- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
In room 309
GIBBS AND ABBY

"Hey Kat." Gibbs whispered as he sat down next to her. Abby sat on the other side of her.

"I'm sorry Kat, I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry." Abby said and continued to repeat.

"Why are you sorry, Al?"

"Because, I made her wake up, if I hadn't, she would have been in her room and she would have been fine and not unconcious in the hospital and…" Abby went on, her tears returning.

"This is not your fault Al." Gibbs reassured. "Those bastards were going to hurt her with that bomb anyway, you probably saved her from her death. If she hadn't come out, they probably would have gone into her room and set off the bomb there, then she would be dead. If anything, you save her Al."

"Thanks." Abby replied, and then fell silent, looking at her best friend…

DUCKY AND MCGEE

"Hello Katherin." Ducky said as he entered the room. "How good it is to see you my dear."

"Hey Kat." Mcgee said as he sat down, taking her hand.

"Thomas, would you like to say anything to Katherin?" Ducky asked.

"Okay, I will." Mcgee replied as he began to talk (no longer studdering for he had calmed down), "I know you're gonna be okay Kat, you always are, and this time will be no different. I wish you were awake though, and I wish this had never happened. I don't even know how they found you, we were so well hidden. But they did, and let's hope that it's only those two…

ZIVA AND KELLY

"Kat!" Kelly exclaimed as she ran into Kate's room.

"Shh, Kelly, she's asleep." Zive reminded.

"Oops, sorry Kat." Kelly now whispered as she went to go sit In  Ziva's lap. "Hey, Zoey, who did this to her?"

"Some very bad people Kelly." Ziva answered.

"Why?"

"I don't know." 

"Oh." Kelly fell silent for a moment. "Will Daddy catch the people who did this?"

"Of course he will, he always does." Ziva reassured. Then Kelly hoped out of her lap and walked over to Kate. 

"Don't worry, Kat, Daddy'll catch the bad people who did this to you, he always does." and she gave her a hug…

TONY

"Hey, Kat." Tony said as he entered her room. The doctor was right, she was in bad shape. Her face was red, but her arms were covered in peeling flesh and sratches. She looked… well there wasn't a word for what she looked like. If anything, she looked like she had been blown up. 

"I… I don't know what to say…" he hesitated, looking around to see if there was anyone there, "Kate. I missed you a lot, and I thought that when I saw you again you wouldn't be in a hospital. How did they find you? I… I…" he stopped, tears threatening him again.

"To… Tony?" a small voice.

"Kate?" Tony asked, shocked.

"Tony, they found us, how…"

"Shhh. Don't talk, you're safe." Tony said as he smoothed down her hair. "I'm gonna call a nurse in to check on you, okay."

"Tell her not to let the others come up." she begged.

"Okay." Tony agreed, surprised by he request. "I will."

As Tony had said, he called in a nurse, and told the nurse not to let the others come up and see Kate. The nurse agreed, but asked Tony to leave.

"No!" Kate half shouted when she heard this. "Let him stay, please." she begged.

After a long look, the nurse agreed. She finished checking Kate a half hour later and left them alone in the room, telling Tony to feed her ice chips every once in a while and to make sure she rests. After five minutes of silence, Kate said, "Gibbs in 3… 2… 1…" and at that moment, Tony's cell rang.

"Boss… I… it was Kate's decision… I… fine. He wants to talk to you."

"Fine, here." Kate said as she took the voice. Instantly, when she began to talk, her voice shook. "H… h… hi G… Gibbs. I kn… know but… O... Okay." and she hung up.

"What was with the studdering?" Tony asked.

"I… I don't know who to trust anymore." Kate replied.

"But…"

"I'm tired." Kate cut him off and settled down to sleep.

"Okay." Tony replied. He leaned down and kissed her head. "Night Kate."
Chapter End Notes:
As usually, I ask you please R&R