- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva and Tony finally say "we need to talk" even if it is by office messenger.
"Hey Guys" said McGee coming and taking the few bags they had and loading it onto the trolley
"Hello McGee" Said Ziva "How are you"
"I'm good, But, you don't look so good"
"Thank you McGee, you really know how to impress a woman" Ziva said. Tony laughed.
"She's got you there probie"
"You do not either Tony" Said Ziva giving him an icy glance.

"Gibbs, i need to do some shopping, i'll catch a cab back to NCIS when I'm done" Ziva said
"ok" Said Gibbs

1 WEEK LATER

Ziva had returned to work, now mostly being partnered with McGee or GIbbs, but never with Tony.

ZIVA WE NEED TO TALK. Tony Typed into office messenger
WE DID. Ziva typed back
NO WE DID'NT, YOU ASSUMED, WE NEVER TALKED Tony typed. he looked up and saw Ziva looking at her computer and then typing something else.
WHAT DO WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT?
YOU KNOW WHAT ZIVA, PLEASE?
FINE WHEN, WHERE?
THE ELEVATOR, 11PM TONIGHT
I WILL SEE YOU THEN

Ziva got up from her desk and left the building.


10PM NCIS

Tony arrived early, he carried a small table and 2 chairs into the elevator, then 2 glasses and a jug of water. It looked similar to when Abby had moved her office to the elevator.

Ziva arrived at the elevator, she had changed since he had last seen her, she had now blown her hair straight and was wearing skinny leg jeans, a white t-shirt and a black vest. She looks beautiful, Tony thought to himself.

Ziva walked into the elevator and looked at the table and chairs, Tony gestured for her to sit down and she did. then Tony pressed the emergency button on the lift and the doors closed, the lights went out and they were there alone.

"Ok Tony, I am giving you one chance to explain your side of the story, then you can ask me 3 questions, that is all, then i will tell you what happened to me and you may ask me 3 questions ok?"
"Ok sounds good"
"You may start"

"Well it all starts when you and michael went on a break, you came to my house and we you know"
"Had Sex?" Ziva supplied
"exactly, then when you wanted to get back with him, i didn't know why, whenever i saw you together you looked awkward and unhappy, i was worried about you" Tony said looking into Ziva's eyes.
"So i went to your apartment one night to see if you were ok, michael answered the door and when i told him my name was Tony he thought that i had been having an affair with you, so he pinned me to the ground and put him knife through my arm, it slit about 15cm altogether, but i managed to throw him off me and pin him against the wall, then he drew his gun on me, i knew he was shooting to kill, so i got him first"
"Why did you sink to his level Tony, why didn't you just shoot to injure, why did you kill him?"
"He would have killed me, if i had injured him he just would have been more angry at me, and came after me another time, when i wasn't expecting it" Tony explained " i Know you would have done the same thing in my position?"
"Yes Tony i suppose I would have" Ziva agreed
"Any more questions?" Tony asked eager for Ziva to tell her story
"Were you jealous Tony?" Ziva asked, staring him down
"Yes Ziva, i was jealous" Said Tony realizing it would do no good to lie "But that was not why i killed him"
"Thank you for being honest Tony, i do not have any more questions"
"Then tell me your side of the story" Tony said

Ziva took a deep breath, Tony was the first person she had ever told, how would he take it, would he be sad?, would he be angry, she didn't know.

"Well my story is the same as yours up until when i got back together with michael" Ziva said.

"You and I had been going out for 2 weeks and that was when i found out"
"Found out what?
"found out I........... TO BE CONTINUED