- Text Size +
“Jethro, may I have a word with you?” Gibbs glanced up to see Ducky standing in front of his desk. He simply nodded. Ducky looked around, making sure they had some privacy. Both McGee and Tony where missing from their desks. Ducky pulled a chair over and sat next to Gibbs. “Where are the boys?” Gibbs looked around, for the first time noticing that they where both still gone. “Out in the field.” Ducky nodded his head.

“What can I do for ya,Duck?” Ducky exhaled slightly. He laced his finger together and placed them on his lap. “Well, to be honest Jethro, I am a bit concerned for Mr.Palmer. I sent him up here almost an hour ago and he has yet to return.” Gibbs chuckled. “He's with Abby and Ziva. They have him in interrogation.” Ducky looked shocked. “Well, whatever for?” Just then a thought dawned on him. “Does this have anything to do with what Abigail was talking to me about this morning?” Gibbs nodded his head. “Well, I suppose you know what I'm talking about?” Again Gibbs just nodded his head. “And I suppose you also know just who is presenting these gifts of admiration to our Abigail?” Gibbs smiled and chuckled. His blue eyes alight. “MmmHmm.”

“What I don't get is why she thinks it might be Mr.Palmer?” Ducky said. Gibbs shook his head. “Ya know Duck. I can't figure it out either. But Abby has a whole suspect list and has enlisted Ziva to help.” Ducky smiled and shook his head. Then a thought hit him. “What do you think Abigail will do once she does find out who it is?” Gibbs, who was taking a drink of his coffee,smiled. “Don't know Duck, but I don't feel sorry for him if she gets tired of the game before she figures it out. He should know what he's getting into.”

“Aww, yes. True Jethro, but what of your Rules. Number twelve in particular?” Gibbs nodded and shrugged his shoulders. “Well Duck, I trust them both and if it is love, which I know it is, all I can do is warn him not to hurt her.” Ducky nodded his head in agreement. He knew that Jethro had always treated Abby as if she where his daughter and he was glad to see that Jethro wouldn't be upset. But Ducky also knew that he also regarded him as a son.

“Yes,well be sure to send Mr. Palmer back to me when they are finished.” Gibbs nodded and said, “Will do, duck, will do.” They both glanced up the stairs, both wondering just how Jimmy was holding up.


Meanwhile in the Interrogation Room.......

Jimmy looked from Ziva to Abby and back. He exhaled loudly. “As I told you both. I don't know anything about and pin or brooch or anything else.” He wiped a bit of sweat from his forehead. A motion that didn't escape either Abby's nor Ziva's attention. Ziva glanced over at Abby, and Abby nodded her head. Ziva tapped her fingernails on the folder in front of her. Jimmy's eyes darted down to the tabletop and back up. Abby got up and started pacing around the room. His eyes followed her. Ziva cleared her throat. Jimmy's eyes fell to her once more. “Oh, yes,” she thought, “He was going to be easy.” She opened the folder to reveal several pictures. She glanced through them once,before picking one and closing the folder again. She placed the picture down in front of him. “Tell me what you know about these?” Her voice deadly calm. Abby paused over his left shoulder. He glanced down at the picture of the vase full of roses. Then he glanced back at Ziva and over his shoulder at Abby. He chuckled, Ziva narrowed her eyes and he knew instantly it was the wrong decision.

He cleared his throat nervously. “Well they are roses. Red roses. Umm, they are tipped in black. You know they actually use a food dye powder lightly moistened with vodka for the tips. There appears to be 24 of them, which is double the standard dozen. I think they are black ice in variety. I don't know what else to say.” Abby leaned in close to his ear, “now is not the time to be funny Jimmy.” He glanced over his shoulder at her once more, her eyes where narrowed. “I'm not....honest.” She stood back up and began to pace again. Ziva spoke,” So are you telling us that you did not send these to Abby?” He shook his head furiously. “I didn't.... I swear....I wouldn't.....I ….Uhhhhh....Ummmm” Abby placed a bottle of water next to his right elbow. He grabbed it. Quickly twisting off the cap and took a huge gulp. Drinking half the bottle in one drink.

Ziva caught Abby's eyes and nodded. She continued, “ I believe you Jimmy, I really do. But you see we think you might be hiding something or perhaps someone. Now you would tell us if you where, right?” He nodded furiously. “Yes, of course. I don't know anything, I swear. I'm not hiding anything and trust me if I knew who was doing this I would tell you.” Abby came around and sat back in the chair next to Ziva. Jimmy lifted his eyes and met her gaze. Suddenly she smiled. He exhaled. “Ok, Jimmy. You can go.” Jimmy exhaled again. Laying his head on the table. Ziva smiled at Abby. “We are sorry, but you understand that you where a suspect. No hard feelings?” Ziva said. Jimmy shook his head slowly. He got up from the table. Both Ziva and Abby wrapped their arms around him. He smiled and laughed a little. “No problem.” Abby opened the door and Jimmy walked out followed closely by Ziva and Abby.

