- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The story continues...I hope that you guys have enjoyed it so far. God Bless and Enjoy!!!!
"The In-Between Years, Part Three"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

******Four And A Half Months Later******

"The Decoy"

Chapter One (Shots Fired) ---

"I'm pulling into the parking garage as we speak." Kate said into her cell phone. "Yeah, I'm gonna park on the bottom level so I can get out more easily--ya know so I can get Krissy to her Doctor's appointment this afternoon." Kate told her husband over the cell phone.

Kate pulled her car around the first level, in a circle, once more still looking for an empty parking spot that she hoped she might have missed the first time around. So far she hadn't been able to find a parking spot on the bottom level. She may as well just park outside the garage in the NCIS Headquarters buildings' side parking lot she figured after another minute or so of looking.

"I take that back," she said into her cell phone. "Looks like I'm parking out in the side lot today." she informed Gibbs over the phone. "Yes sir," she said suddenly, jokingly mimicking a soldier replying to his CO. "I'll be VERY careful, sir." then she gave a small chuckle at her husband who was sitting inside NCIS on the other end of the phone line.

"Alright," she said finally, as she began to pull her car back out of the parking garage at last. "We'll see you in a few minutes. Okay, love you too. Bye." Kate hung up her cell phone and stuffed it back into her purse, which was sitting nearby in the front passenger's side seat, and then began to carefully manuever her vehicle out towards the side lot.

Finally, a few minutes later she pulled her car into a vacant parking space in the side lot, and then proceeded to put the car into park and then she shut it off and removed her seat belt.

Kate walked around to the passenger side of her car, setting her purse down near the trunk of the car so that it would be out of the way while she worked to free her daughter from the vehicle, and opened up the back door to reveal her daughter strapped safely into her car seat. The happy tot was wide awake at this point. Kate set to work at unhooking the car seat from its binds that held it fast to the actual back seat of the car.

"Hey there," she said sweetly to her daughter as she worked on unhooking the car seat. "You're awake--yes you are." she cooed.

The little tot cracked what appeared to be a tiny smile at the sound of her mother's voice. She craned her little neck to look around a little bit.

"You ready to see daddy?" Kate cooed sweetly to her daughter as she finally managed to get the first strap loose. "Yes you are--yes you are." she cooed with a big smile, as she rubbed her nose against her daughters' little tiny nose. She then went to work on the second and final strap.

Suddenly the sound of a gun shot rang through the air, and startled Kate a little bit so she looked up from what she was doing trying ascertain where the sound had come from and the circumstances that surrounded them. After a brief minute or so of looking around and not finding anything she started to turn back to what she had been doing previously.

As she started to work, once again, on the second and final strap another gun shot rang out; but this time the bullet hit her car and made a loud noise that caused Kate to jump again. This time when she went to lift her head up to look around, her heart beating rapidly in her chest, a third shot whizzed right by her head and through the window of the open car door shattering the glass.

Now she knew she was being shot at--or at least that's how she felt--she quickly scrambled forward and yanked loose the one strap that held her baby in her car seat and pulled her crying infant out of it as fast as she could. She and the tiny baby ducked down beside the car on the other side of the open car door. Kate hugged her baby daughter tight against her as a fourth shot rang out.

She reached for her pocket, which is where she sometimes carried her cell phone when she did not have her purse, but then she remembered that it was in her purse, and that her purse was on the other side of the car.

She tried desperately to calm her intensely crying baby in her arms as another shot whizzed over their heads.



Inside NCIS HQ Tony and McGee sat at their desks in the squad room conversing between one another about the previous night (and what they each had done after leaving work).

Gibbs came around the corner carrying his traditional coffee cup in his hand, and headed towards his desk.

"Morning boss," Tony greeted Gibbs from his own desk. "Where ya been?" He asked the question knowing full well two very important things: 1.) It really wasn't any of his business where Gibbs had been; and 2.) Stupid questions can sometimes involve very painful answers.

"With the Director." Gibbs replied very plainly as he took his seat behind his desk. He turned to face his computer, after taking a sip of coffee and then setting his cup down on his desk, and started to pull up his e-mail account page to check for anything important in his inbox.

"Tony and I were just discussing-" McGee started to explain.

From across the squad room, and up the small flight of stairs, the doors to MTAC opened up and Director Tom Morrow stepped out and walked up to and leaned against the railing. "Everyone. Listen up!" Morrow shouted over the noise of the busy squad room. "Just got a call from downstairs," he informed everyone in a loud and urgent voice. "Shots have been fired in the parking lot. No one is to leave this building until further notice. Is that understood?"

