- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A flash forward into the life of the DInozzo-David Family 4 years after Maea's birth.
4 years later

"MAea!" Abby called up the stairs "Where are you?"

an energetic 4 year old came bounding down the stairs her dark curly hair flowing behind her.
"Slow down MAe" Abby warned "you could hurt yourself"

Abby took her hand and led her into the lounge room Where McGee was playing on the Wii.
"Hey Abbs" he said pausing the game "Hows it going MAe?"
"I'm good" she replied "When are mummy and Daddy coming back from the hosital"
"Daddy's just gone to get mummy and your little brother now, they'll be home soon" Abby informed her
"Good" SHe said "i missed mummy"

They heard a car pull up in the driveway and the doorknob turning. Maea leapt up from her seat and ran to the door. She saw her mother standing holding a tiny little blue bundle carefully in her arms, she grabbed onto her mum's arm and tugged on it.
"Mummy!, i missed you heaps"
"I missed you too baby" Ziva replied, passing her baby over to its father and taking her daughter i her arms. "Where you good for aunty abbs?"
"Yep, we had heaps of fun"
"Thats good" Ziva replied "Would you like to meet your new little brother?"
"do i have to?" she replied "I wanna play with aunty abbs"
"I'd really like it if you met him first sweetie"
"ok" she said dully

Ziva put Maea down and took the baby back from Tony, then bent down to Maea's level.
"This is your new brother Liam" Ziva said, Tony knelt down beside her " be gentle sweetie, you can touch him if you like"

SHe put out her hand and took his. "Mummy, how come his fingers are so tiny?"
"He was only just born a few days ago, your fingers were tiny when you were a baby"
Where they that tiny?"
"Smalled than his"
"Really?"
"ahuh" Tony replied "Do you like him?"
"i guess, can i play with aunty Abbs now?"
"Sure"

Ziva looked worriedly at Tony.
"Don't worry, she'll get used to him, she's probably jealous, you go and play, i'll sort out Liam"
"OK" ZIva replied kissing Tony on the cheek and following Abby and Maea up the stairs.

Tony look down into the dark brown eyes of his only son, they were almost identical to Ziva's, he has the most wonderful woman he could hope for and 2 great kids, as far as he was concerned, he was the happiest man in the world.