- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Time to meet a lawyer
The new year passed and all was well, until Gibbs recieved a phone call on the 5th of January the day the "kids" went back to school after break.

"Hello, Mr. Gibbson?"

"Yes." Gibbs replied.

"We have a date for your day in court."

"And that day would be..."

"Monday, Febuaray 2nd. Your judge is Judge Harris, and you are in court room 2 at 8 am. Do you have any questions?"

"Nope, thank you." and with that, Ginbs hung up.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Hey, team meeting in the livingroom." Gibbs called up the stairs. Imediately he heard all of the "children" run downstairs with JJ.

"Okay," Gibbs started as everyone sat down, "We have a court day. Monday, Febuaray 2nd at 8am in court 2. Now, a lawyer will come over either tomorrow or the day after to talk to us and work on our defense. Is that okay with everyone." They all nodded, but Kate timidly raised her hand.

"Yeah Kate?"

"Will I have to testify?" She asked. Een though she was getting better, she was still slightly afraid of people and didn't like talking in public. 

"I don't know Kate, but if you do had to, will you?" 

"Yeah, I guess." Kate agreed.

"Okay. Now go and do your homework." and they all left.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

The next day, a lawyer was there. She was a she with long blonde hair and glasses. She had a kind expression and seemed nice. "Hi she said as they came home from school, "Im Nichole, your lawyer. I'm here to talk about the corut day."

"You guys ready?" Gibbs asked.

A choirs of sures and why nots followed Gibbs question and they all went to the kitchen table and sat.

"Okay, so from what I can see, Mr. Gibbson, Kat, Trevor, and Zoet will most definately have to testify. Alice and Tommy may have to, but I highly doubt it." Nichole started.

"Wait, did you say Kat will most definately have to testify?" Mcgee asked.

"Yes I did, is that a problem?" Nichole replied.

"No, it's… it's fine." Kate answered.

"Okay then, so…" Nichole continued, but Kate blanked out. Unconsciously she pet JJ's head and thought to herself. 'I most definately have to testify? Well, I should have expected that since I was the one who was blown up, but still. Maybe they'll let me bring JJ up with me, that would be nice. I could act blind then maybe…

"Kat, you still with us?" Tony asked, startaling Kate and forcing her out of her thoughts.

"Oh… um… yeah, sorry." Kate replied.

"So," Nichole continued, "Trevor and Zoey, you're going to have to describe you're abuse is great detail, that includes the rape Zoey, and then describe what change after you lived here for a while. Is that okay?"

"Yeah."

"Sure."

"Okay, then Kat, you're going to have to explain the living situation with the Domviches. Then, the bombing day, what happened and all of that, and then how things changed when you came to live here."

"C… can I bring JJ?" Kat asked. The dog looked up at the mention of his name.

"I can ask the judge, but don't be surprised if he says no."

"Okay."

"So, is there any questions?" No one said anything. "Okay then, call me if you need any help with preparing for the trail, but otherwise see you on the second."
Chapter End Notes:
Please R&R