The first thought(s) that ran through Gibbs' mind were that Kate and Krissy were outside in the parking lot. He had just finished talking with her on his cell phone not more than 5 or 10 minutes ago at the very least. They could still be out there in the line of fire, or worse they could already be hurt.

Gibbs stood up quickly and retrieved his Sig from the top, right-hand drawer of his desk, and primed it for use as he quickly walked out from around his desk.

"An FBI SWAT team is en route as we speak." Morrow continued from up above everyone else.

"DiNozzo. With me." Gibbs barked across the bullpen as he headed for the elevator. "McGee get Ducky, and have him meet us downstairs. Now."

"On your six Boss." Tony called out, as he retrieved his own side arm and then followed after Gibbs.

"On it Boss." McGee replied, jumping up and heading in the opposite direction which lead to the second stairwell that would take him downstairs to Autopsy and Ducky.

Gibbs and Tony stepped onto the elevator, and then a few seconds later the door(s) closed on them.

Across the squad room Director Morrow pointed in Gibbs and Tony's direction with a slightly confused and bewildered expression on his face. "Where are they going?" Morrow asked a guy standing beside him. The shrugged his shoulders at the Director and mumbled.

"Beats me." the agent replied to the Director's question.



Gibbs and Tony pushed their way out a side door that opened up/out to the side parking lot. They slowly and carefully moved forward, guns drawn and eyes sweeping over every square inch of the parking lot with each new step that they took.

Gibbs' eyes finally landed on his wife's car, a White Prius with a license plate that read 'PRDMMY', and it was actually parked not too far away from where they stood. He could see that the back door on the passenger's side was standing open, but he could not see his wife. Gibbs quickly and quietly motioned for Tony to go around from the other side and carefully make his way towards Kate's car, and then afterwards he himself started moving off in that very same direction.

"Kate!" Gibbs called out, somewhat cautiously, in the direction of her car. As he moved even closer towards the car he now could hear the sound of his baby daughter crying, and it stirred up something in his gut.

"Gibbs!" Kate cried out to her husband, still clutching her daughter close to her chest as she pressed herself up against the side of the car. "We're over her!"

Gibbs could sense the fear in her voice even from his current distance away from her. It scared him as well, and he repeated her name in a low voice as he took off running towards the car.

"Kate," he said, panting lightly, as he reached the car and saw his wife and daughter crouched over on the back side of the opened car door. Tony joined them a few seconds later from the other side.

"No sign of our shooter." Tony informed Gibbs.

Gibbs moved quickly around the opened car door, stepping over shards of broken glass that now littered the ground around the car. "Katie," Gibbs said as he stooped down next to them. "Are you alright?" he asked, as he leaned her head slightly to one side to inspect a spot where she was bleeding with his free hand.

"I'm fine. The bullet only grazed it." she told him, without hesitation, her heart still beating very rapidly in her chest as she sat there before her silver-haired husband.

Tony still stood on his feet, gun still in his hand, keeping watch for Gibbs and Kate until it was determined that it was safe for them to move away from where they currently were at the moment.

"Still need to let Ducky look at it thought." he said quietly. "How's Krissy?" he asked, motioning for his daughter after he had stowed his Sig away in(to) the small of his back held in place by his belt.

Kate handed the baby over to her father, and watched as he gave her a quick once over right there on the spot. "I think she's just a little shook up more than anything." Kate said, still trying to catch her breath.

"Shhh, Its okay," Gibbs whispered, as he began to rock the little baby in his arms to try to calm her down. "It's okay. Daddy's he-"

Suddenly another shot rang out through the air. This shot, however, hit the car just to the right of Kate's car. Gibbs, reflexively and very quickly, reached out, grabbed Kate and pulled her and the baby down beneath him (and against the car of course) and kept them covered up with his own body as a semi-protective barrier.

Tony instantaneously dove down out of the way pulling himself up against the lower side of the front end of the car for a little bit of protection. "Everyone okay!" Tony called out, right after another shot hit the car next to Kate's.

"We're fine DiNozzo!" Gibbs called back, somewhat angrily. "Can you see where its coming from?" he asked, looking up slightly but then ducking his head back down as another shot rang out over their heads.

Tony peeked up over his hiding spot, and looked around in the distance quickly, and then ducked back down out of sight. "Nope. Nothing Boss!" Tony replied.

