- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva and Tony watch everyone around them settling down, will they follow the lead?
PROLOGUE

after aliyah Ziva escaped from Israel and Tony helped her escape the mossad officers her father sent after her. Abby and McGee started dating and They had a baby called bella and Now abby is pregnant again. Tony and Ziva started dating a few months after bella was born. Everyone around them is settling down and They ahven't. When babysitting Abby and McGee's daughter Bella they discover they are ready to start a family of their own


NOW

Tony's phone began to ring.
"Who is it?" Ziva, Palmer, Ducky and agent Lee all asked
"Mcgee"

"Hey McGee"
"Hey Tony, Abby just had the baby, its a Boy"
"Congratulations Probie"
"We were wondering whether you and Ziva could do us a favor"
"what?"
"Could you pick Bella up from Abby's mums house and look after her for the night"
"woah Probie, back up a step
"Come on Tony"
"I'm not so sure"
"Let me talk to Ziva"
"Fine" said Dinozzo, he turned to Ziva "he wants to talk to you"
"hows Abby?" Ziva asked of her best friend
"Great! its a boy"
"have you chosen a name?"
"not yet, but i need a favor from you and Tony"
"sure"
"Can you pick up Bella form Abby's mum's place and look after her for the night?"
"McGee, I'm not so sure"
"Come on ZIva, your great with her, she loves you guys, its only for one night and Abby's mum isn't up to it she's been sick all week"
"Ok McGee but you owe us"
"THanks soo much, you can come and Visit Abby tomorrow"
"Goodbye"

"Its a boy!" Ziva announced to the group of NCIS employees gathered around her desk.

"Ziva do you know what you've signed us up for?"
"Tony he really needs our help, Abby's mums been sick, they're our friends"
"Ok,but i don't know anything about babies" Tony finally agreed

They got into Ziva red mini cooper and drove to Mrs Shuito's apartment.
"oh good your here, thanks soo much for doing this on short notice"
"wheres Bella?" Ziva asked
"She's sleeping through here" SHe said. SHe handed Ziva a loaded backpack and a fold up cot.
"here you are" Said Abby's mum handing the sleeping 10 month old to Tony"
"Bye Lynette" Ziva said
"good luck, call me if you need anything"
"We should be fine"

They walked down the corridor.
"Ziva can we please swap?" pleaded Tony awkwardly holding a sleeping bella in his arms
"why? your doing fine" Ziva said

THey got to the car and put Bella in the car seat.
"i think i'll drive" said Tony taking the keys. Ziva sat in the back with Bella.

10 minutes later they arrived at Their flat and Ziva scooped the sleeping child up in her arms, she looked so natural rocking the 10 month old in her arms.
"Tony can you get the cot?"
"sure"

When they got to the apartment Tony tried to set up the portable cot.
"here, take Bella" Said Ziva, putting Bella into Tony's Stiff arms "Tony relax, why are you so tense?"
"I don't know how to hold babies, Abby'll kill me if i drop her"
"Tony, relax, your not going to drop her, sit down if your so worried" Ziva assured him. She went over to the cot and easily popped it out, she got The backpack and looked inside.
"looks like Abby has written out some instructions"
"What does it say?" Tony asked handing Bella back to Ziva and taking the piece of paper.
"oh my god, she's like written a full blown schedule" Tony said astounded "6pm, prepare and feed her a bottle of 400ml of formula"
"well what are you waiting for?" Ziva said "its 5:50pm"
"What, how..."
"The formulas in the bag, they'll be instructions on the packet"

Bella woke up and she smiled at ziva.
"Zi, Zi" SHe said. Ziva smiled at her, she loved the sweet adaption Bella had made of her name.
"Hey Bella" Ziva said smiling. She bounced her up and down on her lap.

"here" said Tony handing Ziva a bottle
"thank you" said Ziva beginning to feed the bottle to Bella.

After her bottle Bella settled down quickly, Tony read her a story while Ziva rocked her to sleep. When she fell asleep Ziva lay her gently into the cot and pulled the blankets over her.

"She's so adorable" Said Ziva
"yeah, she's very cute"

Tony and Ziva went to sleep together on the couch spooning each other with Bella in the cot beside them.


WAAAA!!!!!WAAAA!!!!!

"i think Bella's woken up" Tony said
"really?" Ziva replied sarcastically
"Don't worry i'll get her" Said Tony
"Thanks"

Tony got up and picked up the 'instruction manual' Abby had left.

If she wakes up in the night, see if her Nappy/diaper needs changing, if the crying persists sing her a lullaby, if that still doesn’t work give her a small hot bath. In event of an emergeny cal 000 (911).

Tony picked her up from the cot, it seemed much more natural to him now.
"shhhh shhh" he whispered soothingly, SHe still didn't settle down, he didn't know how to change a diaper and he couldn't sing either so he gently tapped Ziva on the shoulder.
"Ziva?"
"yes?"
"i need help?"
"what happened"
"she won't go back to sleep and Abby's instructions say she probably needs her diaper changed"

Ziva got up and helped Tony change her diaper, she still wouldn't settle down.
"sing to her Zi"
"ok" said Ziva putting her back in the cot. Ziva sang a beautiful hebrew lullaby, which sent Bella to sleep in minutes.
"Ziva, did i ever tell you, that your voice is amazing"Tony said. Ziva smiled at him, he kissed her on the lips.
"I love you Ziva"
"I love you too Tony"