- Text Size +
Sorry, don’t know what the codes are for crimes, so all are fictional, but tried to stay as close to procedures as possible, any mistakes are mine.

Thank you to all who read and sent a review, they were all appreciated as will all future reviews!! THANKS AGAIN!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tony’s POV:

Leather: Chapter 2:

Halloween, Tony always hated Halloween, the strangest cases always happened on Halloween. He’d rather be at home on the couch snuggling with his lover and watching an old film or a comedy all night, however that wasn’t to be. They had a drug dealer to catch and an undercover op to perform. Slowly he got dressed into his ‘costume’, trying to focus on the moment and not let the past overwhelm him. As he pulled on the green silk shirt and leather pants, he smirked a little at the thought of Jet’s reaction to seeing him in leather. He hoped that the team wouldn’t focus to closely on his outfit, but rather on the job at hand. Of course, everyone thought he enjoyed being the center of attention, and he kept them believing it by his behavior, and most of the time people didn’t look past his façade of the good-times seeking, over grown frat boy that he pretended to be, but he really didn’t like being the center of attention and taking the chance that people would look closer, and maybe see past the façade to the rather serious, intelligent, slightly self-consciences man he was.

“Lookin’ good Tony,” Abby said from behind him with a smile, “In fact, if I didn’t know you were taken, I would make a play for you myself.” She laughed.

“Yeah, right, we both know that I’m not geek enough for you. Besides, Jet would kill us both.” Tony replied trying to match her humor. He knew she was nervous about tonight, he also knew she knew him well enough to be worried about him.

FALSHBACK:

Baltimore, nine years before: Halloween:

The call came in minutes before he went off shift. He was still in his patrol car heading back to the station when the call came over the radio.

“Attention all units, there is 212 in progress, address, 453 Trenton Ave.” came over the radio.

“Base, this is Officer DiNozzo, car 322, responding, I’m 3 minutes away and enroute.” Tony DiNozzo answered the call. Knowing that the 212 was domestic and that all domestic could get ugly fast.

He pulled up in front of the building as he radioed in to headquarters, for more Intel. “Base this is Officer DiNozzo, I’m at the address, do we know which apartment the 212 is taking place in?”

“Officer DiNozzo, 212 taking place in apartment 3C, was reported by a neighbor. Suspect is believed armed and dangerous, back up is on their way.”

“Good, I’ll go up and try to make contact.” He went up the stairs two at a time, and as he came to the apartment he heard a scream, kicking the door open he entered the apartment, following the noise.

“STOP!! Please stop Robert, we weren’t doing anything wrong!” came a thin voice.

“I’ll teach you to try to leave Me! Know one takes what is mine!! EVER!” returned an angry male voice, followed by several thumping sounds and a whimper.

“Daddy, please, please stop! You’re hurting . . .” the little whimper was cut off by another thump.

“Do NOT call me Daddy!! I am NOT your father, your mommy’s a big whore and you are just like her!!”

Officer DiNozzo crept quietly along the wall as he heard his backup coming into the apartment, looking back he saw two other patrolmen, silently he signaled for them to stay farther back and made his way toward the back room. As he came to the door of the back room he saw the three of them. Two of them laying on the floor, crying, bruises already showing, and begging for their lives. The third was a man, with thinning hair and a beer gut falling over his waistband. There were liquor bottle littering the entire apartment and DiNozzo could hear the drunken slurring as the man yelled at his wife and daughter. Stepping into the doorway, Officer DiNozzo leveled his gun at the man and yelled, “FREEZE! POLICE!!”

The man stopped in mid swing, and the belt hanging from his hand snapped back hitting his arm, as he turned to look at DiNozzo. “Stay away from me!” he yelled bringing the belt back again and swinging it toward his wife, striking her in the face.

“I said FREEZE! Stop or I’ll shoot!” DiNozzo hollered at the man.

“Go ahead and shoot me PIG!” he yelled as he jerked up the little girl and used her as a shield, causing her scream of terror to blend in with her mothers. “Shoot me and you’ll get the little whore too!!”

“Put the girl down.”

“Get away from the door!” was returned as the little girl hung limply from her father’s arm. The girl was no longer whimpering and it seemed as if she had passed out from the tight hold he had on her. The mother was crying hysterically now, begging her husband to let the little girl go.

“Put her down and we’ll talk about this.” DiNozzo tried again.

“Please Robert put Lily down, PLEASE!!” the mother begged some more as Robert threw the little girl down and reached behind his back.

“FREEZE!! Keep your hands where I can see them!!” DiNozzo warned the man.