Gibbs thought for a moment, and then an idea finally came to him. He quickly pulled out his cell phone from its side holster and looked at it briefly. "DiNozzo, get ready to run!" Gibbs called out to his Senior Field Agent.

Gibbs sat up a little bit and handed the baby back to Kate. "Get ready," he told her quickly. "When I say go--we run." he explained. "Stay as close as you can to me Kate." he added, with a very serious look at his wife.

After explaining his plan he proceeded to count down to 3, and then he threw his cell phone out over his head and listened for it to hit the ground. Once it did he gave the signal for them to run towards the door of the building just as soon as he heard another gun shot hit what he hoped (and thought and prayed) was his cell phone which he had used as a decoy.

They all jumped up and ran as fast as they could towards the door. Gibbs stayed right with Kate the entire time, using his body as a shield for his wife and daughter until they were safely back inside the building.



Once they were back inside they were greeted very hastily by McGee and Ducky. Ducky wanted to take them all down to autopsy so that he could conduct a private examination on each of them--just to be on the safe side.

It was long after that that the FBI SWAT team finally arrived and began to comb the area in search of the mysterious shooter--by this point the shooting(s) had stopped all together but nonetheless.




Chapter Two (Aftershock) ---

The group sat in autopsy, a few minutes later, as Ducky gave each of them a quick once over for any serious injuries and such. Kate stood looking over Ducky's shoulder as he examined baby Krissy for any injuries or wounds of any kind.

"So she'll be alright?" Kate asked once again.

Ducky turned the concerned parent and friend and smiled at her as he handed the baby over to her. "Indeed she will my dear Caitlin." Ducky said with a grin. "Maybe a little shook up, but after all she did have herself quite a fright out there." he added.

Kate cradled the little baby girl in her arms and cooed softly to her as she rocked her back and forth gently, slowly, and carefully.

The autopsy doors opened up and Gibbs stepped inside heading straight for his wife and child. "You alright?" he asked quietly, as she handed the baby over to her father.

"We're both fine Jethro," she told him, planting a kiss against his lips. "What about you?" Her husband had straight-forwardly declined the doctor's examination, choosing instead to have a quick word with the SWAT team's leader.

"Not important." he said plainly, shaking his head at her, as he held Krissy close to his chest and rocked her a little bit.

"It is to me Gibbs." she snapped back in a low voice. She absoluetly hated it when he treated her that way, as if his own life was not the least bit important (to anyone).

"I'm alright Kate." Tony said, with a lop-sided grin, as he tried to inject himself into the conversation. He stepped towards the couple slowly.

"Not now Tony." Kate snapped, shooting her partner a dirty look.

Tony put his hands up in defeat and started to back away once more.

"Has the SWAT team found anything yet?" she asked, turning back to face her husband.

"Not yet." Gibbs replied. "Their squad leader believes the shots came from relatively nearby--" Gibbs explained, trailing off and not finishing his sentence right away.

"But you think otherwise." Kate said, finishing her husband's sentence for him.

"But they could have come from anywhere--ANYWHERE." Gibbs told her. "They were 308s." Gibbs added, quietly.

"How could you possibly know that?" she asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"I used to be a Marine Sniper, remember." Gibbs said, arching his brow at his wife.

"So what now?" she asked, concern in her voice. "I mean what if this psycho tries again?"

"Dunno." Gibbs replied quietly. "But we will catch this bastard--that's a promise." he added.




Chapter Three (The Getaway) ---

Three more months passed after the incident/shootings outside the NCIS HQ building in the side parking lot, and even though they had been forced to let it go and focus on other cases--that shooting still haunted Gibbs and still remained a top priority in his mind.

Krissy was getting bigger and bigger with each passing month, and everyone was having a blast with her. Because of this fact Abby was more than happy to agree to watch/take care of the little tot while mommy and daddy went away for a few days for their honeymoon.

Kate hoped that the trip would get the whole shooting thing off of Gibbs' mind for awhile. She would admit that the whole thing scared her too, but she did not obsess over it like her husband had been doing. Although she could say that she understood why he was the way that he was.

"Please try to enjoy yourself Jethro." Kate pleaded as they finally boarded their flight out of Washington D.C. that morning.

Gibbs rolled his eyes at his wife, as he took his seat beside her(s).

"You've been talking about that stupid shooting for three whole months now, and I just think its time to let it go for awhile--like Director Morrow said." she explained, as she slid her purse up under her seat, and then buckled her seatbelt.

"That psycho tried to kill you Kate." Gibbs pointed out quietly.

