- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The second part of the trail
"Okay, the prosicution may begin." Judge Harris said once everyone was settled.

"The prosicution calls Katherin to the stand." And with a small hand squeeze from Tony, Kate stood up and walked over to the stand, JJ at her heels.

"Katherin…"

"Please don't call me that." Kate interupted.

"Why?" 

"The Domviches called me that, I didn't like it."

"Well then, what would you like to be called?"

"Kat."

"Alright then, Kat, my first question is why is there a dog with you?"

"Objection, relevance?" Nichole asked.

"Curiosity of the jury, your honor." Harry answered.

"Sustained. Harry please continue." Harris said.

"Fine. Kat, you and your brother and sister are how old?"

"We turned 14 in August." Kate answered.

"I see, so you are the same age as Trevor and Zoey?"

"Yes." Kate answered wondering why he had to ask such an obvious question.

"Can you please explain your life with the Domviches?"

"They seemed nice enough. They didn't threaten us with abuse like the Weavers did, but they weren't the friendliest people either. They were nice enough until…" she trailed off.

"Until they blew you up?"

"Yes." Kate answered petting JJ's head.

"Can you please describe what happened?"

"It was the first day of school. I didn't want to get up. I was kind of depressed without the others."

"The others being?"

"Mr. Gibbson, Kelly, Zoey, Trevor, and Ducky." Kate answered.

"Who is Ducky?"

"Ducky is Mr. Gibbson's father. He doesn't like being called 'grandpa' or anything like that. So when we first met him, he told us to call him Ducky."

"I see. And when you said you were kind of depressed, is that what Trevor reffered to as 'it would kill us'?"

"Yes, I was almost to the point of suicide as it was." Kate answered truthfully and heard and audible gasp from Abby.

"But why would that kill all of you?"

"It would he a chain reaction. If I were to die, Trevor would probably be next, and so on and so forth."

"I see. Now, can you please continue to explain the bombing?"

"Yes. So as I had said, I didn't want to wake up. Ally and Tommy both got me up, and I began to walk downstairs to get breakfast. I saw the Domviches in the foyer below and said good morning." She stopped for a moment, stopping the tears that threatened her. She looked at JJ who licked her palm and continued, "Mr. Domvich shouted at me, you stupid girl, you must die. I called for Tommy, but the bomb went off. I woke up for a split second while on a gurney. I saw Tommy and Alice both scartched up and bleeding, and the house covered in blood and body parts. I don't remeber anything else until I woke up in the hospital with Trevor by my bedside."

"Why was Trevor by your side?"

"Everyone came to visit me, Trevor was just the one who was there when I woke up."

"I see. Now what is your life like."

"I'm still scarred by the bombing. I don't trust many people. I feel safe around these people, I'm recovering. Please, don't take me from them." Kate begged.

"Nothing further."

"Nichole, do you have any questions?" Judge Harris asked, hoping the answer was no.

"No, your honor."

"Kat you may step down." Kate did so quickly, JJ still following her.

"You did great, Kat." Tony whispered to her. She looked up at him and he saw her unshed tears. He took her and in his and squeezed it, the only thing he could do in the courtroom.

"At this time, the jury will convene and decide the verdict. Court will return in two hours. Dismissed."
Chapter End Notes:
Please R&R