.

Another thing that Gibbs' had noticed was how easily and how often he and Abby were mistaken for being Father and Daughter. That one actually made him laugh--a lot.

To go into town Abby had opted for an outfit that consisted of a pair of Tripp Black Chain Lace-Up Street Pants, a white short-sleeved V-Neck T-shirt, a pair of tennis shoes, and a jacket. She claimed that she tried to tone her wardrobe down a little bit because she wasn't sure if he (being Gibbs) would feel comfortable walking around in public with her all decked out and everything.

He had told her, in the car, he didn't mind; and even said if she wanted to wear her pigtails she could. And she did. She put them up before they got out of the car at their first stop. And he had laughed at how relieved she looked.

Gibbs looked at the clock on the microwave. 1330 hours. They had actually made great time running their errands. They had gone to the supermarket, they had gone to Abby's apartment so she could grab a few things, since she would be staying with Gibbs for the weekend, and they had stopped at a small clothing store that he had never heard off. Apparently they were having a sale on the kind of clothes that Abby wore. She had gotten a couple new T-shirts and a new skirt, and she had also picked out a T-shirt for him as well. It was black with a skull and cross bones stretched out across the front of it. She knew he wouldn't wear it out in public, but he had agreed to wear it around the house--just for her.

They had also run by the Movie Hut where they rented Transporter 3 (for him) and Saw V (for her). Although they planned to watch both together.

Then after that they had stopped to eat lunch at a local cafe before heading home.

"Could you hand me the Organic Sesame Bread" Abby asked from across the kitchen.

Gibbs was snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of her voice. "What--oh sure." he replied searching the bags in front of him for the bread.

"Fallin' asleep on me Gibbs?" Abby asked jokingly.

"Me...nah." he replied finally locating the bread in a sack all by itself.

Gibbs crossed the kitchen with the bread in hand and held it out to Abby.

"Thank you." Abby said with a grin as she gently took the bread from Gibbs.

Abby gently put the bread away in the bread box by the stove.

Gibbs watched in silence as Abby put away the last few groceries amazed at how graceful she was.

"God she's beautiful." he thought to himself. "I don't deserve her".

"Well that's everything." Abby announced closing the pantry door.

Abby turned to look at Gibbs, who was leaning against the kitchen counter, staring at her.

"See something you like?"

"As a matter of fact..." Gibbs trailed off, grinning, as he made his way over to where Abby was standing.

Gibbs reached out a hand, which she took, and then he pulled her close.

"...I do." he finished as he bent his head down and stole a kiss.

"Gibbs," she giggled in delight.

"Something wrong?" Gibbs asked with a grin.

"Not at thing." she whispered as she brought her lips up close to his.

Abby returned his previous gesture with another, longer, more passionate kiss.

After she pulled back the two of them stared into each other's eyes for a moment not saying anything.

"Tell you what...why don't you pop the popcorn and I'll set up the movies. How does that sound?"

"Great." Gibbs replied releasing Abby who smiled as she skipped off towards the living room.

---------------------------------------

An hour and a half into the movie "Saw V" Gibbs learned something else about Abby. She didn't scream when she watched a scary movie. That was his job, and he didn't really scream so much as he kind of jumped. And every time he jumped Abby laughed at him. Gibbs should have guessed that she would find that amusing.

Gibbs decided by the time they finished the movie that scary movies weren't really his cup of tea. But he thoroughly enjoyed "Transporter 3" and so did Abby.

Abby really enjoyed seeing Gibbs happy and enjoying himself more than she really liked the movie. It was a good movie, but it just wasn't her favorite.

When the movies ended it was getting close to supper time and Gibbs was getting a little hungry, and so was Abby; although she wasn't really starving she could still eat something.

The kitchen seemed to come alive with the two of them bustling about preparing themselves a meal to appease their hunger.

"Do you know how many times you jumped?" Abby asked as she prepared herself a couple of tofu wraps.

"A lot, right?"

"You should have seen yourself Gibbs." Abby remarked rather excitedly.

"Scary movies just aren't my thing." Gibbs stated as he picked up the BLT he had just finished preparing for himself.

"I'll say." Abby chuckled.

"Alright chucklebutt, how about you just meet me outside on the back patio." Gibbs said playfully as he turned and headed for the back door.

"Fine by me." Abby said with a grin.

---------------------------------------

Gibbs sat outside on the back patio in his porch-swing waiting for Abby to join him.

He bit into his BLT as he looked up into the sky. The sun had already faded past their line of sight, but the sky was still that real light purpley-blue color--so there was still light to see by without having to turn on the porch lights.

After a moment alone Abby finally stepped out the back door and joined Gibbs on the porch-swing.

"Looks like the stars are just starting to come out." Abby said referring to the one lone star in the sky.

Abby sat down gently next to Gibbs who was taking another bite out of his BLT.

"You were right, the backyard does need a little work." Abby said looking around the yard before her.

"Yep." Gibbs replied.

"But I'll take care of it later." he added.

Abby bit into her first tofu wrap holing it carefully so as to not spill any on her clothes.

"You do realize that we've technically broken Gibbs' rule number 12, right?" Abby asked between bites.

"Yeah. But don't tell DiNozzo."

Abby couldn't help but laugh at Gibbs' joke. She nearly choked on a piece of her tofu wrap.

"You alright?" Gibbs asked.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Abby replied still trying to catch her breath after that horrifying ordeal.

Gibbs finished off his BLT and then washed it down with a soda that he had brought out with him.

"So do we tell them?" Abby asked suddenly sounding very serious.

"Who?" Gibbs asked.

"You know Tony, Ziva, McGee, Ducky."

"Oh THEM."

"I think that we should probably keep it quite...for now."

"Yeah, I think you're right." Abby agreed polishing off the last of her tofu wraps.

"Give the guys time to adjust to you being back and all first, and then if we feel like we're ready we can tell them."

"You know something, Abby Scuito, you are actually very smart. Did you know that?" Gibbs said with a grin.

Abby just giggled as she scooted closer to Gibbs so that she could lean over against him.

"I love you, Jethro Gibbs." Abby whispered.

"I love you too Abs." Gibbs whispered as he kissed the top of her head.

For the next two and a half hours the two of them sat outside under the stars just talking and catching up. Abby eventually fell asleep so Gibbs decided to carry her inside and put her to bed.

After she was safely tucked into bed Gibbs walked out into the living room and laid down on the sofa and reflected on the events of the day before finally drifting off to sleep.

------------To Be Continued in "The First Time"------------
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you guys have been enjoying the series so far--I know I have enjoyed writing it. I will be continuing the series , updating as I am able, also I will be adding a new series centered around Tony and Ziva. So stay Tuned for more. ENJOY!!!!

P.S. This one isn't really my best, it's just meant to be a bridge, if you will, between Pt. 1 and the next story. So please just bare with me, and I promise it will get better...it really will. Enjoy!!!!