- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from NCIS, they belong to CBS and the man who created and produces the show. I’m just borrowing them and promise to give them back as soon as I’m done with them… Though I wouldn’t mind keeping DiNozzo for a few, but I don’t think Gibbs would appreciate it. Beta: Calypso…. Author's Note: After watching the finale this scene popped in my head… And there's a slight guest appearance.. I know you will be shocked or maybe not :)
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony gets some advice from a friend

~*~

It had been two months since that morning. Two months since he had lost someone he considered his best friend. He would never have teased her the way he did, if he hadn't felt a deep connection to her. She was the sister he never had, a strong good woman influence in his life. The one regret was that he never told her. He hoped and believed that she knew - that she knew what she meant to him.

He has become as obsessed as Gibbs in locating Ari. McGee wasn't immune; he was designing programs to make it easier to track the terrorist down. And when they found him - he had a notebook of new ideas and ways to cause pain. When McGee found the notebook, Tony first thought he would look at him with pity for having such dark thoughts. He was surprised when McGee added a few ideas - the geek had a mean streak.

Speaking of McGee, he's wasn't 'probie' any more. The new agent is or at least the new agent of the week is. They've gone through four agents in the past two months. The last one barely made it out of the lab alive, after he made a comment that Agent Todd shouldn't have let her guard down. It took Ducky and Palmer to hold Abby back. Last they had heard the agent was somewhere in Alaska.

Tony sighed as he flopped onto his back. He couldn't sleep, too many thoughts and emotions running through his head. He paused, feeling a presence in his room. He looked over towards his dresser, and smiled. "Just had to get one last look before moving on to the afterlife."

"God Tony," Kate smiled at him. "You think I would pause on my way to heaven just to get a look at your naked butt?"

"Yeah," Tony grinned.

Kate laughed, "If I wanted to see cute naked butts, I would have stopped at Gibbs' place."

"I knew you were dreaming of him," Tony sat up in the bed. She was sitting on his dresser wearing the same outfit she had on when she died. "I've missed you."

"I'm sorry," She gave him a sad watery smile. "I didn't mean for it to happen."

"I don't blame you," Tony pulled the sheets over his lap. "I blame Ari and when we find him..."

"Tony," She looked at him.

"No, Kate." Tony held his hand up. "He took away a member of our family. He took away my sister, and will pay for that."

Kate wiped away the tears on her cheek, "I knew." Tony looked at her confused. "I knew you loved me. Not in that way, but in that, 'I'm-an-annoying-older-brother-so-I'm-going-to-pull-your-pig-tales way'."

"So, what brings you here?" Tony asked. "Unless you’re here to pay me the twenty bucks you owe me."

"I owe you," Kate glared at him. "You owed me mister."

"I don't recall that," Tony looked up his fingers tapping his chin. "No, you owed me."

Kate grinned, "I can't believe you are sitting there teasing me."

"Just because your dead, doesn't mean you're free of my torment," Tony smirked.

"I knew I ended up in hell," Kate couldn't hold the smile back.

"Is the visit social or…" Tony turned serious.

"Actually I'm here on assignment," Kate told him. "I'm an angel now."

"Which one? And do you talk with Charlie often?" Tony chuckled.

Kate rolled her eyes, "I'm here to help you."

Tony's smile faded, "Help me?"

"Look Tony, I'm just going to say this," Kate slipped off the dresser and walked over to the bed. "Life is too short," She cupped his face in her hands. "Tell him how you feel. You both will fall apart if you don't lean on each other. He needs you and you need him."

"I can't," Tony tried to pull away. "I would rather be on the sidelines as his friend then have him hate me."

"Tony," Kate brown eyes bore into his hazel. "Don't you understand - the two of you will not survive without each other. You are better together than apart. When you face Ari the two of you will need each others strengths to take him down."

"And if I don't," Tony's voice was soft and vulnerable.

"He will win," Kate stepped back, and disappeared.

