- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This isn't my best work! I was board and wanted to write something. Plus, I wrote it at midnight.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I didn't like the ending to Left For Dead (1x10) so I wrote my own.
“Suzanne!” Kate shouted, “Don’t!”

“Sorry Kate.” Suzanne replied and she dropped her bomb.

Outside, Kate was being fixed up by the paramedics. THere were scratches on here face, arms, and legs, most of them were bleding, covering her in her own crimson blood. away from her were Tony and Gibbs, they were having a conversation.

“Tony,” Gibbs was saying, “have you ever made a mistake?”

“To your standards, or mine?” Tony asked in reply.

“Yours.”

“Yeah.”

“Could anyone make you feel better?” Gibbs continued to ask.

“No.” Tony answered truthfully, “But that doesn’t mean no one ever tried.” and with that Tony walked over to Kate. The paramedics had just finished cleaning her up, but she was still sitting on the gurney. She was in shock, and slow silent tears were falling from her eyes and mixing with the blood on her face, turning them red.

“Hey Kate. You okay?” Tony asked, Kate didn’t answer. “Sorry, that was a stupid question, of course you’re not okay.”

“I was stupid.” Kate said quietly, “I should have relized that she remembered sooner. None of this would have happened then. I am so stupid.”

“Hey, don’t beat yourself up Kate.” Tony said, wrapping am arm around her shoulder for comfort. “Everyone makes mistakes.”

“Have you ever made a mistake this big DiNozzo?” Kate asked, this time Tony didn’t answer. “You see, I made a stupid mistake, and looked what happened.” Kate was begining to cry a bit harder, feeling worthless.

“Kate, I have made a bigger mistake.” Tony said, but Kate didn’t believe him. “When I was working in Baltimore, I had a case, the biggest case of my career. It was the death of the mayor’s wife. All of the evidence pointed to the mayor, so I spent the whole case focusing on him, trying to bust him. IT turns out that there was an inconsistance in the evidence that I should have noticed, but I didn’t.”

“What happened?” Kate asked.

“The murder went and killed the mayor’s son while I hed the mayor locked up, and I was fired.” Tony finished.

“Tony, are you saying that I’ll be fired for this.” Kate asked as worry filled her.

“No, Gibbs will never fire you for any mistake. I don’t even think he’ll chew you out for this one.” Tony answered truthfully. Kate smilied and leaned into Tony, resting her head on his shoulder. Tony wrapped her in a hug and told her everything was okay.

Gibbs had been watching them from where he and Tony were origanally standing. He stared at his two agents, and then thanked whatever mystical power had brought this team together. Whatever brought them together knew what they were doing.
Chapter End Notes:
This isn't my best work! I was board and wanted to write something. Plus, I wrote it at midnight.