- Text Size +
We both went back to work. He had got me a pass so I could come up to the bull pen at NCIS whenever I wanted to. It had been about two weeks since we had both headed back to work. Living with Jet was calm and relaxing, even with my feelings for him, I felt safe for the first time in my life. I came up to the bull pen. I had a pack on as I walked over.

"Tony, grab me a seat, would you, please?" Tony nodded and grabbed a seat for me and sat me down at his desk. I handed him a bag. "Ziva and Tim, come here. I got you guys lunch, too." They looked slightly shocked at me as I handed them their food.

Tony had called Abby, who I had met a few times when she came over to see Gibbs. She hugged me tight. I had to smile, she was a sweet girl. I handed her the food I'd got for her and handed Gibbs his.

"Didn't have a way to bring drinks. Sorry, guys." I started to eat. I was starved and Jet put a bottle of soda down in front of me. I nodded to him as I ate. I laughed at some of the things that came out of Tony mouth! I really missed being the boy's partner. I pushed his head and looked at him. "Tony, there are times when I don't think you actually think about what comes out of your mouth!" He blushed slightly and took a bite. He knew I was right! The whole team was laughing now. I even saw Jet give a quick smirk, before it disappeared.

The second reason I showed up here at least twice a week, is that I didn't want to make Ducky come to our house after work! He had to take care of his mother, who wasn't doing too good. But, it seems that he's the only doctor that Jet trusts fully. So Duck has been looking at my knee. He had permission to talk to my doctor about things and was allowed to look at my file. I had made Jet my next of kin, just in case. It seems that's something me and Tony shared, but we were both cool with it. If you ever want someone to be able to make decisions for you, when you can't, Jet was your man. 'Cause he would do what was in his heart and what was right. Every time!

I was down in the morgue later, sitting on an autopsy table, with Ducky looking at my knee while telling me one of his wild stories. Well, what he thought was wild and most everyone else thought was boring. Before I left he smiled at me.

"Good to see Jethro have a good friend around, outside work. Your knee is coming along well. The pins in your knee seem to be helping, more then I thought they would. You should be fully walking without help in a month or two." I nodded to him and replied before I headed out.

"Thanks, Ducky!" He smiled as I left, and I headed back up to the bull pen.

Tony saw me come in first. I took the same chair that I had before when I ate my lunch. They were all there, the group had become friends. Tony looked at me.

"So, what did Duck Man say?" I stretched out, leaning back.

"That it's healing well and I should be walking in a month or two, basically." Tony nodded happily. "He says my knee should be good enough, after a while, that I'll be able to start working bounty cases but I still need to stay away from the violent ones!" Tony grunted at this.

"I don't think he knows you well enough. Chief would tell us to take it easy and when something went wrong, you were always the first one to go head on." I just laughed.

"Just 'cause I could move faster then you, Tony."

I said my goodbyes and headed out. I had to get back to work. My boss had to laugh when he found out I had a medical examiner looking at me knee because my best friend wanted it double-checked that my knee was healing properly, but he understood. Driving with my good leg, I just had to drive slower then normal which was annoying but I didn't want to make people drive me around when I was capable so I put up with it. I finished work and got home at the usual time. Gibbs and the team were working on cold cases, crime was low right now, which was good. Trouble is, when you're a detective or NCIS agent, if it's quiet you get bored off your ass.

The next month passed fast and I was back to walking on two legs unaided. The last three weeks had seen the number of crimes pick up and Gibbs and his team had been busy. Sometimes, they even ended up staying over the weekend to solve a case. I knew how that went and I understood.