- Text Size +
Chapter 3:

At the club, Gibbs, Ziva, and McGee stayed in the van and listened as Abby and DiNozzo made their way into the club and to a table.

“All right Abby, DiNozzo, can you hear us all right?” Gibbs asked into the headset mic he wore.

Hearing Gibbs in her ear, Abby turned to Tony with a huge smile as she said, “Sounds Great, huh!”

Tony looked down at her as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her into him for a quick hug, as he maneuvered them around the crowded dance floor, and he laughed as he spoke to Gibbs, “Clear as a bell.” The music was loud, the bass thumping and the dancers on the dance floor were enjoying the tight press of bodies. Tony leaned down to Abby’s ear as he asked “See him yet?” But to anyone watching as Abby giggled, it looked as if he was kissing her ear.

Abby shook her head slightly as she grabbed Tony’s hand and said, “Let’s dance, Love Machine.” and she drug Tony toward the dance floor. They danced to a fast paced, thick bass song, that had them bumping and pushing against the other dancers, then as the music progressed into a slow sensual song, Abby moved in closer to Tony as his arms came around her, to hold her close. It was then that Abby saw him, their dealer. “He just came in, Tony.”

Tony turned them around so that he could see were Abby had been looking, as he leaned close to whisper his description, “Short, long stingy hair, black, red shirt, black jeans cowboy boots, red?” at Abby’s nod, he said to Gibbs, “We ready, boss?”

“Yeah, Tony make contact, just be careful.” Gibbs answered.

“Here we go.” Tony said as he looked at Abby, “Ready?”

“Yup,” she returned in her usual over caffeinated excited voice. They walked off the dance floor, in what appeared to be a drunken gait. Abby leaned heavily on Tony , burring her face in his shoulder, trusting him to guide her where ever they went. Tony wrapped an arm around her to hold her to him protectively. They danced around the other dancers until they came to a stop in front of the suspect’s table. Abby wrapped herself tighter around Tony, almost crawling up his body, in her act, as she whispered, “Ask him, PLEASE!”

“Shh, take it easy baby, I’ll ask,” Tony told her indulgently as he slid his hand down her back almost over her ass and back up, (Almost to her ass, but not quite, no sense in pissing Gibbs off, if he didn’t have to, he thought). Then looking at the suspect he asked “Hey man, my buddy over there, “ Tony pointed vaguely toward the bar, “said that you could probably help us out with something.”

“Oh yeah, what would that be?”

“Well, we were hoping to find some Seduction, and my buddy, he told me that you could probably tell me where I could get some.” Tony said, as Abby hummed into his neck and inched herself higher up his side, then let herself slid back down. The suspect smiled at the action, they had him hooked now, Tony thought, as the dealer nodded slightly. Tony heard Abby whisper, “Got ‘em,” to Gibbs.

The dealer looked from Tony to Abby and back again as he nodded to a back door of the club. He looked toward to of his associates and nodded them toward the door as well. The dealer got up and leaned over to run his hand along Abby’s back as he spoke to Tony, “Give me five minutes then follow us out back, we can then conduct business without the prying eyes of so many.”

Tony nodded as he pulled Abby out of reach of the suspect, not wanting his hands on her in anyway. Tony and Abby watched as the dealer and his associates made their way through the throng of people, watching as the people split for them. They were halfway to the back of the club when Tony finally spoke quietly to Gibbs, “Don’t like the feel of this deal, boss. He was way to eager to help up out, especially without knowing us.”

“Maybe he wants to expand his business, Tony.” this came from McGee who looked at Ziva, to see if she understood where Tony was going with this.

“Yes, Tony, maybe the unease you feel is just from the holiday.” Ziva suggested.

“It is NOT nerves from the holiday Officer David! The man seemed eager, and he looked at someone behind us, I’m sure of it. He wants us to meet him out back in the alley to finish out business, boss.”

“DiNozzo, if you don’t like the feel of this, and you don’t think it’s the right time, pull out--you and Abby get the hell out of there.” Gibbs told him, knowing that no matter how Tony felt about Halloween, the senior field agent would never let that interfere with a mission.

“Special agent DiNozzo, we WILL NOT pull the plug, you will complete this mission and we will close this case tonight.” This came from the director who was observing from MTAC.

“With all due respect Director . . .”Gibbs began.

“No Special agent Gibbs, we have our suspect right where we want him and we will take him down!” Director Sheppard told him firmly.

“It’s all right, boss.” Tony said

“Yeah, bossman, we’ll get it done.” Abby put in reassuringly as her arm tightened around Tony.

“Be careful, you two. And DiNozzo . . .” Gibbs started.

“I know Boss, I’ll take care of her.” Tony promised.

“Take care of yourself as well Tony,” Gibbs told him quietly, knowing the younger man would understand the significance of Gibbs using his first name. Knowing that Tony would understand, what he didn’t, couldn’t, say with all the extra ears listening in.

“Always do, Boss.” Tony quipped, feeling the concern from the older man coming through his ear.

Slowly Tony and Abby made their way through the crowded dance floor, dancing their way around the people in their way. As they passed by one group several of the men in that group, groped at Tony, staining to get their hands on him. Tony felt a set of hands grab at his ass, while another set wrapped around his shoulders trying to pull him closer to a tall, solid body. Tony jerked unsuccessfully at the hands on his shoulders as he stepped out of reach of the hands on his ass, as he exclaimed, “Hey!”

“Come on, Hon, we could have some fun the three of us, or if you want, you can bring the girl along as well.” A gravelly male voice whispered, muffled, against his neck, in his ear AND into the van where Ziva, McGee, and Gibbs were listening. Tony groaned in his head as he replied to the man’s suggestion.

“Sorry, not tonight, I’ve already a good time planned and it doesn’t include you!” Tony stated firmly as he tried to turn, unsuccessfully out of the man’s grasp, without making a scene on the dance floor.

“Come on, just a little fun, looking at you it won’t take us the whole night, unless you want it to that is.” Dance floor man told him suggestively.

At that Tony looked to where Abby was talking with what looked like a friend and raised his voice a bit over the music “Kiki!”

Abby turned at the sound of Tony’s voice, a bit anxious, and saw that two men wouldn’t let him pass, or let go of him. It took a moment, for Tony’s unspoken request to sink in, but then Abby walked over to the larger man, and said, “ Hey bud! Get your hands off my property.” as she raised her platform combat boot and brought her foot down hard on the guys toes, causing him to release Tony. She then turned to glare at the other man trying to keep his hands on any part of Tony’s anatomy, as she arched an eyebrow, the man dropped his hands and mumbled, “Yeah, okay, can’t blame a guy for trying.”

“Yes, I can.” Abby told the men quietly as she slipped a finger through the ring on the collar around Tony’s neck and led him through the rest of the crowd. She glanced up at Tony, and smiled at his slightly shocked expression as he told her.

“Geez, Abbs, you were pretty tough back there, remind me not to mess with you!” he told her with a laugh.

“Yeah, well, have to protect my Tonybear.”

“Hey, I coulda taken him!” Tony protested affronted.

“Wasn’t protecting you from him, Tony” Abby smirked as she threw Tony a pointed look and released his collar.

Catching on quickly, Tony laughed, “Ahh, Yeah, thanks Abbs.” he told her sincerely, but knew that her protecting him from Gibbs, was unnecessary, because while Gibbs did lean toward being the jealous type, he knew that Gibbs knew he was faithful, always.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX