- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What will the team do for christmas?
“Gibbs, How are we going to celebrate Christmas?” Abby asked on the first day of Christmas break, December 22th.

“Oh, I have a few ideas.” Gibbs addmitted with a sly smile, “But first, I have a surprise.” He walked over to the front door. “Ta da!”

“Tony! Ziva!” Kate shouted as she ran over gave her friends a giant hug.

“I see sharing a room with Abby has rubbed off on you.” Tony joked as he returned her hug.

“Shut up Tony.” She replied with a giant smile plastered on her face.

“Gibbs, what are they doing here?” Abby asked, puzzled.

“Why, are you not happy to see us Abby?” Ziva accused.

“No, I’m always happy to see you guys.” Abby shouted wrapping Ziva in a giant hug. Ziva winced, they thought it was from the tightness of Abby’s hug, Kate and Tony knew it was for other reasons. “I was just wondering why your not celebrating with your ‘family’?”

“They went on a cruise.” Tony answered.

“Without you?” Mcgee asked, Ziva nodded.

“So, I decided that our ‘family’ should spend christmas together.” Gibbs clarified.

“Coolio!” Abby shouted.

“Now where’d you pick up that word Abbs?” Tony asked.

“From my friend Katie in Global Gormet.” Abby answered, “She makes up a lot of words.”

“Okay then.” Tony approved.

“Okay now, let’s get things organized.” Gibbs ordered, something a marine would do, “Ziva you’re gonna stay in Abby and Kate’s room. Tony, you’re with Mcgee.”

“Aww. I have to sleep with Mcgee.” Tony complained.

“Hey, it’s either him or me.” Gibbs retorted.

“I think I’ll stay with Probie, Boss.” Tony replied, recieving a slap from Gibbs. “Oh how I have missed my head slapps, Boss.” Kate and Abby snickered.

“Ha ha, now come on, go and get settled.” Gibbs ordered, and all of them raced upstairs. While Tony and Mcgee entered Mcgee’s room (first door on the left), Kate, Abby and Ziva entered The last room on the right (Kate and Abby’s room). Gibbs had allowed them to pick out all of their own things (bed, wall color, desk, ect.) so, the room was painted black and light purple. On one half had a coffin and a black metal desk with a black computer, while the other half had a purple canopy bed and a purple metal desk with a purple mini laptop on top. There was a sleeping bag set in the middle of the room, ment for Ziva.

“Here we are, home sweet home.” Abby said as she entered and sat down on her coffin.

“I would call this room a personality clash.” Ziva observed. “In a good way.”

“Thanks!” Abby and Kate both replied at the exact same time.

“So where should I put my stuff?”

“Over here Ziva.” Kate refered to a corner of the room next to her bed. “You’re going to take my bed while you’re here.”

“Kate, I can’t...”

“Please.” Kate cut her off, “I insist.” SHe gave Ziva a look that said ‘I know your in pain and I know why, you shouldn’t be sleeping on the floor’.

“Okay, if you’re sure.” Ziva replied.

“I am.”

The three girls sat around and talked for a while about nothing in particular. The talked for maybe a hour ad a half until Gibbs called them all down for dinner.

“Okay here’s the plan.” Gibbs started as they all finished eating a fantastic dinner of chicken prepared by Ducky. “Tomarrow we will all spend the day at the mall Christmas shopping...”

“But Gibbs, we have no money.” Abby pointed out.

“I was just getting to that Abbs.” Gibbs continued. “Since we are still NCIS agents/forensic scientist/ME, we still get paid.” He stood up, walked over to his desk, and pulled out 35 envelpoes. “These are yours, Ducky and I already have ours. You should each have five.” After they grabbed their pay checks they opened them. They figured that they each had about five hundred dollars apiece. “We’re leaving at 0900, if you’re not in the car by then, you’re out of luck.” By the time they had finished dinner (which included dinner, the talk with Gibbs, talk amoung them selves, dessert, and a lengthy story from Ducky) it was 2200 and the five “children” all went to bed. Most of them fell asleep quickly, but Kate, unable to sleep, stared at the wall until 0100 when she finally feel asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Kate! Kate! C’mon Kate! Wake up!” Abby shouted as she shook Kate trying to wake her.

