- Text Size +
"Gibbs." Kate said as she stuck her head into his room. It had been three months since the trial. Since then, they had all gone back to normal school. They had ajusted well, and were happy. "May I come in?" 

"Yeah Kate." The one thing that had changed the most was Kate. Smiling and laughing, she had changed the most. Now she looked small, small and scared.

"Come here, sit." Gibbs said as he made room for her on the bed. She sat on the very edge of it until he half lifted her onto it, forcing her to sit next to him. "So, what's on your mind?" he asked.

"I was… I mean… have you heard anything from Director Shepard?"

"About?"

"About who tried to blow me up?" She asked, her voice shaking as she did.

"Hey," he said wrapping an arm around her shoulder, "I know this is hard, Kate, I do. But, Jenny hasn't called yet. If you want I'll call her tomorrow."

"Really, thanks Gibbs." Kate replied.

"Dont worry bout it, Kate. Now go on," he hugged her quickly, "get some sleep. Tomorrows the last day of finals, right?"

"Yeah, I should probably sleep. Night, Gibbs."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Director Shepard."

"Jen, it's Gibbs." Gibbs replied.

"Ah, Jethro, long time no see."

"Well yeah, Jen, you were the one who forces my team into hiding."

"Yes, now what can I do for you?"

"Have you figured out who tried to kill Kate yet?"

"As always, Jethro, you're timing is astounding. Agent Thoms's team just found the answer yesterday."

"And…" Gibbs said a little annoyed.

"And…"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kate." Gibbs called when he heard the agents come down the stairs before they left for their last day of school.

"Yeah Gibbs." Kate answered as she joined Gibbs in the living room, followed by Tony, Mcgee, Abby, and Ziva.

"I called the director today."

"Really, how's she doin' boss?" Tony asked.

"Fine Tony. Anyway, agent Thomas's team found out who tried to kill you."

"And…" Kate asked.

"And it wasn't the druggies."

"Then who was it?" Ziva asked.

"They, only the two of them, were extreme followers of our friend Ari. They were the only two. No one is coming after anybody."

"Yes!" Abby squealed.

"Yes, this is all great." Kate said smiling brilliantly, "But of we don't hurry were going to be late for school."

"Yes, go, see you when you get back..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Schools out for summer!" Abby began singing as she and the others started a long walk home form school (For the had decided to walk).

"Yes it is, Abby." Tony agreed cheerfully.

"3 months of summer, and we're together, I can't wait!" Kate exclaimed.

"Neither can I." Mcgee agreed as the began to cross the street. There was a red light and no cars were coming.

"Zoey look…" Abby started but it was two late, when Ziva had reached the middle of the road and was ahead of the others, a car sped out of nowhere. Ziva saw the driver but before she could say anything, the car ran her over and sped off.

"Zoey!" they called running over to her. Abby began to call 911 while Mcgee called Gibbs.

"My father, he has found me." Ziva choked out and everything turned dark.
Chapter End Notes:
Last section of ninth grade. Sorry this story was suckish, I needed a filler before tenth grade. Please r&r