- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva goes into premature labor in the NCIS car park.
Ziva is 8 months pregnant.


"Do you need anything else?"Tony asked
"No, that is all" Ziva said on the other end of the line
"I'll pick some up on the way back from work, see ya soon"
"Love you Tony"
"Tony you too Zi"

"Dead marine, out at quantico"
"uh boss, how long do you think we'll be?"
"As long as it takes" Gibbs replied "got some where to be dinozzo?"
"No i.. just i.. i don't like to go to far away when Ziva's so close to her due date"
"Well are you comin or staying"
"I'll come" DInozzo said "For a little while at least"

it took almost an hour to get to quantico. The Navy officials had sealed off the area and were guarding the body. Ducky walked over and suspiciously eyed the body.
"Very strange"
"Whats strange ducky?" Gibbs replied
"There are no wounds, it looks like young palmer and i have a mystery to solve"
"He coulda been poisoned?"
"Maybe jethro, but we'll have to get this young man back to DC to do an autopsy before we can be sure of anything"

McGee was bagging and tagging the evidence and Tony was photographing the crime scene.

"Lets get back to DC" Gibbs announced, taking the keys form his pocket and striding towards the car.

An hour later they arrived back at the office.
"I'm heading home boss, gotta get some chocolate ice-cream for Ziva"

Tony walked down to the car park, humming the theme-song of scrubs when he saw Ziva's car in the car park. She got out of the front seat and walked towards Tony
"Hey Tony"
"What are you doing here?"
"Coming to see what happened to my chocolate ice-cream" She replied with a smile
"You shouldn't be driving" Tony told her, putting his arm round her waist and kissing her on the cheek "Lets get home"

Ziva's eyes widened
"Tony?"
"What is it" Tony said worriedly "Are you ok?"
"Tony my water just broke, I'm going into labor"
"But your only 8 months"
"It doesn't matter baby's have been born at 6 1/2 months and survived, it will be fine"

Tony looked down at the soaked pavement around them.
"Lets go to the hospital" tony said nervously leading Ziva to the car
"No Tony, lets go home first, i will not have the baby for a while, the Dr said that after the water breaks the baby can be born many hours later"
"Fine, but as soon as you need to go tell me straight away"
"OK Tony i promise"

They got into the car and Tony revved the engine. Ziva winced as her first contraction came, Tony gripped her hand tightly using the other one to steer out of the car park.Ziva had a another contraction and then another, they kept getting stronger.
"This is silly Zi" Tony eventually said "I'm taking you to the hospital"

Ziva didn't argue she just took deep breaths still clinging to Tony's hand.

They arrived at Bethesda Naval hospital and Tony helped Ziva to the reception.
"Hello how may i help you"
"I have just gone into labor"
"Well you take a seat over there and your husband can fill out these forms, we'll get you into a room as soon as possible"

Neither Ziva or Tony bothered to correct the woman, i mean they were practically husband and wife anyway.

"Ms David, would you like a wheelchair to get to your room?" the nurse asked kindly
"No i am Fine" Ziva said rising from her chair, She held hands with Tony and the nurse let them down a corridor to room 46.

Ziva got into the bed and Tony sat beside her.

"I'll send a Dr in to check on you in a minute" the nurse told Ziva "If you need anything press the button above the bed"
"Thankyou" Ziva replied

"This is it Ziva" Tony said, looking into her eyes
"I know Tony" Said Ziva as though Tony had pointed out something very obvious, which he had

"Do you think it will be a boy or a girl?"
"I think a girl" Ziva said with a smile
"I think a boy"
"You are hoping to thinking?" Ziva said raising her eyebrow.
"Actually Ziva, i don't care what it is as long as its healthy"
"Have you called abby or gibbs"
"Yeah, Abby's on her way"

Ziva rolled her eyes
"Brace yourself" Dinozzo said as a very bubbly Abby entered the room.