- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What happened to Kate?
Abby was still crying, Mcgee was silent, and Tony was trying to comfort him both, but that one question was still nagging at him.

"Hey, Tommy," he started laying a soft hand on Mcgee's shoulder, "what happened to Kat."

"I… she… she was going to get breakfast. I… I heard her say goodmorning to our… our foster parents. They… they shouted at… at her saying th… that she was stu… stupid and that she… she ki… killed their leader. The bomb went o… off then. I… I was in my ro… room, Al… Alice was in hers. We… we weren't hit b… by the  ba… blast, Kat was." he studdered, obviously shaken up. "W… we ran out wh… when we th… thought it was clear, a… and it w… was. Th… there w… was blood and body p… parts everywhere. Kat… Kat was cov… covered in… in it. Sh… she was unconcious. I… I tried to g… get her to… to wake up b… but sh… she wouldn't." he was begining to cry now.

"Shhhh, it's okay Tommy, shhh." Tony reassured. At this point Gibbs came back. He looked at Tony. 

"Tommy told me what happened." Tony explained.

"I… I'll g… give a statement t… to B… Boss." Mcgee cut in.

"Okay Tommy, okay." Gibbs replied, and then he continued to adress Tony. "They're gonna come with us, Kat is under my custody too. We're going to go over to the hospital, Ducky'll meet us there." he recieved a nod from Tony, "Come one Al." he picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck, hiding her face in his shoulder. Her sobs had been reduced to silent tears and she felt better being in Gibbs' arms. 

They all loaded into Gibbs' car, Gibbs driving, and Tony, Mcgee, and Abby in the back. They drove to the Green Field hospital and rushed in.

"I'm looking for Katherin Simmins." Gibbs said as he stood at the counter.

"I'm sorry, you are?" the nurse working the desk asked.

"I am the man who has custody of her, now tell me where the hell she is!" he shouted.

"She's in surgury sir." the nurse replied, looking as though she was about to cry.

"Well tell me when she's out." Gibbs replied, stalking off to sit in a chair, Tony, Mcgee, and Abby followed. Soon after Ducky arrived with the others. 

"How's Kat Daddy?" Kelly asked as she went over to her Dad.

"I don't know, she's in surgury." Gibbs replied as he lifted her into his lap.

"I didn't think it would be that bad." Ducky said.

"Well it is." Ziva replied curtly. She didn't want her words to sound so poisinous, but she couldn't help it, it was how she delt with pain.

"She'll be okay though, right?" Kelly asked, looking for some reassurence. No one answered. "Daddy, tell me she'll be okay." Kelly tried again.

"I wish I could, Kells." Gibbs answered. "I really wish I could."

They stayed like that in the waiting room, silent and worried, for 2 hours. Finally, a doctor came out.

"Is this the family of Kathrin Simmins?"

"Yes it is." Gibbs replied standing up and setting Kelly down.

"I'm doctor Greg Herris, and Katherin is not in the best shape. She's fine, she resting now, but she did have a lot of injuries. Broken ribs, internal bleeding, and she was scratched up quite a bit. She'll have a few scares on her arms, she was able to protect her face from most of the damage, but other than that she'll heal stasfactory. You can see her now if you want, but she'll be asleep." the doctor offered.

"Please, what room is she in?" Tony asked.

"She's in room 309, but only two may go up at a time and only fir thirty minutes each." and with those instructions, the doctor left.

"Jethro, take Abigail up first, I think it would be good for her. Then I will go up with Timothy, and Tony and..."

"No, Ziva and Kelly will go before me, Ducky, I…" Tony trailed off.

"Okay then, Ziva and Kelly, and then you, Anthony."

"Sounds like a plan, come on Abbs." Gibbs said as he led her to room 309.    
Chapter End Notes:
Please R&R