- Text Size +
We stayed the weekend with Jackson. We had a relaxing time, Jet and his father were getting along better and that was a good thing. When he had said that he was going into the Marines they had really hit a bad note. Well before that, he wasn't completely rebellious to Jackson, but they didn't get a long a lot of the time. I mean my story was not normal, it happened but Jet and his father not getting along too well, it wasn't healthy but it was what happened.

As we drove back to D.C. I pushed the back of the seat down some to just relax. My stomach was hurting because I had been throwing up most of the night and this the morning. Ducky asked Jet to get me back so that he could get the doctor he'd found to check me out.

Jet slid his fingers through my hair gently. "Shawn, try to get some rest, please. Ducky said that would be good."

I looked at him. "Jet, I don't think I can! Why don't you drive your normal speed and get us home quickly to the doctor. Maybe he can ease this and I can sleep at home."

He nodded and, amazingly, as I had fallen asleep I didn't notice that he was driving slower more normal speed.

When we got there, the doctor did some tests. She smiled as she did the ultrasound, letting us all hear the heartbeat. "Someone has a strong heart! And the baby seems to be okay."

I smiled widely, thanking God inside my head, that he was okay. I looked at Jet, he gave me a small smile in return. Then the doctor did some more checking with some blood test results. "Looks more like a normal blood test" she said.

I sat up and laughed, softly. "Well, that's what I thought I had about a week ago, and now I have it again."

The doctor smiled "Now, I am going to give you some light medication for your stomach because we need to keep food in you. It's bad for the baby if you don't eat."

I nodded some. "Amen to that. I'm tired of my stomach growling at me."

The doctor laughed and let me get dressed, Jet helped me.

I laughed quietly. "I can get dressed, I'm not that sick, Jet."

He kissed me softly and smirks. "I like helping you get dressed!"

I smirked and finished getting dressed. We headed out to the car with the new prescription that Jet said he would go and get, after he took me home to rest. The doctor had given me a shot so I had fallen asleep under the covers of our bed. I didn't know when he had got home. I walked downstairs to find him working on the boat, I walked over and sat down on a stool. I took a knife and started to carve into a spare piece of wood.

He was sanding the boat, to get it to a perfect smoothness. "You look like you still need some sleep, Shawn. You got pretty sick last night and wore yourself out."

I carved some more of the wood. "I think I'll ignore that comment. I have the stomach flu and I'm pregnant, but I don't want to sleep anymore. Second, I am a thirty eight year old man, I think I can take care of myself Jet."

I stood and headed upstairs, I needed something to eat. "I'll be in the kitchen." I headed to the kitchen. I looked for something to eat but I ended up just calling for some Chinese take-out. I got something for Jet too, he would be hungry later. Okay, so it spooked me that I was pregnant, and I didn't know how to handle that, but I have had the stomach flu before.

I started to do the dishes and I felt arms slide around my waist. I had stopped jumping when he did this, I just got it in my head to be ready for him at anytime, to pull me into his arms. He really loved holding me close. I rested against his chest.

"I know you can take care of yourself but I want to take care of you, some of the time."

I grunted something and shook my head and turned around to kiss him slowly.

"Still trying to prove to me that this thing called love is real? I also know you do this 'cause you care but I won't believe in love! It's just a word to make people have hope."

I turned around as I talked. I was stopped as he kissed me slowly.

"I will prove to you that there is something called love. I am going to teach you what your parents couldn't!" He touched my stomach. "You will love the child you carry and will raise it well."

I heard the door so I grabbed the cash and headed to pay for the food. I came back in and sat down. I pushed his food at him, grabbed my chopsticks and started to eat it slowly. I had to make sure I didn't rush my food. I didn't feel like talking, he was so damn hard on this love thing.

"I care about you deeply, and I will care about the child that I carry. Isn't that enough, damn it?"

He looked at me. He knew I was getting annoyed. I took another bite and closed my eyes. Why does he have to push this shit? Yes, hearing the words "I love you" is nice, but I don't believe it and I won't say them to him.

"Shawn, love is real! You never had it with your parents and I understand that. I mean all your old man ever did was beat the shit out of you and your mother. She just did what she could to avoid being hit herself, she didn't take time to let you know how she felt about you."

I stood up. I had got through half of my food and I wasn't hungry anymore. "You can say whatever the hell you want to about my father, but you have no right to talk about her like that. She was the best she could be. If I don't want to believe in love, that is my choice."

I put the rest of my food away and just headed upstairs. I was pissed, he had no right to talk about my mother like that. I grabbed my medication from the bathroom and headed to the guest bedroom. We had talked about making into the nursery. I slammed the door, got under the covers and laid on my side. He had no damn right!