- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's the most wonderful time of the year
After the incident, most kids left the team alone. Kate went back to being almost silent, and her teachers were giving her special treatment. Kate knew all of the other students were talking about her behind her back, and it went to a point that Kate refused to go to school. After a week of this, Gibbs pulled all of the kids put of school and had Ducky home school them. They were all more comfortable at home and their grades rose imediately.

Kate's status improved almost istantly after being taken out of school. Surrounded by the only people she trusted, she relaxed, she talked more openly, and was almost always In a good mood.

Before they knew it, it was Christmas time again. They had their whole, big, shopping trip, and did the same thing for Christmas Eve. 

On Christmas Day they all awoke to a loud bark. All of the children got up and ran downstairs. "A dog!!!!!" Kelly yelled as she ran over to it. The large, black lab ran to meet her and jumped at her. She bent down and let it lick her face. "Daddy, you got us a dog?" She asked.

"Yes and no. This is my new partner, Mason." Gibbs explained.

"That's not a good name for this cute guy Gibbs." Abby complained.

"I agree." Ziva back her up.

"Then, you guys can rename him." Gibbs offered.

"I say Black Fang, Fang for short." Abby sugessted.

"No, Cuddles." Kelly argued.

"I don't think that is the best name for a police dog, my dear." Ducky observed. 

"Oh, I guess your right." Kelly agreed.

"How about Tov." Ziva offered.

"I say Killer." Tony.

While everyone was arguing, Kate sat on the couch and listened. Soon, the dog wondered over to her. He sat down and put his chin on her knee. She began to pet the dogs head, and he jumped up onto the couch. He sat right next to her and licked her face. She continued to pet him vigorously. "Your such a good dog aren't you." The dog nodded in agreement. "You know, they paired you up with a really great guy, you kind of remind me of him." The dog barked in agreement and Kate laughed. 

Everyone stopped and looked at her. Kate was smiling, Kate was laughing, Kate looked like the old Kate. It was nice. Her perfect smile shone brightly as the dog continued to lick Kate making her smile grew bigger and bigger. 

"Kate…" Tony started.

"JJ, his name should be JJ." Kate announced.

"Why JJ?" Kelly asked as any curious nine year old would.

"For Jethro Junior." Kate explained, "I don't know, it just sorta fits." She smiled as the dog barked, agreeing.

"I like it." Tony said.

"Me too." Abby said.

"So, JJ it is." Ziva finalized.

And so the new addition to the family was named.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

This Christmas went by the same as the last. They all opened their presents, layed around all day, and then ate a delicous meal prepared by Ziva and Ducky. Of all the presents they got, they all agreed that the dog was the best. 

The dog had also found its favorite person, Kate. JJ would sit obedintly at her side, and he made her smile all day. Kate fell in love with JJ imediately and found comfort in him.

At the end of the day, everyone went to bed, and JJ was no where to be seen. 

"Hey, Duck, have you seen JJ?" Gibbs asked as he looked for his new partner.

"If I had to guess, I would think he would be in young Caitlins room." Ducky said as he desended the basement stairs to go to bed (for you see, when the "triplets" came back they needed another room, so Ducky volenteered to sleep in the basement because he liked the cooler tempeture down there).

Sure enough, when Gibbs entered Kate and Abby's room to look for JJ he was asleep next to Kate in her bed, and Kate was using his neck as a pillow, a smile on her face. Gibbs smiled, tucked Kate in tighter, and left JJ there.
Chapter End Notes:
Please R&R