- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Why were Tony and Kate outside?
~ 3 hours earlier~

"Hey, Ducky, where's Kate?" Tony asked as he walked into the living room. Ducky had just finished looking everyone over. Ziva had fallen asleep on one end of the couch, Abby on the other, and Mcgee was sleeping on the floor. Kate was no where to be seen. 

"I think she went out side." Ducky answered mid yawn. Tony thanked him and then went outside, leaving the screen door open. Sure enoguh, Kate was sitting in the grass with her knees at her chest. Slowly, Tony approached her. "Kate, you ok?" 

"You said you'd be careful." was Kate's response.

"I know." 

"You almost died."

"I know."

"Why are you so calm?"

"I know I almost died to save a friend, I did the right thing."

"You almost died." Kate repeated, her voice barely a whisper.

"But I didn't." Tony answered. Kate turned her head away from him. "Kate, look at me." She wouldn't. Tony took her chin in his hand and turned her head twards him. After what seemed like forever, she finally met his gaze. "I'm alright, I'm here, I lived, I'm not leaving any time soon."

Kate lost it. She couldn't hold it back anymore. She let one fall, one little almost invisible one fall, and he saw it. With his thumb, he brushed it away, and that's truely when she lost it. She leaned into him, laying her head on his shoulder, she let her tears flow, and didn't try to stop them. Tony was schocked. He was seeing one of the strongest women he knew break down. He did the only thing he could think of doing. He held her as she cried, stroaking her hair and whispering reassureance. When she finished crying, she didn't move. Instead, she stayed where she was and told him one thing, "I don't know what I'd do without you Tony."

"Really?" shocked

"Yeah."

"Wow... All this time, I made Caitlin Todd fall for me."

"It's not that amazing Tony." Kate replied, lightly hitting his chest.

"Yeah it is. I fell for you so I thought there was no way you could fall for me."

Kate didn't respond to that, she just lighty kissed his cheek, and gave a content little sigh. 

"You tired?"

Again, Kate didn't answer, she just yawned.

"So am I." He replied, chuckling a little. He started to get up, but Kate just layed down where she was. 

"I'm satyin here." Kate said as she curled up.

"Fine." Tony agreed, as he layed down. As soon as he was comfortable, Kate rested her head on his shoulder, and fell asleep, and he soon followed.
Chapter End Notes:
In my opinion, this chapter is very sappy, but sometimes, some sappiness is needed.

Please R&R