"I know Gibbs--I was there, remember?" she countered. "But I'm asking nicely just drop it okay, for me."

Gibbs thought about her request for a few minutes, but the look on his wife's face finally won him over and he conceded to her wishes. "Fine."

"Thanks." she said with a little giggle, as she planted a kiss on his cheek.




Eight hours later their plane landed in the Bahamas. They made their way through the airport terminal, collected their bags, and then made their way to the hotel at which they had made reservations two days before.

Kate dropped her bags onto the floor as soon as they walked into the room. Gibbs dropped his soon thereafter, and then closed and locked the door behind them.

Kate walked across the room to the little sofa in the center of the (big) room, and began to remove her tennis shoes. "Nice place." she said, as she looked around the room from the sofa.

"Uhunh." Gibbs agreed, as strolled slowly around the room, into the kitchen area, and then around to where Kate was sitting on the sofa. "Nice."

"Maybe I should call Abby and check in on Krissy." Kate suggested, standing up from the sofa, now in her socks, and looking around for a telephone to use.

Kate found the telephone sitting on a side table on the left hand side of one of the two beds in the bedroom area of their hotel room. She sat down and began to dial out.

Gibbs' hand came down and took the phone from his wife, and set it back down on the base. "We talked about this Kate." Gibbs said quietly.

"Gibbs-" Kate started to protest, but Gibbs laid his finger against her lips, and then pushed her backwards onto the bed straddling her body as he did so.

Gibbs lowered his head down and took her with his own lips deep and passionately. It didn't take long for Kate to return the invite--turning up the heat a little bit more. Before long he had her shirt off revealing her bra, and then within a few minutes of that her bra came off as well.

She pushed him away, momentarily, breathing quite heavily as she looked up at him from her position below him. "Are you kidding me?" she asked, arching her brow at her husband.

"What can I say," he replied with a smug smile. "I'm only human."

As they continued on the path they had chosen to take Kate's mind began to drift back in time to the last time Gibbs had been this straight-forward with her (in this way of course).

~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK SEQUENCE~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the NCIS squad room things had been a little more tense than usual this week because of the case that they were currently working on. Things had been especially tense between Gibbs and Kate.

The couple had been at each other's throat the entire week since they'd been given the case.

"You undermined me Gibbs!" Kate nearly shouted in his face. She couldn't believe the things that her husband had done to her this last week. "How could you!?"

"Okay, first of all Kate, I didn't undermine you," Gibbs pointed out. "I simply engaged in an alternative means of investigation--I think is how Abby put it." he told her, with that smug grin of his.

At that point Tony and McGee came strolling around the corner, and almost walked right into the line of fire between the couple.

"UUhh!" Kate growled angrily. "You are such a--BASTARD!" Kate shouted at her husband, as she spun around so that she would not have to look at him.

"Yeah." Gibbs said, in agreement (well sort of) as he plopped down into his chair behind his desk. "All three of my ex-wives said the same thing." he added.

Kate turned back around, anger renewed in her face, and confronted him once more. "You can't do this to me!" she growled. "I'm not just some woman that you work with, Gibbs, I'm your damn wife!" she shouted in his face.

Gibbs watched as his beautiful brunette wife exploded with all of the anger that she had kept pent up inside of her for almost an entire week. "God," he thought to himself, as a little bit of amusement played across his face. "She is so hot when she's angry."

He could feel the want and the longing building up inside of himself, and started to wonder if he would be able to contain it until they got home that afternoon. The more she chewed him out and yelled and spat at him, the more he was turned on by it. Soon enough though it became increasingly clear that even all the will power he could possibly muster in one single day would not be enough to contain what was bubbling up from deep within him(self).

"Kate." Gibbs said fiercely, as he stood up behind his desk. He stood up so suddenly that it startled everyone standing nearby (somewhat anyway), and they were not sure what to expect as they looked on.

"What!?" she shot back, anger still burning deep in her voice.

Gibbs looked around at the rest of his team, weighing in his mind the consequences of what he was about to do. "Oh screw it." he thought to himself finally. "Conference room. Now." he said urgently, motioning to the elevator with his head as he headed in that direction.

The two of them stepped onto the elevator a few brief moments later. Kate still had her arms crossed over her chest as Gibbs pushed the button for a lower-level floor.

"Whatdya want to talk about?" she asked pointedly.

Gibbs waited until just the right moment, and then slapped the stop switch bringing the elevator to a sudden halt right where it was. He crossed the space between them and pushed Kate up against the wall, and held her there as he stared into her fierce eyes for a brief moment. Then he attacked her lips with his own.

