- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Stupid kids, mean words, and one stupid move.
They had all been in school for a couple of weeks now and they all enjoyed it. Nothing really bad had happened, there was one kid in their English class, Kyle, that made fun of them for being Foster kids on a regular basis, but that didn’t bug thm much.

They were in English one day, talking about literary terms when their teacher said something that really bugged Kate.

“Now ex- is a prefix that means before. Like exgirlfriend, or ex boyfriend, or exmarine...”
Her teacher continued on with her list of ex’s, but the exmarine comment really urked her. With out thinking, she said outloud, and a little too loudly,
“There’s no such thing as an exmarine.”

“I’m sorry, what was that Kat?” Of course her teacher had heard her. Kate had the dumb luck of getting the seat in the front row, so of course the teacher heard her.

“I said that there was no such thing as an exmarine.” She repeated, with more confidence then she thought she had.

“How would you know?” Kyle asked.

“Because my Father’s a marine. He may not be fighting, but he still has the spirit of a marine. He even told me he was still a marine at heart ‘Semper Fi’ was what he actually said, but still, same conceot.”

“Oh, you mean the man who got stuck with you because you have no real parents.” Kyle retorted.

“Now Kyle...” The techer started.

“Don’t talk to Kat that way!” Tony shouted from the back of the room as he walked over to Kyle.

“Oh yeah, who’s gonna stop me?” Kyle asked walking over to meet Tony, “Some other scrawny foster kid? You’re all worthless.”

“Hey!” At this point all of them had stood up and walked over to back Tony up.

“Don’t you dare talk to us that way!” Kate shouted stepping in front of Tony.

“Well how are you gonna stop me, bitch?” Kyle asked. Tony had finally had it and punched Kyle in the face. Kyle sunk to the ground, pinching his bleeding nose.

“That’s it! All of you, Principal’s office, NOW!” Their teacher commanded.

“Come on Kat.” Tony commanded, wrapping an arm around Kate’s shoulder. Kate had been imobilized since Kyle had called her a bitch. Tony lead her down to the office. Once they were seated in a chair, Tony asked, “You okay?”

“No,” Kate said. “I know I’ve been called a bitch before, but... It hurts when your younger.”

“I know.” Tony agreed.

“Trevor.” Their principal called from his office.

“Well, here we go.” Tony said as he stood up. “You’re gonna be fine.” He reassuered her. Kate nodded and watched as he dissapeared into the principal’s office.

“Damnit Tony, you shouldn’t have done that.” Ziva was whispering to herself. “You know what’s gonna happen now.”

“Zoey, what’s gonna happen?” Abby asked.

“Huh? Oh... nothing Al.” Ziva replied, a little too quickly, but they all le it go.

Fifteen minutes later, Tony eemerged from the principal’s office.

“Well?” Abby asked.

“I hope you’re not in too much trouble Trevor.” Kate told him.

“Well, first off, I’d would take any punishment that came with defending us. And second, I have three weeks detention, I can’t try out for any sports, and they called both of our parents.” Tony said, but ten smirked, “I think I broke that kid’s nose.”

“I hope you did Trevor.” Mcgee praised.

“He’ll know not too mess with us anymore.” Abby smiled.

“Sorry you can’t try ouyt for sports anymore.” Kate whispered.

“Hey, it’s okay...” Tony was going to say more but he was inturupted.

“Trevor, what the hell were you thinking!” a voice boomed. It made Tony and Ziva cringe, they never cringed at anything, other than Gibbs’ voice. “Attacking that poor boy. What is with you!” A man walked over to them and grabbed Tony’s wrist, tightly. “C’mon, were going home.”

“Come on Zoey.” A women said as she gripped Ziva’s shoulder and led her out.

“Hey, you guys okay?” Gibbs asked as he entered the office.

“Gibbs, did you just see...” Kate started.

“No I didn’t, now what happened?” He demanded.

“Well you see, it started with this kid making fun of us for being foster kids, then he called Kat a bitch, and it ended with Trevor punching the kid in the nose.” Abby answered.

“Oh, you okay Kate?” Gibbs turned to look at her.

“Yeah, just a bruised ego, but did you see...” Gibbs cut her off again.

“Come on, let’s go home.” Gibbs comanded as he led them out of the office. One thing was still bugging Kate though.

*What is that couple doing to Tony and Ziva?*
Chapter End Notes:
Feed back apperciated!