- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
First days are always the worst.
"Ready Kat?" Tony asked as they hopped off the bus and walked up the sidewalk to school.

"Not really." Kate answered truthfully.

"Don't worry. You have at least one of us in each of your classes, you'll never be left alone." Mcgee reassured as he walked up next to them. 

"But what will I say to people who ask what happened when they see our scars?" she asked fearfully. It was true poeple were going to ask that. Abby and Mcgee both had minor scars on their arms and Mcgee had a small one on his forehead. Kate had a ton, they completely conered her arms and there were some on her stomach and legs.

"Do not answer." Ziva advised. "It is none of there business and they do not need to know."

"And if they won't leave ya alone after that, you'll always have one or more of us to back ya up." Abby added smiling.

"Okay, let's go." Tony said as he opened the front door to start their 9th grade year.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Hello, Mr. Winfield, sorry we're late we had to get our scheduals." Tony appologized as he and Kate entered the art room.

"Yes yes very well um… Trevor and… oh Kat so wonderful to have you in my class once again, and for two hours too. Yes yes, come on sit down. Kat you are over there and Trevor you may sit…"

"Would you mind if I sat next to her?" Tony asked.

Mr. Winfield looked over at them and saw the fearn Kate's eyes. "Very well, you may sit next to her Trevor. Now, I already have two trays made up for you and we were just getting ready to make our sketch books so please go and grab your things and we can begin."
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Well, well look who's back." and nasty voice sneered as the team sat down for lunch. "I thought for sure after what happened you'd all be outta here for good."

"Shut up Kevin." Tony said.

"Wow, Zoey, you really recover fast.  I thought being raped scars a person for life. You seem to be unaffected by it."

"Back off, Kevin." It was Mcgee this time.

"And you three. Blown up. How sad." He turned to face Kate. "And you got hit by the worst of it. You look okay. There's not even a scar on your pretty little face." he reached out to caress her face. The second he touched it, Kate grabbed his arm, flipped him over her back, and he landed on the table with a thud. Before she punched him in the face, she looked at him, he looked small and scared, and she hesitated.

"Go ahead, bitch, hit me." Kevin egged on.

"Kat, back off, he's not worth it." Trevor advised. 

Kate stood over him just staring. Then, she brought her fist down and it connected with a sickening crack on the table. Craddling her hand, she backed off and went over to Tony. He looked at her hand.

"Damn Kat, looks like you broke some knuckles." Tony observes. He looked up at Kate who was on the verge of tears. "Come on." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and began leading her twards the office.

"Yeah, go on bitch, you couldn't hurt a fly." Kevin shouted. Ziva came over and stood in front of Kevin. "And what do you want, bitch?" And at that word Ziva punched his jaw.

"You will stop treating my family that way, bitch." Ziva threatened and then quickly ran to join Tony and Kate. Tony gave her an odd look. "It had to be done." Ziva answered. "You okay, Kat."

"Y… Ya. Th… thanks Zoey." 

"No problem. Now, we must get you to the office, and then Gibbs will probably make you come home so Ducky can fix you up." She smiled, and Kate smiled back.

"Hey, Zi, there's a teacher coming after you." Tony warned.

"Ah, let her. I did the right thing."

"Zoey, Kat, you both need to come to the office with me." It was their science teacher, Mrs. Milke. "Trevor, you can go back to lunch."

"No, I'm staying with Kat." Toy refused.

"Trevor, please…"

"Mrs. Milke, I am not going to leave Kat's side at the moment and if protecting her gets me in troble then so be it."

"Fine, Trevor, you may stay with Kat, but you will have to stay outside the principal's office when she sees him."
Chapter End Notes:
Please R&R