"Gibbs, what are you doing!?" Kate demanded as she tried to pull away from Gibbs.

"I need you Kate," Gibbs whispered into his wife's ear as he nibbled at her earlobe.

"What? Here?" she protested, and tried even harder to escape her husband's strong grip.

Gibbs moved his lips down to the side of her neck, which he knew full well was one of Kate's weak spots. As soon as his lips began to play at her neckline she instantly started to melt away in his arms.

"Gibbs," she gasped. "We shouldn't. Not here." she tried to point out to her husband.

"I can't wait Katie." he whispered her nickname that he had so graciously given her back when they were still dating.

That was it now she wanted it too, and she turned her head around with a jerk and seized her husbands lips with her own. It wasn't long before the clothes started to come off--one article at a time.

"I'm still mad at you." she pointed out as they continued kissing and clawing at each other like wild animals.

"Good." he retorted, pressing a smug grin into her lips. "Its better that way." he added.

Finally, she grabbed onto the tiny handrail that was mounted on the far wall of the elevator as Gibbs pushed himself into her--slowly and carefully--waiting for her signal before going any further.

She gasped at the waves of pleasure she felt as his massive erection filled her completely. "Gibbs." she gasped.

"Kate?" he asked, unsure of how long he would be able to maintain control of himself.

She nodded quickly, and then he began to move--slowly at first but then steadily he increased their tempo one level at a time--the sound of flesh slapping against flesh echoing off of/around the elevator's walls.




Tony and McGee had just received a call from their resident Goth Forensic Specialist and were headed down to see her--since they could not find Gibbs or Kate anywhere they had decided to go down alone.

"I really think that we should wait until we find Gibbs and Kate," McGee pointed out as they stood waiting for the elevator to arrive on their floor. "I mean they'd want to know what Abby found."

"Yeah well, we can't seem to find them can we McGee?" Tony quipped, as he pushed the button on the wall once more. "Besides, I'm sure they'll probably meet us down there anyway." he added.

"What's taking this thing so damn long!?" Tony said angrily, as he slapped the button on the wall to call the elevator once more, but to no avail.

"Tony. Wait." McGee said, stopping Tony from hitting it again (which is exactly what he was about to do).

"What!?" Tony snapped at the younger special agent standing next to him.

"Listen. You hear that?" McGee asked, turning slightly to one side to try to hear the sound(s) a little bit better.

Tony followed suit, quietly, and listened for whatever it was that McGee had heard.

"Oh God Yes." Kate's voice echoed up through the elevator shaft. "Yeah. I want it all." she moaned.

Together they heard a sound, coming up from within the elevator shaft, that neither of them had particularly WANTED to hear--ever. They exchanged nervous glances with each other at that moment.

"I didn't hear anything, if you didn't?" McGee suggested, swallowing a nervous lump, looking at Tony nervously.

"Oh, um yeah. Agreed." Tony said a slight nod, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing.

"Stairs?" McGee suggested pointing towards the stairwell that lead downstairs.

"Stairs." Tony repeated in agreement and they both set off for/down the stairs headed for Abby's lab.




Gibbs now had Kate's back pinned against the wall of the elevator. She held tight to his neck and shoulders as he began to drive them homeward with a final series of strokes that were hard and fast.

"OH, Gibbs." Kate moaned, as she sank her nails into the flesh of his back/shoulder. "Take me." she pleaded with him.

She wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled him in deeper with each stroke savoring the feel of his warmth inside her. "Don't hold back." she begged her husband, between moans of pleasure.

"Kate." he groaned in her ear as he gave one final thrust into her. They came together in what could only be described as a series of blindingly powerful fireworks and explosions that threatened to send them both sprawling out across the floor of the elevator. But by sheer force of will Gibbs managed to keep them both from falling over.

"Uhh, uh, oh. G-Gibbs." Kate groaned quietly against his shoulder as she rode out the shockwaves of their orgasms. Never before had Gibbs been this passionate with her--it was a very rare occurrence indeed.

"I love you so much Katie." Gibbs whispered into his wife's ear finally.

Kate nibbled gently at Gibbs' ear as they aited for their bodies (vital signs) to return to normal. "I love you too, Jethro Gibbs." she whispered back softly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~END OF FLASHBACK SEQUENCE~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was a date that would always stand out in Kate's mind. The reason this was so was because just three and a half weeks later (well almost that long) she found out that she was pregnant with Kristen.