Behind the glass Tony glanced over at McGee,whose eyes where wide. “Are you telling me nothing is going on,” Tony said. McGee turned his head and looked at Tony. “Ummm, well I guess all I can say is you where right.” Tony smiled a triumphant smile. “See, Probie. I knew you would come around. By the way, do you have any idea what they where talking about in there?” Shocked green eyes darted up and met inquisitive hazel ones. McGee held Tony's gaze for a second then glanced around the room again. His gaze ending up on the floor. He shook his head no. Looking up he asked,” Do you?” Tony chuckled, smacked McGee on the back of the shoulder and strode out of the room, tossing back, “Not a clue.”


NCIS Parking Lot 1900 hours.......

“Come on baby, come on. Turn over. PLEASE. Just start.”
I twisted the key again but all I got was a loud clicking sound but nothing else. “Darn it.” I swear sometimes I thought the hearse was too much trouble. But the moment the thought rolled through my head, I just knew I could never give it up. It was my baby. I rubbed the dashboard, encouraging it to turn over. But nothing. I stopped and could hear footsteps approaching. Echoing around the enclosed parking structure. I glanced at the side mirror, trying to see who it might be. All I could see was a pair of black shoes and dark dress slacks. I smiled, knowing instantly who it was. I leaped out of the hearse, slamming the drivers' door behind me.

“Timmy, am I glad to see you.” He glanced up and his face split into a wide smile. “Hey, Abs. Glad to see you too. What are ya doing out here?” I smiled. “Oh. I was going home. But the hearse won't start, again.” “Oh” was all he said. He thought for a minute than nodded towards his own car,which was parked a few spaces away from mine. “I can give you a ride if you want.” Without a second thought I answered, “Great. Just give me a minute.” I opened the drivers side door and grabbed my lunchbox and the white gift bag. Closing the door again, I said,” Thanks,Timmy.” He smiled at me again,”Not a problem, Abby. Anything for you.” He said the last part really low. I looked at him. An eyebrow shooting up. “What was that?” He looked at me, both of his eyebrows now up high on his forehead.


“ Ummm..... I said....Uhhhh.... anytime.” MmmHmm, I thought. He came around the passenger side of the silver Porsche and opened the door for me. “Always the gentleman.” was all I said. He waited until I had settled in the seat and buckled the seat belt,before closing the door and coming around to the drivers side. Getting in he started the car and in no time we where on our way. I turned slightly in my seat and studied him. His face still baby smooth, he was wearing his hair cut a little shorter these days. His choice in clothes had changed the most since we first met. Gone where the ill fitting brown blazers and slacks. In their place more tailored and well fitting clothes. In shades of charcoal,black, gray. I decided I liked it. I knew what was underneath it all and knew that deep down he was still the same shy, stammering, computer obsessed guy I first met. I felt my heart start to beat faster just thinking about six years ago, before he joined the team and a little after, when we dated. We had come so far since those days. We had built a strong friendship. I always knew that I could depend on him no matter what, and when Gibbs was mad or when Tony's teasing got too much he always came down to my lab to hide out. Lunches together where almost like clockwork. I had learned I could depend on him. When Gibbs retired a few years ago after his coma, it was him I turned to. He would come down and cheer me up. He even got me the photo form Gibbs file that I used as the wallpaper on my computer, until Gibbs returned. When Director Shepherd died, again it was McGee who was there. When Director Vance had split up the team, he vowed to come up and visit from Cyber Crimes. It turned out that we had lunch almost everyday together, during that time. And just recently when all of the stuff with Ziva being left in Israel and then when we got the news that she was dead , it was Tim who held me as I cried. I was shocked at where my mind was leading me. The whole team had always been important to me but I realized just how much I had come to depend on Tim over the years. It left me with a sense of calm and really a feeling of warmth.

He glanced over at me, “Are you okay Abby?You're really quiet.” I looked over at him again,
“ Uhh... not saying that you being quiet is weird or anything but..” I placed my finger on his lips to quiet him. “ I'm fine, Timmy. Just thinking. That's all.” He nodded and I smiled at him. He returned his attention back to the road . A smile breaking out across his face. Soon we where pulling into the driveway at my apartment. He parked and got out. Coming around he opened the door for me while I gathered all of my stuff. He closed the door behind me. He leaned in real close, and I thought for a second that he was going to kiss me, but instead he adjusted my cloak on my shoulders. I looked up at him and smiled. His grin widened and he said, “Ready?”
“Yup” He walked me all the way to my front door. Once there I unlocked the door and turned to face him. “Thanks again, Timmy.”

“Like I said anytime.” He turned to leave. Then he turned again, “Be ready in the morning. I'll come by and pick you up. 'Night Abs.” He chuckled and turned away. I called after him, “Night, Timmy”
I watched him leave before going into my apartment. Closing the door I leaned again it, my mind all jumbled up. Definitely an interesting day.