- Text Size +
Kate was sitting at home waiting for Gibbs. She heard the door opened and got up and saw Gibbs enter. He didn’t look to happy.
“ Everything ok?” she asked him.
“ Yeah” was all he said as he walked past her and into the kitchen. She followed him.
“ So how do you know the new director?” she asked. He didn’t answer, just swallowed a mouthful of water.
“ Gibbs?” she asked.
“ We…she use to be my partner” he told her.
“ And now she is your boss. That must feel weird” Kate said.
“ Why would it feel weird?” he asked. He didn’t quiet hear her answer as he zoned out as pictures of Jenny and him in Paris entered his head.
“ Gibbs?” Kate said. He looked at her and she had a worried look on her face.
“ What?” he asked.
“ Are you sure your ok?” she asked again. He nodded.
“ I’m just going to take a shower” he told her.
Kate didn’t know what to think. He seemed fine at work, but now he was just not himself. She knew something was wrong and she was desperate to find out.
Kate waited for Gibbs in bed. He turned all the lights off, shut and locked the windows and doors before finally joining Kate in bed. Kate rolled over to face him.
“ Gibbs there is something bugging you and I want to know what it is” she said. Gibbs rubbed his face with his hands and sighed. He turned his head to face Kate.
“ Me and Jen were more then partners” he said. Kate looked at him waiting for him to continue, but he didn’t.
“ So you and her were together?” she asked.
“ Not officially” was all he said. Kate let it sink in a bit before speaking again.
“ So it was just sex?” she asked. He nodded his head.
“ Is that what this is?” she asked not even thinking about the question. Gibbs sat up and looked her in the eyes.
“ God no. How could you even say that. I love you Katie” he said to her. He leaned forward and kissed her. He wrapped her in his arms, not wanting to let go of her.
“ I love you to” she told him. He pulled away from her and smiled at her. He laid down and brought her down with her and she cuddled up against his chest.
“ The sex is good though, right?” she asked out of the blue. Gibbs laughed.
“ Katie, it is amazing” he said with a chuckle then gave her a kiss on the head before finally falling asleep.