Gibbs and Kate now laid underneath the covers on the bed holding each other and talking in hushed whispers.

"That was--amazing, Gibbs." Kate mused, as she planted another kiss against his usually silent lips.

"You didn't expect anything less did you?" he asked, with a lazily smug grin spread across his face.

Kate laughed at her husband's somewhat arrogant sense of humor, and gave him a slight love tap against his cheek.

"So what do you want to do now?" he asked quietly.

Kate checked her watch, and then looked up at her husband. "It is past lunch time," she pointed out. "Wanna grab a bite to eat?" she asked.

"Sure do." Gibbs replied with a grin. "I'm gonna need proper nurishment if we plan to keep this up."

Kate laughed at her husband once again, and stole another deep kiss from him before pushing away so that she could go and get dressed up to go out.



Thirty-Five minutes later the happy couple found themselves in a burger joint not too far from their hotel. They had already ordered and were now waiting on their meals to arrive at their table.

"Seems like every place on this island is crowded--too crowded." Kate pointed out, between sips of her Diet Coke. So far things were going pretty good she thought. She knew that Gibbs wasn't all that much of a vacation kind of person, but this was their anniversary and she wanted it to be special.

"Yep." Gibbs replied plainly, between sips of his own glass of sweet tea.

"Listen Gibbs. I read in one of the brochures that we picked up that there's supposed to be a big party down at the beach tonight," she told him. "Its open to the public--anyone can come--and there's supposed to be a meal, music, 'dancing'."

Gibbs thought about it for a moment, silently, he knew what she was getting at--it was the dancing that caught her eye. He knew that she enjoyed dancing, he himself was not very fond of it, but he knew that it was something that made Kate happy, so he figured why not. "Would you be my date?" he asked, with a lop-sided grin.

"Why Mr. Gibbs, I'd be delighted." she replied, with a chuckle, pleased that her ploy had worked so well.

After another minute or so had passed the waitor approached their table carrying their plates. "Cheeseburger and spicy fries for the gentleman, and for the lovely lady--a club sandwhich and side salad." the waitor recited their orders as he passed them out.

"Thanks." Kate and Gibbs said at the same time.

Once the waitor was gone the couple finally began to eat their long-awaited meal enjoying every bite of it.



Chapter Four (A Romantic Evening For Two) ---

Kate had the hardest time deciding what she wanted to wear to the big party that night, but she eventually settled on a simple red evening gown, while Gibbs decided to wear no more than a pair of khaki shorts, a gray t-shirt, flip flops (he figured he could just dance in his bare feat without much of a problem), and a ball cap.

The couple arrived just as the shindig was getting started. The first thing that everyone did was, of course, eat. A lot of people alternated between eating a little bit here and then dancing a little there, and back and forth as such.

Gibbs and Kate figured they would eat first and that is what they did. Afterwards they sat around and digested their meal at their table while they watched other couples and what not dance around--half on concrete flooring and half just out on the sand of the beach.

Half-way through the evening, though, Kate and Gibbs still had not danced (yet). In Kate's mind a lot of the music that they were playing just did not seem like Gibbs' style and she knew he would not feel comfortable out on the dance floor with all of the younger, hipper folks.

"Go." Gibbs said, completely out of no where.

Kate looked at her husband somewhat confused by his statement. "Sorry?" she replied, nervously.

"Go dance." he said, nodding towards the 'dance floor'/area. "Have fun." he added with a knowing smile.

Kate bit down on her lip, nervously, trying to decide whether she should leave him there at the table, and just get up and go dancing alone-or maybe she should stay with him. In the end the 'dancing' won out.

Gibbs was careful to keep his eyes on his wife the whole time that she was up dancing. "She's actually pretty good at this 'dancing' thing." Gibbs thought to himself. The next, almost, two hours were strange for Gibbs. Kate's wild-n-let-loose style of dancing was, oddly enough, erotic in a way. Never had dancing in any form ever been a turn on for him--but then again he'd never really seen Kate dance like this before.

He finally got up from where he sat and walked out onto/into the dance area, and headed straight for Kate.

After awhile longer though, a soft and slow song began to play, and everyone on/in the dance area was moving slowly to the rhythm of the song that was now playing. Kate could not dance to this type of music/song by herself so she turned to head back to the table and ran, literally, into her husband.

"Gibbs!?" Kate cried out, in shock.

"Shhh." Gibbs whispered, as he pulled her close to him.

"But what are you-?" she started to ask, but was silenced by his finger being pressed gently to her lips.

