- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva and Tony realize that they will become parents, shortly afterwards they are called to an address where the alleged baby daughter of a navy Lt has been left in a basinet on the doorstep of an abandoned house.
Tony and Ziva Walked back to the car.
"I can't believe it Tony" Said Ziva, quite nervously
"I know" Said Tony putting his arm around Ziva "were gonna be parents"
"i am glad you are the father Tony" Said Ziva "You are going to be such a good dad"
"Your gonna be a good mum too Ziva"
"i am not so sure Tony, i Don't know what to do with a baby, i don't know how to look after one"
"and you think i do?" Tony pointed out "We'll figure this out.......together"
"Tony, honestly, i am not as excited as you, i am scared"
"Its ok Ziva, i'll be there with you the whole time" Tony said "and to tell the truth i'm scared as well"
"What of?"
"Stuffing up the poor kids life"
"you have nothing to worry about Tony" Ziva said "I already told you, you will be such a great dad"

Tony took the Ultrasound picture and proudly put it in his wallet.


THE NEXT DAY

"Dinozzo, David, get the van, meet me at 21 Cooper Place" Said Gibbs

"i wonder whats up?" Said Dinozzo and he and Ziva walked to the van"
"probably just a case" said Ziva "why are you wondering"
"He always gives us a rundown before be leave, he tells us who, what, you know the deal"
"i suppose, we'll just have to go there and find out"

They soon arrived at cooper Place, Gibbs was standing with his back to them talking with a middle aged woman. They got out of the car and wandered over to them. As they got closer they realized that Gibbs was nursing a small baby wrapped in soft yellow blankets.
"So when did you find her?" Gibbs asked
"This morning i woke up when i heard a car driving into the driveway next door" Said the woman " no one had been there in a month, at least", "By the time i had gotten dressed and made my way next door, the car wasn't there anymore and i found the baby in a bassinet on the front doorstep, with this letter and David Wilson Navy dog tags in her blankets" She said passing an envelope to Gibbs
"Have you read it?" Gibbs asked eyeing her suspiciously
"Yes of course, but there wasn't much in it, you see for yourself"

Gibbs unfolded the piece of paper in the envelope with gloves on.

Dear Dave

I am sorry, i can't look after our daughter, so i am leaving her with you in hope you will be a better parent than i could ever be.

I know you will protect her well.

Her name is Holly Isabella Wilson-Jones.
Please look after and when she is old enough tell her i love her

Love Katie (caitlin Jones)

"Did you know the names of the people that lived in the house"
"Yes. David Wilson, His wife Katrina and their 5 year old daughter Emily"
"So he cheated on his wife and then they disapeared and a baby, claiming to be his arrives on his doorstep a month after he moves out, yes?" Ziva said
"Yeah thats right" The woman said

"Gibbs, may i ask why we are investigating this?" Ziva asked
"because the baby was left with the dog tags of Navy Lt David Wilson" Gibbs said "Who has been missing and untraceable for the last month, whoever left the baby, knows where he is"

"here Ziva take the baby and got With Mrs Lawson she has some stuf from when her chidlren were young that we can borrow"
"Why do i have to take the baby?"
"because..."
"because i am a woman?"
"No because i told you too"
"But why do we need baby stuff anyway"
"because Ziva, we are looking after it untill we can find her mother or father"
"oh" Said Ziva. Gibbs put the small baby into her stiff awkward arms
"Ziva relax" Said Gibbs rearranging HOlly so she tucked into Ziva's arms neatly and comfortably.
Dinozzo was trying to hide a small laugh.
"Think you could do a better job Dinozzo?" GIbbs said raising his eyebrows
"No boss"
"Then Shut Up!"

Ziva carried the sleeping child into the house of Mrs Lawson house.

"i have a capsule somewhere here, the basinet she was left in was falling to pieces, i didn't want to pick it up in case she fell right through the bottom" She said in a friendly manner.
"Here it is" Said mrs Lawson taking a plastic baby capsule from a pile of junk in the garage of her house.
"Thank you"
"And here is a box of baby clothes and here is a small portable crib"
"Thanks"

"TONY I NEED SOME HELP HERE!" Ziva called out to her partner
"coming!" Tony said running in to help Ziva
"Can you carry this stuff to the car?"
"What, all of it"
"Yes tony all of it"
"fine, darling"

Tony left to take this stuff to the car.
"Are you and item?" Mrs Lawson asked
"yes" Ziva replied "Sort of"
"Do you have any children?" She asked as they walked to the car, Ziva glancing at the baby in her arms often to make sure she was ok.
"Um, well not yet, but we will in 6 1/2 months" Said Ziva
"Well goodluck dear, i can tell your both a good sort, you'll be good parents"
"Thankyou" Ziva told her "for everything
"its the least i can do" Mrs Lawson said taking Holly form Ziva and clipping her into the capsule and securing it into Gibb's car.
Chapter End Notes:
Please read and comment/review