“It’s not working Abbs.” Ziva observed.

“What’s going on?” Tony asked as he groggly walked into the room.

“Kate won’t wake up.” Abby complained.

“I can fix that.” Tony claimed proudly as he walked over and kneeled down next to Kate. Slowly, ever so slowly, he pulled back Kate’s covers and carefully picked her up. He carefully walked her over to the bathroom, layed her in the bathtub so her head was under the faucet, and turned on the water, the extremely cold icer water.

“Oh, my God!” Kate shouted as she sat up and jumped out of the tub. “TONY!”

“Hey, you needed to wake up.” Tony said in his defence.

“And you couldn’t just shake me like a normal person!” Kate was fuming.

“Abby already tried that, it didn’t work.” In the background, Kate could here Abby, Ziva and Mcgee snickering. “You gotta admit Kate, that was pretty funny.” Kate didn’t answer, she just went into her bedroom to change (one; because she had to before they went shopping and two; because her pajamas were now soaking wet).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On their way to the mall, Abby, Ziva, Tony, and Mcgee were having a heated discussion about something or another, while Kate was listening to her iPod.

“You stupid peice of crap!” Kate shouted at it.

“What are you shouting about Kate?” Gibbs asked.

“My iPod, like I said, it’s a stupid peice of crap.” Kate replied.

“I see.” Gibbs replied, and then went back to driving.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they reached the mall, the entered at the food court.

“Okay, we’ll meet here at 1900 for dinner. Until then you can all go off an do what ever, just keep your cells on.”

“Got it Gibbs.” They all replied in unision, and then took off. Kate, Abby, and Ziva stayed together and went off in one direction, while Mcgee and Tony went off in another.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Okay, so we’re going to have to split up eventually to shop for eachother.” Kate was saying.

“Ok. When we do split though, let’s meet back up at FYE.” Abby decided.

“Deal.” Kate and ZIva agreed.

“So, biggest problem, what do we get Gibbs?” Ziva asked.

“Oh, I have a few ideas. Follow me.” Kate ordered as she took the lead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“So, what you thinkin, Probie.” Tony asked as he browsed through a book shelf, Mcgee was on the opposite side of the asile.

“What do you mean Tony?” Mcgee asked confused.

“I know when you’re thinkin real hard ‘bout somthin McThinker, you get this look on your face like your tryin to solve the hardest math problen in the world.”

”Oh, I just don’t know what to get a few people for Christmas.”

“Oh, I see.” Tony replied, turning back to the bookself.

“So what you getting for Kate?” Mcgee asked.

“Oh, I have a really, really good idea.” Tony answered with a giant smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was 1930, the team had all met at the front of the mall, as planed, and had eaten Subway for dinner. On the drive home, Kate was so tired from her “rude awakening” that she had fallen asleep, against the window. *That can’t be all that comfortable* Tony thought as he watched Kate sleep. Finally, he decided to lay her down so her head was on his lap and she was laying across the seat (they were the only to sitting in the far back seat in the SUV so the arangment worked). When they got home, Tony decided to carry Kate to bed (he felt guilty about waking her up). He took off her shoes layed her down, and lightly kissed her temple. He walked to the door, turned off the lights, and while staring at her sleeping form whispered “Night Kate.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Christmas Eve, the team decided to have an old fashion Christmas Eve. They had had a tree for a few days now and decorated it. Then, everyone, including Gibbs (because Abby forced him too) decorated cookies. Then, as a DiNozzo tradition, they watched It’s A Wonderful Life while eating carmel corn. Finally, the night ended with all of them placing their presents under the tree, hanging their stockings, and going to bed, it was midnight, Christmas Day.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry, his one's pretty long.
Please send feedback.