"Just dance." he commanded softly.

The two of them quickly fell into their slow-dance positions (like the ones they had used to dance at their wedding). Kate felt so comfortable there with her head resting against her husband's chest--just moving along slowly and calmly to the soft and slow rhythm of the music. To Kate it was almost like a dream--a wonderful, wonderful dream.



After a while their soft-and-slow music/dance finally came to an end, and the two of them hurried from the dance area, and back to their table. It was beginning to get pretty late in the evening (probably somewhere in the neighborhood of being close to 11:00ish or 12:00ish).

Kate was still laughing as she plopped down into her seat at the table. "Oh that was sooo much fun," she said, with a sigh, as she looked up at her husband who was still standing. "Thank you so much." she added sweetly.

"It was alright." Gibbs replied. "What next?" he asked, as he stood behind her (seat).

Kate checked her watch briefly. "I think its getting pretty late, Gibbs, and I am getting tired." she told him, with a slight yawn.

"Really?" Gibbs asked, arching his brow at his wife. "Gee, that's too bad." he added, a fiendish smirk playing at the corners' of his mouth.

"What?" Why?" Kate demanded, all at once, looking somewhat confused and curious. "Did you have something in mind?" she asked, curiously.

Gibbs leaned over and whispered something very quietly into Kate's ear, and almost immediately her eyes lit up with newfound energy and desire. She jumped up, rather quickly, and grabbed her husband's arm and started to drag him away from the party. "What are we waiting for?" she said, with a devilish smile.



Outside their hotel room the sounds of two lovers could be heard quite clearly by anyone who might be inside--good thing the room was empty. They swapped kiss after kiss as Gibbs fumbled with the room key/keycard.

"Let me open the damn door first Kate." Gibbs swore, in a hushed and yet amused voice.

"Fine. Just hurry." she replied, rather forcefully.

There was the sound of jingling and scratching, and then the door to their hotel room finally swung open, and the couple stepped inside, pausing only so that Gibbs could close and lock the door back behind them. Neither of them even bothered to turn the (any of the) lights on. The dim light emanating from the living room area's single window would be sufficient here.

As soon as he turned back around to Kate she was all over him again. She tugged, fiercely at his gray t-shirt, and did not stop until he finally yanked it off himself and tossed it to the floor.

They kissed nonstop stumbling over the sofa and other odds and ends as they made their way further into the room. The next article of clothing to go was Kate's gown (the whole darn thing), and she let it fall, unhindered, to the floor exposing bra, panties, and bare flesh all at once.

He pushed her up against the end of the sofa and held her there as he made short work of her bra, tossing it also to the floor. He cupped her right breast with his hand as they continued their seemingly endless bout of kissing. He nibbled a little at her ear, and then worked his way down the nape of her neck, gently planting kiss after kiss in his wake. He continued to work his way down her top until his lips closed over one of her already taut nipples where he began to suckle one and then the other (gently of course).

"Oh God Gibbs," she moaned aloud, running a hand through his silvery hair. "That feels soo good. Hmmm."

From there he gradually made his way down over her stomach tracing kisses all along the way, and even further downwards until he reached her silk panties. They would have to go. He quickly helped her step out of them and then tossed them aside.

"Gibbs-" she started to say his name.

Then without warning Gibbs plunged two fingers deep into her warm folds, pushing them in as deep as they would go.

"OH, oh." Kate moaned, as she felt him begin to move his fingers around inside of her. "G-God. Oh."

After another minute or so of teasing her he finally withdrew his fingers from inside her, and stood upright once again, so that she could see him lick his fingers clean.

He leand forward again and resumed kissing her attacking her lips with his own. Almost at the same time Kate's hand began to scramble frantically pulling at the buckle of his belt--trying to free the rest of his body from its prison.

He knew what she wanted, but he wasn't ready to let her have it just yet. Playfully, he pressed the hardness of his erection, ever present through the material/fabric of his shorts and undies, against the bare flesh of her tender sex.

"Uuhhh, ohhh." she moaned at the feel of his erection against her bare flesh. "Gibbs. Please." she begged, her eyes already pleading with his for release.

After a few more kisses against her lips, neck, and ear, Gibbs finally obliged shrugging out of his shorts, shoes, and undies with almost no effort at all.

He lifted her up, carried her around, and laid her down on the sofa--flat on her back. She tried to reach out and grab his erection, her eyes on fire with desire.

With a small grunt he lifted her bottom up to his level, and plunged into her (gently and carefully) relishing every teeny tiny sensation along the way as pushed himself in as deep as he could possibly go.

