- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A new director. Gibbs knows her better then he is leading on. Will that affect his and Kate’s relationship?
Gibbs was up in MTAC with Director Morrow.
“ I’ve been offered a position with Homeland Security” Director Morrow informed Gibbs.
“ So who’s the new director?” Gibbs asked. The Director smiled and looked at Gibbs.
“ Not me” Gibbs said with a laugh.
“ I’m not going to shoot NCIS in the head Jethro” he laughed.
“ Hello Jethro” he heard a familiar voice. He turned to see a tall red haired woman standing before him. Gibbs couldn’t believe his eyes.
“ Good luck” Director Morrow said to the both of the then left MTAC. Gibbs sat there starring at this women.
“ Your looking well” the women said with a smile.
“ You look great Jen” he said getting up so they were standing in front of each other.
“ That’s director Shepard to you Jethro” Jen said with the same smile on her face. Gibbs returned her smile and turned to walk out of MTAC, Jen followed.
“ How are you?” she asked him.
“ Great” he said still walking.
“ Have you re-married?” she asked out of the blue. Gibbs stopped and turned to look at her. They were standing at the top of the stairs.
“ Why the questions?” he asked.
“ Just a little catch up” she said innocently.
“ No” he said shaking his head. He knew she wouldn’t stop there. He leaned over the railing and looked out over room.
“ Are you seeing anyone?” she asked. She didn’t care how desperate she sounded. She hadn’t seen this man in 6 years and that’s along time.
Gibbs just nodded his head. Jen wasn’t surprised. Jethro was a good looking man and wouldn’t have any trouble attracting women.
“ Do you like her?” she asked. Gibbs didn’t answer her. He looked over at his team and saw Kate on the phone, a pen twirling in her fingers. He smiled to himself.
“ Yeah I do” he said not looking away from Kate. Jen followed Gibbs’ gaze. She saw the brunette sitting at her desk twirling a pen. She didn’t say anything.
“ So director, should we go meet the team” Gibbs said standing up and heading down the stairs, Jen not far behind him.
Kate hung up the phone just as Gibbs reached the bullpen. She gave him a smile, one that said ‘I missed you’. Her eyes then fell on the red head behind him. She was dressed proper, her hair done up and a pleasant smile stuck on her face. Tony couldn’t help himself.
“ Hi, I’m Tony DiNozzo. You are?” he said holding his hand out to her with a grin on his face.
“ Director Jenny Shepard” she said shaking his hand. Tony went silent. He looked over at Kate who was looking at Gibbs.
“ Director Morrow has taken up a position with Homeland Security” he said answering their questions.
“ Kate, Abby said she needed to see you it sounded kind of important” McGee said as he walked into the bullpen not paying attention to what was going on. He looked up to see a new face. He had a questioning look on his face.
“ Our new director Jenny Shepard” Kate told him. Kate walked out from behind her desk to stand in front of Gibbs and Jenny.
“ Kate Todd, nice to meet you. Now if you don’t mind I have some business to take care of” she said shaking Jenny’s hand and heading down to Abby’s lab.
“ Tim McGee, director” McGee said with a smile before taking a seat at his desk and typing furiously on his computer.
Gibbs turned to look at Jenny who had a smile on her face. She beckoned him to follow her back up to her office.
Gibbs shut the door behind him as he entered after Jenny. She down at her desk while Gibbs stood in front of her.
“ So you and Special Agent Todd” she said with a little laugh.
“ Is that a problem?” he asked not finding anything funny about his relationship with Kate.
“ Not at all. But don’t you think you’re a bit to old for her? She is what 30 something?” she said.
“ 33” he corrected.
“ I thought you would have learned your lesson about dating a colleague” she pointed out.
“ I wouldn’t class what we did as dating, Jen. What Kate and I have is serious and we are happy” he said then left her office slamming the door behind him.