- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs gives Kate some news, bad for her.
The next morning the team woke up and they were indeed younger. They loked like any normal 8th grader.

“Timmy,” Abby giggled, “you’re short.”

“Hey, I didn’t have my growth spurt until 10th grade.” Mcgee defended.

“Ziva, you’re hot!” Tony exclaimed, and was soon elbowed in the ribs.

“Kate, come here.” Gibbs called from the Kitchen.

“Yeah GIbbs?” Kate asked. Unlike her team matesand best friend, she looked exactly thesame, except she was smaller.

“You look the same.” Gibbs informed her.

“Yeah, so?” Kate asked.

“That’s a problem.”

“What do you mean Gibbs?” Kate asked, now really confused.

“Kate, the whole piont of this was to change how you looked so the drugies couldn’t recgognize you.” Gibbs explained. “
You look the same.”

“And the others look different?” Kate asked.

“Abby’s hair is lighter, Mcgee is shorter, Tony isn’t as mussled and his hair is longer, and Ziva looks, well more like a girl. You look exactly the same.” He informed her.

“And that means?” Kate asked.

“Kate, you need to dye your hair, or make it look different, or something.”

“Gibbs I can’t do that.” She persisted.

“Kate, you have to, you don’t have a choice.” Gibbs ordered.

“No, I won’t!” Kate shouted. SHe started to backaway from Gibbs.

“Kate...” He started as he reached out to put a hand on her shoulder.

“No!” Kate shouted and ran out of the house. SHe didn’t have to look to see where she was going, she already knew.

“Gibbs, where’d Kate go?” Abby asked.

“And what was she yelling about?” Mcgee added.

“I really don’t know.” Gibbs addmitted. “I told her that she was going to have to dye and cut her hair, and she freaked out.”

“Boss...” Tony tried to say something.

“Why would that cause her to act that way?” Ducky asked.

“Boss...” Tony tried again.

“Better question is where did she go?” Ziva asked.

“BOSS!” Tony shouted, getting everyone to shut up.

“What DiNozzo!” Gibbs asked.

“I know the answer to both of the questions.” Tony addmitted.

“Then explain.” Gibbs demanded.

“Well, While me and Kate were talking one night, we somehow got onto the converstion of family.” He began to explain. “When I asked about her mom, She told me she was dead and that, because she looked so much like her Dad, her hair was the only thing she had that she saw everyday that reminded her of her Mom. She told me that she would never change her hair for any reason.”

“Oh.” Abby said. “I should have known that.”

“Do you know where she is Tony?” Gibbs asked.

“Yeah, I do.” Tony told him, “Let me talk to her for a while Gibbs, then I’ll bring her back.”

“Okay Tony, go.” Gibbs commanded. Tony had barely put on his shoes before he was out the door, running in the direction kate had just went.