- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The teams meet and get to work, coming across a huge surprise!
Los Angeles, CA"NCIS OSP Headquarters

When they reached headquarters, most of the team was confused.
“Um, Boss?” Tony was puzzled. “You sure this is the right place?”
“The sign on the door says ‘condemned’, Gibbs,” Ziva added, as confused as Tony.
Abby laughed and led the way in.
As they entered the tech room, they heard Director Vance saying, “They should be there any minute. Ah, there they are. You’ve all been briefed on what’s going on. I believe introductions are in order. After that, get to work. I want this case solved as fast as possible. Hetty, Gibbs, you are equally sharing the authority on this case. We are one agency; you are one team on this one.”
The screen went blank.
“I’ll start, then. I am Henrietta Lange, the operations manager.”
Tony started laughing at the four-foot tall woman. “You’re in charge?”
Gibbs smacked his head.
“Thank you, Boss,” he muttered, ashamed.
“Yes, I am in charge. You may call me Hetty. Then we have Callen, Sam Hanna, Kensi Blye, Dominic Vaile, Eric Beal, and Nate Getz, our psychologist.”
“All right. I’m Leroy Jethro Gibbs, and this is"”
“Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo,” Tony interrupted, holding his hand out to Kensi.
Gibbs smacked him again, and amended, “This is soon-to-be-unemployed Special Agent DiNozzo.” Tony rubbed the back of his head. “This is Agent Timothy McGee, our probationary agent Ziva David, Dr. Mallard"”
“Please, Jethro,” Ducky interjected. To everyone else, he said, “Please call me Ducky.”
Gibbs opened his mouth to speak, but now it was Abby’s turn to beat him to it. “And you all know me!”

Gibbs and Hetty went to discuss the case in her office, and Ducky went down to get acquainted with the medical examiner.
Abby ran over to Eric and gave him a hug. “I missed you, Eric!”
Tony looked over at McGee, and then nudged Ziva. He was scowling at the two of them. Then his expression changed into one of surprise.
“Who’s reading Deep Six?” he asked, spotting a copy.
“We all have. You’re a pretty good writer, Mr. Gemcity,” Callen said.
Tim blushed, and Tony laughed. “They’re onto you, Probie!”
“Tony…” McGee didn’t like it when Tony picked on him on a regular day, but he was doing it here, of all places. He liked it better when he’d gone out to LA and it was just him and Gibbs. In fact, he would have preferred being alone with Eric over Tony’s teasing.
“Both of you, knock it off! We’ve got a case,” Gibbs ordered, smacking them both.
“On it, Boss!”
“Yes, Boss.”
“Okay, Eric. Hetty told me you’re good at debriefing, so get to it!”
“Um, okay,” he said, retrieving his handheld. Sam and Callen walked over to the touch screen. They brought up the pictures of the eight sailors. “These six were all killed last week, between Sunday and Saturday,” he said, pointing. “Then these two were both killed yesterday within two hours of each other.”
Gibbs broke in. “Eric, Dom, and Kensi, I want the three of you to look at phone records, credit card records, anything you can find that could link them to each other! McGee, I want you and Abby looking over the evidence we already have. The rest of us will go out to the crime scenes and take another look around. Got it?” Everyone nodded. “Good!”
Tony stole another glance at McGee. Just as he’d expected, he was grinning triumphantly from ear to ear. Ziva, however, wanted to see Eric’s reaction. He was glowering at McGee. Tony and Ziva elbowed each other to silently share their findings.
“Those of you going out into the field, I don’t know how long we’re going to be here, so we might as well make friends. Callen, I want you to take Tony to the first crime scene, and move your way forward. I’ll take Sam and Ziva to the last one and we’ll work our way back. If anything looks similar, make note of it,” Gibbs instructed.
Everyone stood there staring at him, waiting for more directions.
“Move it!”

Los Angeles, CA"One of the OSP Cars

In the car on the way to the crime scene, Tony was attempting to break the ice.
“So, do you think Gibbs was expecting trouble?” he joked.
“Why do you say that?” Callen asked, confused.
“Well, he took a very well trained ex-Mossad officer, as well as the most intimidating guy on your team.”
“Wow! She was Mossad?”
“Yeah, so be careful,” Tony warned. “Trust me on this one: she can really pack a punch.”
“I’ll keep that in mind. By the way, does Gibbs always hit you like that?”
“Yup. It keeps us focused. We’re less likely to goof off if we know a smack is coming. Well, everyone else is. It might be a good idea to warn your team. Now that we’re all united under him, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of you got smacked,” Tony said, thinking of the consequences that might be in store for McGee and Eric if they couldn’t control themselves.
“Thanks for the warning,” Callen said, thinking along the same lines as Tony. “Come on, we’re here.”

Los Angeles"Crime Scene #8

Meanwhile, Gibbs, Sam, and Ziva had arrived at their crime scene. As they entered the petty officer’s home, they were bombarded by pictures everywhere. Ziva took out her camera. Maybe the killer was in one of those photographs. When she reached a photo of the petty officer and her friends, she gasped.
“Gibbs!” she called. “I believe we have a problem!”
Gibbs and Sam came running, guns drawn. She shook her head at them and held the picture out to Gibbs. He took it and cursed.
“Do you two recognize someone in that picture?” Sam asked, confused.
Gibbs nodded. “Ziva, call Tony. Tell him and Callen to finish up there and go back to headquarters as fast as they can. We’ll do the same. He needs to know.”

Los Angeles"OSP lab

Abby and McGee were making little progress in the lab. They were basically waiting for the machines to process samples.
“Tim, what happened between you and Eric last time you were out here?” she blurted. “And don’t say nothing, because I can tell when you’re lying!”
“Abby, nothing did happen!” She crossed her arms. “I’m not lying! We just…didn’t get along.” He narrowed his eyes at her thoughtful expression. “Don’t try to fix it, Abby. It won’t work!”
“We’ll see,” she answered, turning to attend to a ping. She gasped. “Tim, look whose prints were found at the crime scene!”
He looked. The screen said “MATCH: JEANNE BENOIT.”
“I’ll call Gibbs,” he said.
Chapter End Notes:
This chapter is where it starts getting fun! if you haven't seen the 4th season of NCIS, dont worry, i'll clear everything up next chapter!