- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What is that couple doing to Tony and Ziva?
“Tony! What happened to your arm?” Kate asked when she saw the giant bruise on it.

“Um... What? Oh, my arm... You see..” He stammered.

“Tony that where your ‘Father’ grabbed you yesterday.” Kate concluded.

“Yeah, well I guess his grip was a little too tight. He diddn’t mean too, he’s a good man.” Kate could see he was lying, what he said was too rehersed, but she didn’t press the issue.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Yeah! I got an A!” Abby whispered to Kate in math. Thsy had just gotten their first test back.

“I got an A too.” Mcgee added.

“A-, stupid mistakes.” Kate admitted.

“I got a B-.” Ziva informed them, she looked worried.

“That’s good Zoey.” Kate reassured her, but still, she looked worried.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Hey guys!” Tony called from the lunch table. “How’d you do on the math test?”

“A.” Mcgee and Abby said at the same time.

“A-.” Kate informed him.

“How bout you Zoey?” Tony asked.

“B-.” Ziva answered, it was barely a whisper.

“Oh, well that’s good.” Tony reassured her, but his voice was laced with as much worry as Ziva’s.

“You two okay?” Mcgee asked.

“Yeah, fine.” Tony answered, plastering a lagre, but fake smile on his face. They continued their lunch in silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Zoey, let me help you.” Tony was whispering as Kate got on the bus.

“No, I can take care of this.” Ziva replied.

“Take care of what?” Kate asked as she sat down in the seat next to them.

“Zoey...” Tony started, but Ziva cut him off.

“Nothing Kat.”

“You sure.” Kate tried to push the issue.

“Yes.” Ziva replied, a little sharper then she had intended. “Sorry Kat, I didn’t mean...” Kate cut her off.

“Never apologize.” She stated, then repositioned herself so she stared out the window.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Kate!” Tony called as they started to walk home from the bus stop.

“Yeah Tony?” Kate asked as she turned around and walked back over to him. SHe could see small tears forming in his eyes.

“Come with me, please.” He begged.

“Okay.” Kate agreed, and Tony took off, sprintingtwards the woods. Kte kept up as best as she could. They finally stopped in front of the tree where Kate had gotten stuck and sat down.

“Tony, what’s...” But before Kate was able to finish, Tony was crying on her shoulder.