Kate wrapped her legs around Gibbs' waist and tried to iniate a little more movement between the two of them before she completely lost her mind.

"Kate. You feel so good around me." Gibbs whispered into the darkness of the room.

Then he began, going slowly at first, but then rapidly picking up the pace driving into her with everything that he knew she wanted. "Oh, yeah." he moaned. And needed.

"Oh, Oh, Oh. God. Keep going. Keep going." she moaned out loud, grabbing onto the edges/sides of the sofa for further support.

He paused a couple of times throughout the process, and leaned forard to kiss her--on the lips, on the neck, top of her chest, and her nipples once more, before continuing onward.

Finally, after awhile, he had her up on all fours facing away from him. She grasped the end of the sofa firmly, with her hands, as Gibbs pounded into her from behind.

"Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh. OOOOOh, God Yes. Harder." she moaned out loud, once again, as she buried her face in the soft material/fabric/upholstery of the arm of the sofa.

"Kate." he groaned out her name in a low, husky, voice, as he put everything he had in himself and then some into the last few strokes--pushing them even closer to the finish line in the epic race that he and his beautiful wife were running together.

"Don't Stop." she cried out in sheer pleasure as he pumped into her hard and fast with everything he had.

"Uh. Oh. K-Kate." he groaned out once more, and then it happened.

"OOHHH. OOoh. oohhh." Kate moaned as she felt her climax approaching very rapidly.

"Aah." Gibbs groaned out, as he plunged into her with one hard, finishing stroke.

The two of them came together in a fiery explosion of fireworks and sheer ecstasy. He held on for dear life as he rode out his climax, and she did the same until finally they both collapsed forward--tired and spent from their late night's work.

"Oh Gibbs. That was the best." Kate said with a sigh, as she finally rested her weary head against the softness of the sofa.

Gibbs smiled in spite of himself--pleased, very much so, with his work in the end.

There was a throw blanket hanging over one side of the couch. Gibbs grabbed it and pulled over their bare bodies covering them both up so that they would not catch cold. "I love you Kate." Gibbs whispered into her ear. But she was already fast asleep, and soon he would be too.



Chapter Five (A New Day) ---

Kate awoke first, at first wishing she hadn't, but then shaking it off. The sleep that she had gotten the previous night had been wonderful (as had other things that had taken place at that time). She had slept like a baby.

She smiled when she realized that Gibbs was still fast asleep, and had to stifle a small chuckle for fear that she would wake her husband too soon.

As she surveyed the room--finally able to see the mess that they had made the night before--she had to stifle yet another chuckle/laugh. There were articles of clothing scattered all across the room--her bra and panties, his undies, and various other clothing items hanging off/over the different pieces of furniture around where they had fallen asleep. "We are so naughty." Kate whispered, with a tiny giggle. The giggle escaped rather unexpectedly, and she quickly clamped her hand over her mouth hoping that it hadn't been too loud of a sound/noise.

"That we are." Gibbs whispered.

"You're awake!?" Kate exclaimed in a hushed voice. "I didn't mean to-" she started to explain.

Gibbs chuckled. "That's alright." he whispered as he bent his head down for a kiss. "What time is it?" he asked afterwards.

"Dunno," she replied. "Can't seem to find my watch."

"Uh," Gibbs mumbled, as his eyes scanned the scene before him. "There. Under the coffee table." he pointed out to her, once his eyes landed upon it.

"Oh, there it is." she said, with a small chuckle. "Wonder how it got there?"

"Dunno." Gibbs replied, with a chuckle at seeing his wife's facial expression--apparently she wasn't all that amused at his 'stealing' of her words.

Kate rolled over onto her back as Gibbs propped himself up on his hands/elbows. "I'll get it later." she told him.

"What I do know, Mrs. Caitlin Gibbs, is that you are one naughty little girl." Gibbs said, as he lowered his head for another kiss.

"Naughty am I?" Kate said, arching her brow at her husband. "That mean you're gonna punish me?" she asked, with a devilish grin. She and Gibbs weren't usually like this, at least not at home anyway, but it was rather refreshing however.

"We'll I don't know that depends," Gibbs replied, with a devilish grin of his own.

"On what?" Kate asked curiously, as she accepted another kiss from her silver-haired lover.

"Hmm, well a lot of things actually." he said with a small chuckle as he kissed his wife once again--this time though the kiss was much more passionate than the previous two or three.

............To Be Continued in "Part Four"............