"KATE!" Tony jerked awake. He quickly looked around his bedroom. He could still smell her perfume in the air. "Fine, but if he kills me I'm hunting you down and kicking your ass."

'Like to see you try,' Kate's voice echoed through the room.

~*~

Tony walked into the bullpen a small smile on his face. He sat down at his desk and for the first time in two months, he could look at Kate's desk and not feel a sharp pain, but instead a warm remembrance.

"What are you smiling at?" McGee asked as he looked up from his desk.

"I had a good nights sleep," Tony glanced towards Kate's desk again, "Dreamed of Kate."

"Really," McGee's voice was full of curiosity.

"She told me it was time to move on with my life," Tony smirked, "Oh and to kick Ari's ass for her."

"That we will do," Gibbs stood in front of Tony's desk. "Any other messages?"

"Yeah," Tony grinned. "You drink to much coffee, and stop tormenting the new agents."

"Not in this life," Gibbs gave a small smirk and headed for his desk.

"Speaking of new agents," McGee nodded towards the elevators. "She's here."

"She looks like a cold hearted bitch," Tony eased next to McGee. "Shall we test her?"

McGee grinned, "You have to have certain merits to work for Gibbs."

The new agent walked past the two men, ignoring them completely. Tony raised his eyebrow at the rudeness. She walked up to Agent Gibbs desk and stood there. Gibbs ignored her for a few minutes, finally looking up, "May I help you?"

"Rachel Phillips," She held her hand out.

Gibbs just looked at it, "Ms. Phillips. What makes you think you can work on my team?"

"I have a Psyche degree from Columbia, background in the FBI as a profiler, I've also been trained at the FBI labs," She gave him a bright smile.

"And what makes you think you can work on my team?" Gibbs asked again, not liking her.

She looked a bit taken back, but answered in a crisp manner. "I think my recommendations state that I bring a strong work ethic to my jobs. I have a well rounded background between psychology and forensics…"

Gibbs sighed and then pointed to the desk, "This week is a testing ground. You fail you leave."

"Thank you Agent Gibbs," She smiled and moved to the desk. "Is there something you would like me to work on?"

"I need a background check on Captain Thomas Nichols." Gibbs replied as he stood up. "I'm heading down to talk to Ducky about the body. Phillips you have any questions DiNozzo or McGee can help you."

Tony gave her some credit, she waited till Gibbs was out of the room. "Look you two. Nothing you will do or say will get me to leave. I've worked hard to get were I'm at and will not tolerate any of your crap. Make one comment to me Agent DiNozzo I'll have you up on sexual harassment. And as for you Agent McGee, I have no respect for a spineless agent." She sat down and ignored them as she worked.

Tony looked at McGee, who was glaring daggers at the woman. McGee looked down at his computer as a new message came through.

'she won't make it past lunch.'

'can I send her down to Abby?'

'only if I can watch.'

~*~

"So who won the bet this time?" Gibbs asked as the three men walked out of the building.

"I think Ducky," McGee grinned. "He said one-thirty."

"Damn," Tony snapped his fingers, "Was off by thirty minutes."

"Next time," McGee laughed as he headed towards his car.

"You know boss," Tony turned toward Gibbs. "Sooner or later we'll have to actually keep an agent."

"When the right one comes, we will know." Gibbs stopped next to Tony's car.

"Yes Yoda," Tony smirked. He looked up at Gibbs noticing that he was actually smiling a true smile the first one in two months. "Boss…"

"Tony," Gibbs pulled Tony behind a concrete pillar.

Tony looked into the expressive blue eyes, leaned forward and kissed him softly. Gibbs pushed Tony against the pillar, deepening the kiss. Tony nipped at Gibbs bottom lip as he pulled back a bit, "let's take this home."

"Once you're in my bed I won't let you out." Gibbs's voice was deep and serious.

"You won't be able to get me out," Tony kissed him hard, giving as well as taking.

