- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Christmas Morning
“Wake up! It’s Christmas!” Abby shouted.

“Jezze Abby, did you have to wake us up so early?” Mcgee asked.

“Hey, I waited until 0700 didn’t I?” Abby asked, giggling a little. Then she ran downstairs.

“Merry Christmas all!” Ducky greeted cheerfully as he walked downstairs. The others were all sitting in the living room, presants sorted, stockings unhung.

“Where’s Gibbs?” Kate asked.

“Here.” He answered as he walked in. “Abbs, why we up so early?”

“Aw. Marine man can’t handle an early wake up call?” Abby asked in her cute little voice that couldn’t upset Gibbs. He gave her a small glare, but smiled a bit.

“So how we gonna open presants?” Mcgee asked.

“I say Gibbs goes first.” Ziva decided.

“Why me?” Gibbs asked.

“Because your present is the easiest to open. Come on, Boss.” Tony comanded. He led the group outside to the back yard.

“Tony, why is there a shed in the backyard?”

“Don’t worry Gibbs, we got a permit.” Mcgee informed him.

“Open it Jethro.” Ducky told him. He did.

“What the hell is my boat doing here!” He shouted, and then walked out of the shed.

“Well, we called Jenny, I mean, Director Shepard, and she was able to call in a few favors and bring it here.” Ziva explained.

“You like it?” Tony asked.

“We even bought extra wood!” Abby added.

“It was Kate’s idea Boss.” Mcgee told him.

Gibbs looked down at Kate. Kate started to feel really smal, like she was a mouse about to be eaten by a lion. “Please don’t kill me.” She begged.

Gibbs looked at her for a minute, and then started laughing. “Why would I kill you Kate. I love it.”

“Oh thank goodness.” Kate breathed a sigh of relief as Gibbs warpped her in an akward hug, thanking her.

They all filed back into the house, and before anypne opened any more presents, Ducky made hot chocolate to pass around. It was delisious.

“Hey Duck, why don’t you go next?” Gibbs suggested.

“Yeah Duck man goes next!” Abby decided for him.

“Well, alright.” Ducky agreed as he began to open the presents. He got a DVD of Greek mythology from Tony.

“I thought you might find it interesting.” Tony told him.

“Well, I have always loved the acient cultures. Thank you Anthony.”

From Abby, Ducky got an intersting skeleton that was dressed in clothes for an autopsy. He got a new hat from Kate, a new coat from Gibbs, a book about the middle ages from Ziva, and a gift card from Mcgee.

“Sorry Ducky, I couldn’t think of anything to get you.” He admitted.

“That’s quite alright Timothy.” Ducky reassured. “Now who’s next?”

“Me, me!” Abby beged, her hand raised so high it looked like her arm was about to pop out of it’s socket.

“Alright Abbs, calm down.” Tony said, resting a hand on the goths shoulder to stop her from bouncing.

“Yeah, my turn!” Abby shouted. She frist dumped out her stocking, which contianed a a computer game, Zombie Killer 2, a new braclet, and some black eyeliner and black lipstick. She opened Ducky’s present, a new hippo (since she had to leave bert at NCIS). “Bert Jounior!” Abby shouted. “Thanks Ducky!” She opened the rest of her gifts, a new shirt from Gibbs, an old gameboy color from Tony, a couple of games for he game boy from Mcgee, a pair of nunchucks fron Ziva, and a new dog collar from Kate. “Kate this is wickedly amazing.” The collar was black with silver studs and a metal ring in the middle. Attacked to the ring, in black outlined in silver, was a charm that said ‘Ally’.

“There’s more, look at the bottom of the box.” Kate told her. Abby looked and, sure enough, there was something in it. It was another charm, that looked exactly the same as the orther one, but this one said ‘Abby’.

“OMJ! Kate I love this!” Abby shouted, wrappin her friends in a giant hug.

Tony went next. The only thing anyone got him were DVD, all of a different viriety, but still DVDs. Fortunately, they were all DVDs Tony didn’t own, and Tony was extremely happy.

Ziva opened her gifts after Tony. Gibbs gave her a new knife, Ducky, a bebe gun. Tony and Kate had both gotten her a set of airsoft guns, while Abby and Mcgee both got her a set of paintball guns. “THese are, as Abby would put it, wickedly awesome. Thanks!” and for the first time in over a month, Ziva truely smiled.

Mcgee was forced, by Kate, to go before her, so he did. Ducky had gotten him a copy of his book (again, he wasn’t allowed to bring it with him, Mcgee really didn’t understand that), Abby had bought him an old typewriter, Ziva got him a new mystery novel, and Kate got the same thing as Ziva. Tony bought him a game similar to the game he played at home. “Now we have our elf lord back!” Tony explained proudly. Gibbs, got him a gift card.

Finally Kate went. She decided to open Gibbs gift first. It was a new sketch book and set of charcol pencils. Abby gave her a book full of water color paper and a set of water colors. From Ducky, she got a book of art history, it was one she had actually been wanting to read for a while. Ziva bought her a set of 120 of the best colored pencils, and Mcgee got her a program where she could scan her art into the computer. Finally, Kate’s eyes rested on Tony present. It was small, but heavy. She started opening it, wondering what the crap it could be, when she saw the lable on the end of it, apple. “Tony, you didn’t.” Kate stated, Tony just smiled.

“I did.”

“No way!” Kate shouted as she opened the rest of the present. Sure enough, it was a new iPod touch, 16 gigs. “Tony, you didn’t have to...” Kate started.

“Hey, you needed a good iPod.” Tony replied.

“Thanks.” Kate replied.

“Am I forgiven for the rude awakening?” Tony asked slyly.

“Oh, you are most definately forgiven.” Kate replied as she wrapped Tony in a giant hug.

The rest of the day was great, or as great as it could be. They had a great dinner, ham and cheesy potatoes prepared by Ducky and Ziva, and most of the day was occupied by play with their new presents. But, in the back of everyone’s mind, was the thought of Tony and Ziva having to go home tomorrow. After Dinner, all of the children were outside. Ziva, Mcgee, and Abby had gone off to shoot Ziva’s new bebe gun, while TOny and Kate were left sitting on the porch.

“Hey Tony.” Kate started.

“Yeah?”

“Could you give me one more Christmas present?”

“Depends on what it is.”

“I want you to help me climb that tree.”

“What?... Why?” This really caught Tony off gaurd.

“A; I want to climb it. B; I want to get over my fear of hieghts. Nw will you please help me?” She halfway begging.

“Ok.” Tony agreed.

“Great, let’s go.” Kate said, pulling on his arm, he didn’t move.

“I’m just gonna tell Gibbs where were going so he doesn’t freak out when he sees us gone.” Tony said. He walked over and opened the door. “Hey, Mr. Gibbs, Kat and I are gonna go into the woods.” He had to use the code names incase someone heard them.

“Rule twelve Trevor!” He shouted back.

“Got it!” Tony closed the door. “Let’s go!” and they both took off at a run tward their tree.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry, this one's pretty long too.
Please send feedback.