- Text Size +
I had gone with Jackson, to work at his store, the next day. I needed something to do or I would go mad. I didn't have any searches to do for my boss right now. I had started to do some work, helping out but Jackson wasn't allowing me to lift anything too heavy. I started to price some things, I was sat on a stool working on them. Then I heard the door open and Jackson speak.

"Hello, Leroy." I closed my eyes, but I continued to do with the job of pricing the objects. I had a list on the prices for the different things I was re-stocking. Jackson called out to me, he was stood at the front door.

"Son, I am going to go and get us some lunch. You watch the register for me?" I stood up and stretched. I had been sitting for two hours.

"Sure thing, Jackson." He patted Leroy on the back and headed out.

I sat back down and continued to price things, Jet came and he knelt next to me.

"I knew I'd forgotten one thing. You can track me with my truck's GPS." He leaned against the shelves

"I was an asshole, Shawn." I laughed softly and shook my head.

"No, that was a natural response to something that's different and to top it off, you're going to be a father again soon. You miss Kelly and this could bring back painful memories. So, no, it was a normal reaction." He looked at me as I continued. "I needed to get out of D.C. for a while. I thought I would come see your dad. I had kept in touch with emails and I wanted to visit mom. I was also making sure you got some time to figure out what you wanted." I stroked his cheek. "I want to keep the baby and raise it! You don't have to join me, if you don't want to, Jet."

He took my hand and began softly kissing my fingers.

"I told you, I love you and I want to be with you. I'm still getting myself used to the idea of being a father again, but I want to raise our child with you." I smirked.

"Go get another pricing gun and help me finish this, Jet." It was like the old times, working at his dads store together, as we priced things. That is what we did on breaks from school, to earn a little extra money to have fun with. We laughed as we remembered some of the stuff we did to piss his dad off and some of the trouble we got ourselves into. We worked together until it was all re-stocked.

When Jackson came in, he walked over to where we were talking at the counter.

"So, did you boys make up?" Jet looked at me, then at his father.

"So, I guess you know about Shawn's condition?"

"That I do, son. He was a bit put out that you responded the way you did, even if he understood why." I looked down some and Jackson smiled. "You two go on and get home. Shawn, you're looking tired." I was feeling a little worn out. Jet rested his hand on my back and started stroking it as we walked out.

We headed back to his dads place. Jet went upstairs to his room. He looked tired, probably he'd been worried about me since I didn't answer the cell yesterday. We both stripped down to our boxers. I slipped in and he followed. He laid on his side, as I was on my back, his fingers sliding over my stomach. As I fell asleep, I felt myself rolling to my side and Jet spooning up behind me, his hand placed protectively over my stomach.

I woke up and turned around to nuzzle into Jet's chest. He mumbled something as he slid his hands into my hair.

"Sleep good?" I nodded slightly.

"My stomach isn't feeling too hot." He slid his hands over my stomach.

"Where are your pills, Babe, and dad was always one to keep some ginger ale in the house." I told him where the pills were and he headed out to get them, along with a glass of ginger ale. When he returned I took the pill with some ginger ale. He had sat back down, and I was sitting between his legs leaning against his chest. He reached down and pulled the cover over me, as I was shivering.

"Ducky said that when you get to three months, you won't be getting nauseated." I nodded and just enjoyed it as he held me, stroking my neck and shoulders.

Jet watched as Shawn went back to sleep. He slid out from behind Shawn, pulled the covers over him and slid his jeans before he headed downstairs. Jackson smiled at him from the couch.

"Hello, son. Come, have a seat." Jet stretched and headed to sit down. Jackson went to the kitchen and came back out, handing Jet some coffee. He sat back down to drink his own.

"So, ready to be a father again?" Jet took a sip of his coffee.

"It is a bit scary, but Shawn makes me happy and I wouldn't mind having a small one in the house again. I am worried though, Ducky says there some risks, not ones to kill him but his blood pressure is already low." Jackson smiled at his son.

"Son, I am sure that everything will be fine. He needs support and I am sure that if he gets too sick, Ducky will be there as fast as he can, to help."

Jet looked at his dad before speaking.

"I was nervous when Shannon told me she was pregnant. Even overseas, I felt nervous and not sure what kind of father I would make." Jackson laughed kindly at him.

"When your mother told me she was pregnant with you, I was in the same state. I bet you anything that Shawn is too. Both of us have been parents, so we have some experience. What that poor boy's going through, along with the fact that he's got the child growing in him and his hormones and all the changes that are happening with his body." Jet nodded.

"Glad its not me!" They both laughed softly.