- Text Size +
It had been almost two hours since I called Ziva and she hadn't come down yet. I wonder what is keeping her. Maybe they caught a break on the case. Yup, I thought, that had to be it. So to keep myself busy I turned the volume up on stereo, and let Brain Matter's latest cd divert my attention. Forty five minutes later, the thumping rhythms still pumping out of the speakers filled my lab. Suddenly, I felt someone behind me. I reached for the remote and hit the volume down button. Turning around I spotted Ziva and Tony.

“Hi, guys.” Giving them a once over I could tell they had been out in the field. Tony's hair was a bit more messed up than usual and a few stray hairs had escaped Ziva's ponytail. Tony smiled that 1000 watt tony smile.

“Well, hi Abby.”He said. Suddenly he lifted his head and began sniffing the air. I chuckled and Ziva burst out laughing. He looked like a hunting dog. He started walking closer to me,still sniffing the air. “New perfume,Abs? 'Cuz I gotta say it's a little strong. I never took you for a flower-perfume....” he broke off as he spotted the vase sitting on my workstation.”.....person. Oh. Uh nice flowers, Abby. Is it your birthday already?” He looked at me. He was close enough for me to look up into his hazel eyes. Hmmm, I thought, He doesn't look like he is hiding anything. I glanced from him to Ziva. She was silently studying his back. Her eyes took on a softer note whenever she looked at him. I knew that there was more between them than either one would admit to themselves much less anyone else. Tim and I often talked about their oh-so-famous glances across the bullpen. McGee often said that he sometimes felt uncomfortable when they would sit there staring at one another. I glanced back at Tony.

“Nope, not yet. The end of the week.” He reached out to touch one of the flowers and before I knew it I slapped his hand. I was shocked at myself, but he was clearly more shocked. Pulling his hand back, he began rubbing it with the other hand. “Ow, Abby. Jeez.” I felt really bad.” oh, Tony. I'm sorry.” I smiled at him and gave him a quick hug. I could feel Ziva staring at my back. I let go of him quickly and turned toward her. Her eyes shifted quickly to the floor, but not before I caught the jealous glare in her brown eyes. Definitely something to talk to McGee about later. I mean, who else would I talk to about it. He was my best friend, plus he understood about my suspicions about Tony and Ziva. Just then a thought hit me, what if it was Tony giving me the gifts. What would I do? I tried to erase the thought immediately but it wouldn't quit nagging me. I walked over to her. Whispering I said,” Ziva, we need to talk...” I glanced in Tony's direction when I noticed he had moved closer,” privately” I finished louder. She nodded her head and we started to head out of my lab. Just then Tony's cell rang.

“DiNozzo,”

“Yeah,Boss”

“Be right there” He hung up and I silently thanked Gibbs. He definitely had ESP. I was convinced of it. “Well ladies,” Tony said walking toward us and placing an arm around each of our shoulders, giving us each a tight squeeze. “ I've gotta go. So you two can have your little talk right here. But I am intrigued. You two sharing secrets. Very interesting, yup, very interesting. I will get to the bottom of it.” He smiled and walked out the door and into the elevator, whistling the whole way. I watched until the doors closed then I turned to Ziva. Her eyes where still planted on the closed elevator doors. I waved my hand in front of her face, “Earth to Ziva. Are you there.?” She blinked twice and she was back. She turned her gaze to my work station and the flowers still sitting there. She walked to them.

“When did you receive these?” She asked, turning toward me. I came and stood next to her. Smiling, I said,”They where here this morning when I got here. I went and talked to Ducky and when I came into my lab they where here. Along with these.” I said as I went into the inner office and grabbing the bag I brought it to her. She placed it on the workstation and looked inside. She pulled out the box, opened it and glanced at the bottles. After a few minutes she closed the box up and replaced it in the bag and handed it back to me.


“You know,” She began “Who ever this is, has put a lot of thought into this. Have you considered the fact that the person is trying to tell you his feelings? To express the way he may feel for you. Or perhaps, there might even be clues to his identity.” I thought for a minute.

“See,” I said hugging her,” That is why I asked for your help. I hadn't even thought of that yet.”

