- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Lunch
"This is hard, Mr. Gibbson." Ziva said as they sat down at lunch.

"I know, Zoey, but you're doing great." He replied squeezing her shoulder lighty to comfort her.

"I'm going to have to testify when we go back in, right?" Kate asked as she continued to drink her coffee, black.

"Yeah, you ready?" Gibbs asked.

"As I'll ever be." She replied feeding the ham on her sandwich to JJ who barked in thanks.

"I'm sorry." Tony said.

"For what Trevor?" Kat replied.

"You know when of the first questions the prosicution is going to ask is, 'what did Trevor mean when he said, "I'll let Kat answer that"?'. I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that."

"It's okay, I'll just answer the question."

"Well, truthfully, I wish I could do more than just sit in the audience and watch." Ducky complained.

"I know you do, but I wish I could either sit with you and do nothing or accually be questioned or something." Abby whined.

"Consider yourself lucky that you don't have to testify, Ally." Mcgee said.

"You really should Al." Tony agreed.

"How much longer is this going to take?" Kelly asked. Everyone could see that she was getting board.

"Probably the rest of the day, Kells." Gibbs answered.

"Oh." Kelly replied and went back to eating.

"Kat, are you sure you're okay?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because you haven't eaten anything and you look as though you want to run." 

"Okay, I'm a little nervous, but who wouldn't be." Kate replied as she took a sip of her coffee.

"It's understandable, my dear, but we are all a little concerned about what will happen when you go onto the stand." Ducky said, "You haven't even told us what happened, and now you have to tell a bunch of strangers."

"I'll be fine." Kate reassured.

"Kat…" 

"I said I'll be fine, Trevor."

"Okay." Tony ended his line of questioning. "And hey, with JJ, nothing can go wrong, right?"

"Right." Kate repeated and JJ Barked at his name.

"Court will reconvene in  ten minutes." A bailif said and then walked back into the courtroom.


"I guess we should head in." Gibbs said as he sat up.

"Yes, we should." Ducky agreed and with that they rentered the courtroom.
Chapter End Notes:
Please R&R