- Text Size +
I am not sure if I was glad that he told me he was going. I mean he told me all the time he just ignores the guy if he didn't want to talk. He didn't answer the guy until he would eventually stop calling. But he had never had love in his relationships before and I knew that when he said it, he meant it. Maybe me almost dying on the operating table showed him what love was. I would give him time while I recovered to think things through. Then I was going to hunt him down.

Tony came in and sat down to give me a report of how the case was going. Then he looked at me.

"Hey, where's Shawn? I thought he'd be here, I stopped by to check on him."

I leaned back before answering. "He headed to New York City." I didn't want to say anything else on that really. But I knew Tony! They were close friends, he was going to say something!

Tony looked at me and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Damn, want me to go look for him, Boss? Try to get him to come back this weekend?" I looked at him gratefully and shook my head.

"Thanks Tony, but he needs some time to figure things out. He just realized something and he needs to figure what he is going to do about it."

I was in the hospital for two weeks during which time I got letter from Shawn letting me know that the doctor says the baby is doing fine and healthy. He says the baby's kicking a lot but that's fine and that he was staying with Mac Taylor right now. Two more weeks had passed after I was got home and finally I was able to move around with out getting worn out or in pain most of the time. Shawn would be about seven months along now. I had got a second letter yesterday, saying basically the same, that he went to see the doctor and the baby was fine. This time there was an added comment saying that he missed me.

I missed him too. When I finally got the all clear from the doctor, I told the Director that I would be gone for another week or two, there was something I had to deal with. She knew and was okay with that. Tony was doing a good job leading the team! I would give him a week or two more before I came back. I need to go see Shawn and see if we can fix this. Mostly since I wanted him near me, he was only two more months away from having his c-section.

Shawn's POV

I slid my hands through my hair. I had kept in touch with Tony to keep updated on Jet's condition. He was recovering quite well. He would be back to work in about two weeks. I was doing some work at the apartment I'd found. It suited me, you could rent by the month and there was no lease. It was not the best place but for now it would work. I had a fax and I had a phone. I did my work on my lap top. I had got a good internet connection, so I could continue with my work from D.C.

There was a knock on my door, it took me a little longer each time, to get up to go and answer it. It was Jet!

"Come on in." I moved walked back to the kitchen and across to the fridge. "I don't have any coffee to offer you."

He leaned against the counter as I grabbed some glasses and got some apple juice out.

"You going to come home?"

I handed him a glass of juice and got one for myself before putting the juice back in the fridge. I got my glass and went to sit on the couch. He joined me, and just sat looking at me until I finally answered him.

"I don't know!"

His hands slid under my shirt to stroke my stomach just as Connor gave his father a kick. He smirked.

"Then you won't mind me staying with you for two weeks, while you try to decide!"

I looked at him.

"Yeah, the couch pulls out into a bed. The place was furnished. We can buy some extra cushions for the bed, it will work." He stroked my stomach some more.

"I would rather sleep with you and Connor." I stood up when there was another knock on the door. Jet helped me up and I went to answer the door. I let Don in and he kissed my cheek.

"Hey, that appointment you wanted to make, I'll be here to get you." He came in with the Chinese and noticed Jet. "I didn't buy enough for another person, Shawn." I shook my head, I could see Jet just eyeing Don! I grabbed the phone.

"He can wait 30 minutes to get some food. Or he can have some of mine, I don't have much a appetite."

Don grabbed a bowl and put some of the food in it before handing it over to Jet.

"Yeah, well, the doctor says you're not eating enough, you're not the weight you need to be at seven months." He handed me my food and sat down in the recliner. He flicked on the game on the TV. I moved to were he was and shoved his head over to the side.

"The doctor says I am not at any risk. I'm sure as hell, not going to force myself to eat, when I am not hungry." Don rolled his eyes.

"Well, when Danny gets here, he going to annoy the hell out of you until you eat." I grunted and sat down, grabbing the food.

"Happy now?" I took a few bites before leaning back. I took another bite, it was good and I did have some appetite. Don smirked as he watched the game.

"Swimming with glee, smart-ass?"

Jet leaned back, just listening to this conversation, as Don spoke again. "You know, we need to get you a better place! This place just sucks." I shrugged offhandedly.

"When Connor is born he'll be going home with Jet." I nodded over at Jet. Don looked over at him.

"So this is the guy you ran from, 'cause you got scared? Man, we've really got to break you of this lack of commitment." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Hey, just 'cause we dated for two months. You didn't want a relationship either, you liked the physical aspect of the relationship." Jet looked at me.

"You're going to be helping me raise this kid. I am not doing it alone." Don looked over at Jet for a second, before going back to the screen. "The ex-Marine finally speaks!" I just shook my head and leaned back.

"I said maybe Jet, I never said yes I was moving back to D.C."

When Danny came with a large pizza I laughed. I knew there was enough for Jet. I introduced them and then we returned to the game, we watched it and nothing more was said. When the game was over they left and I let Jet into my bed. He held me, just like old times, kissing my shoulder. As we fell asleep it felt like I was back home, he was stroking my stomach until I fell asleep.