- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony has a surprise for Ziva
Tony set up a fold out table and 2 chairs in the elevator, then put a single red rose in a vase on the table, he took out a huge saucpan of Pasta he’d made at home and spooned it into one huge bowl. He felt the elevator going down, that must me Ziva, he thought.
The doors slowly opened and revealed Ziva, looking stunning as always in a strapless black dress that flared out from her hips and ended just above the knees. Her Hair was in a stylish, straight high side ponytail, her ears bore gleaming diamond earings and her olive skin soft and smooth as ever.
Tony smiled when he saw her. She gasped when she saw what he’d done.
She stepped in and Tony shut down the elevator.
“Tony, this is so romantic!”
“Thanks, I thought we might go lady and tramp style” he told her nodding towards the huge bowl in the middle”
“Lady and the tramp?” she replied slowly
“It’s a movie… don’t worry” Tony replied smiling, taking Ziva’s hand in his across the table.

6 months Later

About everybody in NCIS knew about Tony and Ziva, except Gibbs, that is.
Tony had stopped teasing Ziva and Ziva had stopped Picking on Tony with McGee, Gibbs knew something was up.
“You two, over here” he ordered, calling them over to his desk, they dare’nt exchange worried glances.
“What is it Boss” Tnoy asked, smirking
“What is going on with you two?”
“What do you mean, nothing” Ziva replied quickly, a bit too quickly
“Look, if you don’t fess up now I’ll figure it out sooner or later?”
“Honestly boss, we don’t know what your talking about” Tony replied confidently

The next day Ziva arrived at work Glumly, she wouldn’t be able to spend the afternoon with Tony, she had a check up with her Dr.

That afternoon

Ziva pulled up outside Bethesda Naval hospital in her red mini cooper. She walked into the waiting room impatiently, eager for her name to be called so she could get it over with.

“Ms David” The nurse called, Ziva didn’t even bother to correct her to Dávid
Ziva put her wallet on the chair and then sat up on the bed waiting for the Dr to enter.
“Hello Ziva, my name is Dr Johansson, We’ll just take a few blood tests to make sure everything is going along normally”

“Sure” Ziva replied, the nurse took some blood then left the room. Ziva got out the book she was reading (American slang dictionary). After half an hr Dr Johanssen Returned.
“Well everything seems to be going along really well, You’re a little low on iron though so I got some vitamins for you to take, twice a day”

Ziva took the small green bottle from the Dr, the Label read prenatal vitamins.

“Prenatal vitamins?” Ziva asked quietly and slowly
“Yes, twice a day, just to make sure your getting the right nutrients to keep your baby healthy”
“Baby!” Ziva replied sharply, suddenly waking up to what she had just discovered

“Yes..” the Dr said kindly “Ms David, your pregnant, surely you knew?”
“No, does it look like I knew!!” Ziva yelled lashing out
“Well, I’d have to do an ultrasound to be sure, but I’d say almost 2 months”
“How can I be pregnant, we use a condom” Ziva wondered aloud
“They aren’t 100% effective you know” The Dr said
“What am I supposed to do, this is not what was meant to happen” Ziva whispered to herself

“Look, why don’t you take a while to get used to the idea, think over it, I can give you some brochures about your options, you can come back in a few weeks with the father ” The dr told her handing her a bunch of pamphlets.

“Thanks” Ziva replied softly “ I think” she added to herself
When Ziva got home she lay on her bed looking through the pamphlets; SO this is your first pregnancy; do’s and don’ts, I’m not ready to be a parents; the options available, Adoption; the joy of giving, I didn’t plan this pregnancy but…, SO I’m having a baby ;What to expect.

Ziva looked over them, she surely wasn’t ready to be a mum nad DInozzo was definitely not on the road to fatherhood, her heart sunk. How could she tell him, how would he react! Ziva thought about abortion, but she knew she couldn’t do it, maybe adoption? She thought, but how can I go through this whole pregnancy then give birth to baby I’ll never even see. Ziva broke down into tears, she called the only person she could; Abby.

Abby was over in an instant, after all she did live in the flats opposite Ziva.
“Ziva, are you home, what's up, are you ok?” She called from the corridor

Ziva got up to open the door. Her eyes were all red and puffy.

“Abby, what am I going to do” she whispered and fell into Abby’s arms in a fit of uncontrollable sobs.

“Hey Ziva, lets sit down, tell me what's wrong, I’m not gonna judge you ziva, come on, I’m your friend”

“Abby” Ziva choked out “I’m… i.. I’m pregnant” Abby gasped “and Tony is the father”
Ziva started crying again, after a few minutes she stopped.
“Ziva, this is about like the most important descision you will EVER make” Abby told her making eye contact.

“I know, But what am I supposed to do, how could I keep it Abby, but I couldn’t give it up for adoption and I don’t think I could go through with an abortion either”

“Ziva, I am not the right person to be talking about this with, you need to tell Tony”
“No Abby I can’t, he’ll go crazy, he’ll hate me”
“He won’t, trust me, How could he hate you, you didn’t do this alone, if you forgot it takes two people to make a baby”
Ziva rolled her eyes. “ Come on Abby, do you seriously think Tony could be a good father?”
“I never said that, not that he wouldn’t, I never said that, he probably would, he might need a little time to get used to the idea, but I know he loves you and he will want to be a part of whatever decision you make” Abby said kindly “I’m sorry Ziva, I’ve gotta go, but goodluck”