- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
They finally spot Ziva in the camp.
Farad ordered GIbbs to sleep in a tent with some other male Iranians. There was a tent of women being kept for cooking and cleaning purposes next door. One of the men in the tent told Gibbs that a women would be bringing them a meal shortly.

GIbbs recognized the face of the women thats entered the tent. THose big brown eyes, , her hair wrapped in a scarf, half hiding her beautiful face. He knew he couldn't let the others in the tent know he recognized her. When Ziva came and served him a bowl of hot soup he winked at her and whispered Toda (hebrew for thank you). She nodded in acknowledgment. As she left Gibbs knew she had been beaten badly, she was limping and she had a bruise on her cheek. They needed to get her out of there, fast.

2 DAYS LATER

"Dinozzo" GIbbs whispered, barely audibly into his cellphone.
"Yeah Gibbs, whats up"
"The other night i identified Ziva as one of the women working in the kitchens, i need you to organize the helicopter to come in about 5km from here. then i need you to get 3 horses, strong ones, ones that can last long distances. Ziva and I will meet you behind the supplies tent at 0100 tomorrow morning"
"wher...."
"Just do it dinozzo"

Dinozzo had to entice a local women to gain use of her horses, but he did it, without getting too physical, They where tall and strong, and all light brown, to blend in with the landscape. Tony tipped his hat off then climbed astride the first horse, with much more ease than when he and Gibbs had gone horseback previously. He rode them back to his station and waited.


IN THE WOMENS TENT

The women were making their beds, ready for inspection. Ziva had packed most of her belongings in her bag neatly, but left a few out on her bedside table, so as not to arouse suspicion. SHe knew Gibbs was here, She knew she was going home.

Gibbs snuck around the back of the tent and Signaled for Ziva to meet him.
"Gibbs!" Ziva exclaimed Quietly
"Ziva, are you alright"
"I'll live" said Ziva smiling for the first time in months
"were getting you outa here 0100 hours, out the back of the supply tent, be there"

0100 HOURS OUT THE BACK OF THE SUPPLY TENT

"DInozzo, you here?"
"Right here boss" Said Tony emerging from the shadows, leading 3 saddled horses.
"Good to see ya Tony"
"How is she"
"She'll be fine now, were gonna save her from the worst of it" Gibbs told him. Tony sighed in relief.
"Shhh, i think she's coming" Gibbs said putting a finger to his lip. Ziva turned the corner and Ignored them, tipping a bucket of scraps into a huge garbage bin. She looked at Tony long and Hard.
"Tony?" Ziva said accusingly "why are you here!"
"To help Gibbs and help you"
"I don't need your help" Said Ziva angrily snatching the reigns of one horse from his hands leaving him with rope burn.
"nice to see you too" He said. He turned to Gibbs and handed him the reigns of another Horse. Ziva swung herself astride the horse, whispering encouragingly in its ear. She looked completely at home upon its back. Gibbs as well. Tony struggled a little to mount the horse, and he thought he saw a hint of a smile on Ziva's face, but then again, it might not have been.

"Quickly, to get away , or slowly so not to give ourselves up? Ziva enquired flatly
"quickly" Gibbs answered quietly "They don't have horses and it'll take them a while to get their cars from the sheds.

Ziva turned and spurred, GIbbs not far behind her and Tony surprisingly almost in line with Gibbs.

They got close to the helicopter, they could make it out in the distance, but then they heard a sound that made their hearts sink, the sound of engines speeding along the dirt. They urged their horses to go faster.

They reached the helicopter but the cars were not far behind them. Gibbs climbed aboard first letting his horse free, Then Tony, but Ziva's horse wouldn't come as close to the helicopter as the others, she dismounted but was struggling to make it to the helicopter ahead of the cars, Tony's heart was pounding. The helicopters engine began to spin and lift slowly off the ground as Ziva reached the door. It slowly Rose, Tony could see the fear in Ziva's face.
"Grab my hand!!!" he shouted, she hesitated "please Ziva, trust me" Tony begged

She grabbed his hand and he lifted her up into the moving vehicle. She looked at their hands, still holding each other and let go abruptly.
"Thank you Tony" she said slightly icily going to sit Beside Gibbs who looked into her eyes.
"Are you ok?"
Ziva nodded, Then turned to look out the window, a tear glistening in her eye.

She could not Tony the real reason she was so angry, she couldn't tell him her secret, she couldn't Tell Gibbs, could she?, She didn't want to tell McGee, but did she want to tell Ducky or Abby, she couldn't decide. It had taken her by surprise, she hadn't been prepared for what happened, she decided that there was plenty of time to think about it on the way home, yes now America was home and ISrael would be never again.