Robert looked to the officer and smiled as he swung his arm around from behind him and aimed the gun at his wife, “You’ll never lie to me again you lying, stinking, whore!” He fired the weapon at the same time that DiNozzo squeezed off a shot, hitting Robert in the shoulder, knocking his shot wide. Robert’s shot was wide from his aim, not hitting his wife, but the little girl instead. He turned to aim at DiNozzo and DiNozzo squeezed of two more rounds, square in his heart. Robert fell to the ground as DiNozzo turned toward the wife and little girl, calling for an ambulance.

Tony knelt by the little girl, trying in vain to stop her bleeding as the mother cried and begged God for her daughter’s life. There were bruises all over the little girl, bruises like the ones that had plastered his own body until he was fourteen. He cursed seeing them, knowing the hell that both the little girl and her mother had lived in for years. Looking up into the mother’s empty eyes, Tony prayed to a God he hadn’t spoken to for years as he felt the little girl‘s life, Lily’s life slipping from her through his hands.

He knew he would hate Halloween the rest of his life.

END FLASHBACK:

“Tony! Earth to Tonybear!” Abby called softly to him, trying to get his attention.

As he blinked, Tony looked at Abby and smiled slightly in apology. “Sorry, Abs, old memories”

“You know you don’t have to do this right? You don’t have to go. I mean no one will think less of you. I know Gibbs tried to talk you out of it. Maybe you should just let McGee . . .” she trailed off as he interrupted her.

“No! Abs, I’m sorry, McGeek, he’s, well he’s a good agent, but you . . .” He paused to take a breath. “You’re my best friend, and the closest thing I’ve ever had to a sister! No way am I going to trust your safety to someone else, even if he’s your boyfriend!” Tony finished as his green eyes stared straight into her soft brown ones.

“Ahh, I love you too, Tony.” Abby told him as she wrapped him in a hug. Pulling back slightly she gave him a smacking kiss on the mouth before she whispered, “Let’s get up to the bullpen, I’m dying to see Gibbs’ face when he sees you in all this leather!” She laughed effectively making Tony feel better and more at ease.

Tony joined her laughter with his own as the elevator doors opened to the bullpen. Conversations stopped as they stepped out and walked toward the others. Women were eyeing Tony appreciatively, and glaring enviously at Abby as she wrapped her arm around Tony’s waist and leaned into him to whisper, “See, I told you, you look HOT!” making Tony laugh and the female agents scowl at her some more.

They came around the corner of the bullpen and Tony heard Ziva’s gasp and McGee looked up and then quickly down again. But it was the slight growl that had escaped from his boss, his lover, as he had leaned against his desk that had Tony smiling slightly as he met piercing blue eyes across the bull pen. The blue eyes of the man he loved were darker now, and his hands clenched and unclenched at his sides, proof of the effort he was making to NOT reach toward Tony. The blue eyes kept getting darker by the minute and for just an instant there was such intense jealously, that Tony couldn’t help but laugh a little as Abby’s grip on his hand tightened and pulled his arm slightly, letting him know that the coast was clear as he slowly, deliberately winked at his boss. The half smirk that Tony was rewarded with, spread warmth throughout his body and eased some of the tension he was feeling.

“Well, Tony, you look like you will fit in just fine tonight, yes Abby?” Ziva asked Abby with appreciation in her voice as she looked Tony up and down.

“Of course , he‘ll fit in Ziva!” Abby laughed. “Tony fits in everywhere, that‘s why he‘s the best at undercover work, huh, Gibbs?” Abby asked slyly seeing Gibbs initial reaction to Tony‘s outfit. She and Ducky were the only ones who knew that Gibbs and Tony were seeing each other outside the office. And personally she thought it was great, there were no two people more made for each other. “Besides I do the best Halloween costumes ever!”

There was a Gibbs grunted a reply, then he looked up and asked, “Everyone understand the mission, you each know your roles?” He looked at everyone in turn.

There was a round of steady “Yes Bosses” that told Gibbs his team was ready. Standing he grabbed his jacket and nodded to everyone “Gear up!” he said and headed toward the elevator. Tony followed his boss onto the elevator and leaned against the side of the car. Ziva, McGee, and Abby, had taken the other elevator to her lab to double check the surveillance van’s equipment and were going to meet them in the garage. Tony felt his lover’s hand at the base of his neck and brush upward into his hair. He groaned softly as he felt the tremor go through him at his lover’s touch, and he leaned back into the hand that caressed him gently, lovingly. Tony loved the fact that Jet could see the signs of something bothering him, of course he knew how Tony felt about Halloween, and he understood, which made the gentle caress all the more comforting. Gibbs was a man of few words and felt that actions spoke louder than any words he couldn’t say. Slowly, Gibbs let his hand trail down along Tony’s back and back to his side as all the tension left Tony’s body. And the elevator doors opened to the garage.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

TBC

Please tell me what you think?? This is more of a filler chapter setting up background and maybe future chapters?? Please review and tell me what you think.