“Umm, Abby” She said, slightly muffled. “Yeah”

“You are crushing me”

“Oh, Sorry Ziva.” I let her go. She straightened out her shirt and looked up at me, a glam in her eyes. “What do you have in mind for Jimmy.” I laughed. “ Well.... um... that depends. Do ya think Gibbs would let us use an interrogation room?” Ziva looked at me for a second, then when she realized I was being serious, she burst out laughing. She nodded and said, “ I do not think that will be a problem. Poor Jimmy has no idea what he is in for does he?” I shook mt head. “Well if he tells the truth it won't be a problem, will it?” We both started laughing.


In The Bullpen......

“Psssst......Psssst.....McGee” No response.

“Hey, McGee” Still nothing. Suddenly a white paper ball whizzed through the air and hit McGee on the head.

“Ow..” He said, rubbing his forehead. He looked over at Tony who was smiling. Happy to have gotten McGee's attention.

“What?” He whispered. Tony looked both ways and over towards Gibbs' desk, where the boss was currently sitting. Eyes downcast, busy with paperwork. When Tony thought the coast was clear, he wheeled over, closer to McGee. Tim's eyes moved between Tony and Gibbs'. Hoping not to get in trouble.

“Have you noticed anything....unusual about Ziva and Abby?” Tony asked. Both of Tim's eyebrows raised high on his forehead. His green eyes bright.

“Well Tony. That is a loaded question. Abby is unusual and Ziva well...Ziva is...hmmmm” he didn't know how to finish that sentence. So he just shook his head.

“Well, McOblivious, something is going on. I was heading down to get coffee when I ran across Ziva and she said she was going to Abby's lab. Well when she wouldn't tell me why I followed her. We get down there and the music is blaring....”

“Typical Abby” McGee interrupted. Tony Looked at him.

“Right but then she spins around and it just seemed like she was not happy to see me and let me tell you I have never come across a woman who was unhappy to see me” McGee rolled his eyes and chuckled and said,” yeah if you don't count your exs”

“Very funny, McJokster. But I am being serious. Then I noticed that Abby had some flowers by her computer and I went to go touch them and she slapped my hand.”McGee chuckled again. “She hit me, McGee. Sweet , Sweet Abby hit me. For no reason. Then Abby told Ziva that she needed to talk to her in private and they started to leave. That is when I got called up here. I'm telling you something is going on, McGee, and I am going to find out what.” McGee opened his mouth to speak but at the same time the elevator doors opened to reveal a laughing Abby and Ziva. They walked into the bullpen area, arms around one anthers' shoulders. Tony glanced at McGee and mouthed, “ see that is what I am talking about.” They came to stand in front of Gibbs' desk. After a minute, he looked up.

Glancing from one to the other he said,” Something I can do for you two?” They looked at each other and back at Gibbs. Abby spoke. “Just wondering if we could use the interrogation room for a little bit?”
Tony and McGee glanced at each other,shocked. Gibbs thought for a second before asking,” This have anything to do with what you talked to me about yesterday?” Abby simply nodded her head. He asked,”Who?” Ziva simply replied, “Jimmy.” Gibbs chuckled and nodded his head. “Yeah, but don't make a mess in there.” He smiled. Abby jumped up and down in front of Gibbs' desk. “thank you ,thank you, thank you, Gibbs. You are the greatest.” She and Ziva headed off up the stairs and Gibbs, started his work again. Tony and McGee sat there shocked. Finally McGee spoke,” Uhhh....Boss. What's going on?” Gibbs answered,”nothing.” Tony tried,” Well I think I'll just head up there and help them out.” As he went to get up Gibbs lifted his head, “Sit, Dinozzo” McGee and Tony shared a glance.
Tony leaned in and whispered,”See what I'm saying.” McGee was glancing from Tony, to Gibbs, toward the stairs and back As Tony pulled his chair back toward his desk they both heard Gibbs say under his breath,” Palmer is the one who is gonna need the help. Both Tony's and McGee's eyes shot to one another and over to Gibbs, who chuckled and shook his head. His eyes never leaving the papers in from of him.