- Text Size +
Leather: Chapter 7:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Later, Abby and Ducky entered the hospital, followed by Ziva and McGee. They were met in the waiting room by Gibbs. Both McGee and Ziva gave their reports on how the interrogations were going. Gibbs nodded and took them to the nurses station and had a nurse take them back to see their teammate. Then Gibbs turned to Ducky and Abby.

“Well how is he?” Ducky asked.

“As well as could be expected for Tony.” Gibbs told them, then looking at Abby he wrapped her in a hug and told her, “He’s fine and waiting to see you.”

“I don’t think I can Gibbs.” Abby told him hesitantly.

“Yes you can , Ducky and I will wait and give you time together, then I’ll bring Ducky back.”

“But . . .”

“It’s the way he wants it Abs.”

“Okay,” she said sullenly as Ziva and McGee appeared. Abby then followed the nurse back to Tony’s room.

“how’s she doing Duck?” Gibbs asked his friend.

“All right, now. I think she feels that Tony should be angry with her and she feels guilty that he’s not.” Ducky said, then “He’s not, is he?” At Gibbs’ pointed look that seemed to say This is Tony we’re talking about’ and then Ducky answered his own question. “Ahh, thought not.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Abby slowly inched open Tony’s door. He laid in bed, his eyes closed, his shoulder was bandaged and strapped to his chest to keep it still. He was pale, but other than that seemed okay. Abby paused a moment at the door, then taking a deep breath she let the door close behind her.

Tony heard the door close softly and he opened his eyes looking over at Abby standing unusually quiet and subdued at the door. He frowned slightly as he asked “What? No bone crushing, air stealing Abby-hug?”

And just like that, Abby rushed to the bed, climbing in next to him and fitting herself carefully along his good side, wrapping her arms around his waist, squeezing tightly as she began apologizing, “Oh, my pour Tonybear! I’m so sorry! I don’t know what happened, I can’t believe you were shot because of me!”

Wrapping his good arm around her, he squeezed and then told her “Shh, Abs, not your fault.”

“But, Tony . . .”

“No! Abby, it wasn’t your fault! You did exactly as I asked, as you promised. You’re not a field agent, so there was nothing you could have done, except get out of the line of fire. For which I’ll be eternally grateful that you did.” Tony informed her. “I don’t know what I would’ve done if you had gotten hurt. I mean, think about it. I’d’ve probably gone crazy, Gibbs too. We’d have killed all responsible, then before we went to prison, Gibbs would’ve turned on me for not protecting you, so then we’d both be dead Abs.” Tony pointed out laughing.

“Oh, Tony, Gibbs would have only maimed you, cuz he loves you and he’d have realized that you did your best.” Abby laughed, playing the game then, seriously she looked up at Tony and asked, “I’m so, so glad that you’re not angry at me.”

“I’d have been totally pissed if you had gotten hurt. I love you Abs.” Tony said as he kissed her forehead, closing his eyes.

“I love you too, Tonybear.” Abby whispered as she snuggled into him and closed her eyes, finally letting go of the events of the day.

Fifteen minutes later Gibbs and Ducky found them, sleeping peacefully, arms wrapped around each other. Ducky looked at Gibbs smiling as he inclined his head toward the door. Gibbs nodded and followed him out.

“Let’s get them something to eat, for when they wake up.” Gibbs said and he and Ducky went in search of the cafeteria.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Two days later, Tony sat in his room with Gibbs as the doctor unwrapped his arm from his body. Wincing in pain as the doctor worked, he locked his eyes onto the ice blue ones of his lover, drawing on the silent strength and support Gibbs sent his way.

“Okay, Tony, we need to see how much mobility you have in that shoulder. Don’t expect too much, we just need to see if you have the ability to move it when you want to. There will be pain, both from the bullet and the surgery. However, hopefully, you will be able to move your arm and shoulder like normal.” Dr Quint told him.

Nodding, Tony tried lifting his arm, then stopped wincing in pain. Taking a deep breath, he released it slowly as he felt Gibbs’ hand slid under his good one, giving a gentle squeeze. Tony once again, looked into his lover’s eyes and taking another deep breath, tried to lift his arm again. He managed to lift it halfway up and hold it out in front of him for a couple of moments, before allowing it to fall back down to his side. Sweat had popped out along his forehead and he felt Jethro’s other hand cup the back of his neck and pull him into his chest for a hug as Tony grimaced in pain.

“Where’s the pain Tony?” the doctor asked.

“My shoulder, where you pulled out a bullet.” Tony mumbled in exasperation.

“Good. That’s real good.” the doctor told him, then continued as he saw the incredulous looks on the two men’s faces. “It means that there is no lasting tissue or nerve damage. Also the fact that you were able to control your arm’s movements means that with some physical therapy, you’ll be good as new and back to work in no time.”

“So then, when can my Tonybear blow this joint?” Abby asked from the doorway, holding a large pizza. The three men stared at her a moment , none of them hearing her approach.

Recovering first, the doctor answered her question. “Probably tomorrow afternoon, after his first physical therapy session.”

“Cool.” Abby said as the doctor left. Then looking at Tony asked, “Hungry” as she waved the pizza under is nose.

“Pepperoni, sausage, extra cheese?” at her nod, he said, “Abs, I love you!” and he dug into the pizza with gusto.

The next day Gibbs walked into the hospital room, carrying a duffle bag with Tony’s clothes, and a present from Abby, since she wouldn’t be able to see him until later. Tony was sitting in the chair next to the window, still slightly pale, and his arm was in a sling. He would be able to return to work for desk duty within the week, field duty when the physical therapist sign the paper work. ‘But first things first“, Gibbs thought, is getting the man back home, and in bed with him.’

Sensing someone in the room, Tony looked over to the door, a huge grin spreading across his face as he saw his lover standing there. The smile got even wider as he took in the duffle. “Hey Jet, you here to spring me from this joint?” he asked as he got up and walked to stand in front of Jethro near the hospital bed.

Gibbs ice blue eyes darkened at Tony’s approach as he smirked mischievously, “Oh, I think I could be if you were persuasive enough.”

“Persuasive, huh,” Tony murmured as he leaned against Jethro, their bodies responding to the contact immediately after the week long separation, he aligned his mouth to the older man’s, barely touching as he whispered, “Is this persuasive enough?” then without another word Tony fastened his mouth to Jethro’s in a quick hard kiss, that was hot and short, he smiled as the older man wrapped his arms around his waist, keeping them close and touching.

“Getting there.” Jethro said against Tony’s mouth, his eyes darkening farther as Tony secured his mouth to Jethro’s once again, this time kissing him deeply and taking his time, his tongue exploring the older man’s mouth, taking in the taste of coffee. Tony smiled as he heard the low moan come from Jethro’s throat, as he lifted his mouth, to rest his forehead against Jethro’s to catch his breath. Then sliding his head to Jethro’s shoulder he murmured, “Take me home Jet, and I promise to finish anything I start.” and with that he pressed his mouth to the sensitive skin beneath Jethro’s ear and nipped it then soothed the skin with his tongue with a hum of appreciation as Jethro’s arms compulsively tightened around him, staining to get closer.

“Get dressed Tony. NOW!” Jethro growled as Tony, laughing went and got dressed in record time.

THE END

Hope you all liked this fic. I felt that it ended here with no where else to go, but if you have any loose ends you want or need tied up let me know and I might do an epilog or sequel.