- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What happens when Drugies are after the team and they are forced to lay low for... maybe ever.
Kate was sitting in the same place that she had sat for the past three months at 1900, on two swings with one leg propped up on the second. The leg was finally out of its cast, but it still hurt. She had broken it in three different places. As she closed her eyes, she remembered the day that she had broken the leg and was taken away from her team.

~Flashback~

“Boss, the roof’s clear.” Tony informed Gibbs through the headset.

“Umm, Tony.” Mcgee said. Tony turned around and saw what he had missed. Behind him were three gang members, one being the boss. THey all had guns and it looked bad for Tony and Mcgee.

“Tony... Tony... You there?” Gibbs asked, but Tony didn’t answer. Gibbs and Zive were on the ground floor, Kate was on the second. She had heard Tony and Gibbs conversation and became worried. She raced to the roof to see Tony and Mcgee surrounded, and about to be shot by the drug boss. Before he had a chance to shoot, Kate pulled out her gun and shot him in the head. The other two drugies weren’t happy and truned around, both shooting. Kate ducked for cover, while Tony and Mcgee began to shoot at the. Kate heard one of the gang members cry out in pain, and assumed he was dead, but she also heard Mcgee and Tony cry out in pain, and hoped they weren’t dead. She decided to try to shoot the guy, but as she slowly stood up, she saw that he was right behind her. He kicked the gun out of her hand, and she kicked his gun out of his. Then they went at it, punching and kicking and pushing an shoving, unknowingly moveing closer twards the edge of the building. When they were close enough, he pushed Kate off the building and she screamed. Fortunately for her, the building was only 25 feet tall, so if she protected her head, she knew she would live. And she did just that, she protected her head as she hit the ground, but she did hear bones break, which was a sickening sound to hear. After she landed, she layed out on the ground, and tried to stay consious. After what felt like days, she heard people running twards her.

“Kate!” She heard Tony shout as he ran up to her. He carefully lifted her head, but even that small movement made her cry out in pain.

“Please don’t move me.” She begged, the pain growing unbareable. Then she noticed the blood running down his arm. “Tony what happened to you, and Mcgee?”

“We were shot, in my arm and in Mcgee’s leg. It’s not bad though, you’re worse.” Tony replied.

“Kate, try to move something, a finger, a toe, something.” Gibbs told her, but kate shook her head.

“I can’t Gibbs, it hurts.”

“I’m no doctor Kate, but I think you broke a lot of bones.” Tony told her.

“Well, no duh DiNozzo!” Kate replied a little angry.

“Boss, the ambulince is here..,” Mcgee said, and Kate fell unconsious, falling into the depth of her pain.

~End Flashback~

That was the last time she was with the team. When she became concious again, she was here, in the small town of Green Field in Oregon. She was sent away because, apparently, the gang in DC wanted her dead for killing their leader. She was living in a two story, white brick, house in the middle of the woods, and she wasn’t alone. Tony had been sent out with her to take care of her. Falling off the roof had broken her leg in three places, broken her arm, and twisted her ankle. She didn’t want to admit it, but she did apperciate Tony’s help, he was a really good caretaker, and knew how to cheer her up when she needed it. But everyday, every single day that she had been there for three months, she would be outside in the backyard at 1900, listening to her iPod and staring at a picture of the team. All of them were in it, Tony, Abby, Ducky, Mcgee, herself, even Gibbs and Ziva were in it. She missed them, all of them. She let one tear silently fall, and it landed on the picture. SHe brushed it off with her thumb, and sniffed as quietly as she could.

Suddenly, the swing was moving, and Tony was pushing her. “You okay Kate?” He asked.

“I miss them Tony.” Kate answered choking on tears.

“I do too, Kate, I do too.” Tony agreed.

“Well, you don’t have too for much longer.” A voice said, and it sounded vaguely fimailiar. They both looked up to see their team standing on the patio. They were all there, Abby, Ducky, Gibbs, Ziva, and Mcgee. Kate, happy to see her best friend, ran twards her and gave her the biggest hug she had ever given anyone.

“Nice to see you too Kate.” Abby choked out, “But can you let go of me, I can’t breathe.” Which was true, everyone could see her face turning blue.

“Sorry Abbs.” Kate apologized as she released Abby from her grip. “I just missed you.”

“We missed you too Kate.” Ducky told her speaking for everyone.

“And no one missed me?” Tony asked, feeling a little left out.

“Of course we missed you Tony.” Abby said, running over to give him a hug.

After many round of ‘nice to see you boss’ and ‘you look good kate, you feeling better’ they all went inside to have a team meeting, GIbbs apparently had something very important to tell them.