- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate finally tells Tony and Ziva's secret, and it may just save their lives.
That night, Kate layed in her bed, tossing and turning, unable to sleep. The weight of her secret was now to much for her to bear. And now, since Tony failed his last two finals... Before she knew it, tears were forming in her eyes and her feet were leading her downstairs and outside; to Gibbs shed.

"Hey Kate." Gibbs greeted in a somewhat cheerful tone. Then he saw her eyes, sparkling with suppressed tears. "What's wrong?" 

Before she had a chance to say a think,  her she ran over to him and was sobbing into his chest.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"You FAILED!" Mr. Weaver shouted for the seventh time that night. "You stupid..." *slap* "usless..." *slap* "ungrateful thing!" and with a good kick to the ribs, Tony was on the ground clutching his sides. "I knew we should have never agreed to take you in. We didn't need or want you. We only became foster parents for the tax deductions!"

"Why are you only hitting us!" Ziva shouted from the other side of the room. "We told someone, months ago. We should be dead!"

"Zoey!" Tony started.

"I do not care anymore, I am ready to die." 

"Is that so?" Mr. Weaver asked as he walked over to a cabinet and drew out of it a gun. "Then you'll be the first to go." He cocked it...
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Kate, what's going on?" Gibbs asked again, harsher than before.

"Tony… Ziva… danger… my… fault…" she answered between receding sobs. 

"Tell me what happened." Gibbs ordered.

Kate told him everything, the abusing, Ziva being out of school, the way Ziva looked in school that day, Tony failing… "And now, because Tony failed hs last two finals, I think he's gonna kill him, both of them."

Silently, Gibbs pulled out a badge and a gun. "Stay here."

"Gibbs, where are you going?" 

"I'm going to arrest two bastards who are hurting my agents." He answered.

"And how are you going to do that?" he called after him.

"I'm Oregon PD!" He called back…
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

Kate was by the front door of the Weavers' house. She couldn't stay at home, so she followed Gibbs against his orders.

"Then you'll be the first to go." She heard Mr. Weaver say, and the a gun cocked.

"Freeze. Oregon PD, hands in the air!" Gibbs shouted. She knew he was now in the basement and descended the stairs. Mr. Weaver held Tony in front of him, gun pointed at his head. Tony look terrible. Blood caked his face, turning a purtrid shade of crimson, his shirt was torn and his side was bruised. Ziva was on the complete opposite side if the room, tied to a chair, her shirt was torn worse than Tony's, and bite marks were evident. Kate gasped at the sight, no one heard it. Gibbs stood firm, his gun pointed at Mr. Weaver.

"Come any closer an the boy dies." Mr. Weaver threatened, his voice reassuring that he would. He tightened his grip on the gun.

"Let him go." Gibbs commanded.

"You have twenty seconds to leave. If you don't, they both die." He indicated to Ziva. "If you leave, you can have the girl." 

"Not good enough." Gibbs replied.

"Twenty… nineteen…" he stared counting down.

"No!" Kate shouted as she emerged from the stairs, she head straight for Mr. Weaver and attacked him. Although she was mostly biting, her attack was affective. She bit his wrist hard enough that he dropped the gun and Tony. Tony collapsed to the groun and crawled twards Gibbs. Kate continued to attack until Mr. Weaver fell o the ground. As he did, he grabbed his gun and shot Kate. The bullet hit her shoulder and she stumbled back so she was resting against a wall. As soon as Kate was out of the way, Gibbs took two shots, both hitting Mr. Weaver in the chest, killing him istantly.

"Kate!" Tony shouted running over to her. "You okay?" he asked as he sat down next to her (because by that point, Kate had slid down the wal so that she sat on the floor). Tony began putting pressure on the wound.

"Yeah, it's only a flesh wound." She answered, wincing and Tony put more pressure on it. 

Gibbs was on the other side of the room, untying Ziva. "You alright?" he asked as he took off his jacket and gave it to her. She nodded in answer, and agibbs led her over to where Tony and Kate were. "Kate, take 'em home, have Ducky look at 'em and you too." Gibbs ordered.

"NO!" came an unexpected, shrill cry front he stairs. It was Lilian Weaver. "You!" she pointed her finger at Tony. "You killed him, how could you!" she was about to run to her husband when Gibbs cuffed her and read her her rights. Gibbs gave his agents a look and they all left. 

Before they knew it, they were home, being fussed over by Ducky and being bombarded with questions from Mcgee and Abby (but mostly from Abby). Ducky led Ziva away to run a rape kit, which proved that she was fine. They all stayed in the living room talking until one by one they feel asleep.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$
Gibbs came home around 0300 to everyone asleep in the living room. Ducky in an arm chair, Abby and Ziva both curled up on opposite ends if the couch, and Mcgee on the floor. Tony and Kate were nowhere to be seen. It was then that he noticed that the screen door was open. When he looked out he saw Kate and Tony curled up in the grass asleep, and he just left them there. 
Chapter End Notes:
This chapters pretty long, sorry.

Please R&R