~*~

Tony sighed, deeply content to be in Gibbs's arms. He shifted slightly wincing at the soreness. They had barely made into the house before Gibbs had stripped him down and dropped to his knees in front of Tony. He had Tony groaning in seconds, he swore the neighbors heard him screaming Gibbs's name when he came. Gibbs had led a dazed Tony down the hallway into his bedroom. He stripped down and had Tony spread out on the bed in seconds. Tony moaned deeply when Gibbs finally entered him.

Tony grinned as he remembered each moment they had made love. Tony had made it his goal to touch, lick, and kiss every inch of Gibbs' body, only to have his own body mapped out similarly. Gibbs would bring him to the edge, make him wait, and then pushed him over the edge, ripping a scream out of his throat each time.

The sweetest moment was when Gibbs handed him the lube and asked Tony to fuck him. Tony stared at his boss, understanding the trust and love the man was giving him. Tony took his time, making the moment sensual and achingly slow. The two came gasping each others names. They curled up with each other and fell into an easy sleep, safe from nightmares and the darkness of the world.

Tony woke up with a familiar feeling. He opened his eyes and smiled, "I knew you had a voyeurism kink."

She smiled then knelt next to the bed, "I'm not perverted like you." Tony raised his eyebrow at her. "Okay, I peaked."

Tony chuckled, "Thank you."

"Your welcome," She patted his hand. "Take care of him."

"I will," Tony yawned.

Kate smoothed his hair back. "I love you."

"I know," Tony eyes fluttered shut. "Will I see you again?"

"It could be possible," Kate stood up, "Until then, goodbye Tony."

~*~

"You did well, Kate." Kate looked over at her companion.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because," Dark eyes looked back into the room. "I always thought I had time, and never got the chance."

"What happened?" She asked as they walked out of the house.

"My gun jammed," He turned towards her. "I died in his arms never telling him I loved him."

"God, Speed, that's horrible," Kate sighed, "And now?"

"We help those we can," Speed smiled as he stepped up to the bike.

"You expect me to ride that?" Kate looked at him. "Those things are dangerous."

Speed smirked at her as he mounted the bike. "Dangerous?"

She slapped his arm, "Fine. What could go wrong? We're already dead."

"True," Speed gunned the engine.

"Now where?" Kate asked as she pulled back her hair.

"Two assignments," Speed looked over his shoulder. "First one is in Vegas. One of the CSI's there was almost killed - buried alive."

"What is this? Pick on CSI's week?" Kate shook her head.

"He lived, but the man he needs is avoiding him," Speed explained. "He's afraid to show him how much he cares."

"Let me guess, he's the man's supervisor?" Kate rolled her eyes.

"Yep," Speed grinned. "Should be simple, compared to the New York case."

"What's wrong there?" Kate asked concerned.

"Another supervisor blinded by his own pain," Speed dropped his eyes. "If he doesn't look past his own hurt, he will lose the one that can heal him."

"Will he be killed in the line of duty?" Kate asked.

"By his own hand," Speed answered sadly. He kicked out the stand and took off down the street. They had lives to help and save.

~*~

Gibbs woke up to the sound of a motorcycle revving up. He slipped out of the bed, and moved towards the front room. None of the neighbors owned motorcycles. He looked out the front window and watched as the pair take off down the street. He dropped the drape in shock.

"You saw her?" Tony asked from behind him.

"Yeah," Gibbs turned and looked at him.

"She's looking out for us," Tony stepped up to Gibbs.

Gibbs nodded, "Wonder who she was with?"

"Let's go back to bed," Tony pulled Gibbs down the hallway. The two men settled comfortably in each others arms. "I love you." Tony's voice was soft as he drifted asleep.

"I love you, too." Gibbs kissed Tony's forehead and followed him into sleep.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from NCIS, they belong to CBS and the man who created and produces the show. I’m just borrowing them and promise to give them back as soon as I’m done with them… Though I wouldn’t mind keeping DiNozzo for a few, but I don’t think Gibbs would appreciate it.

Beta: Calypso….

Author's Note: After watching the finale this scene popped in my head… And there's a slight guest appearance.. I know you will be shocked or maybe not :)