- Text Size +
Kate sat at her desk typing away. She could fell Tony’s eyes looking up at her every now and then.
“ What is it DiNozzo?” she asked him not even looking at him.
“ Well?” was all he said looking at her with a cheesy grin.
“ Well what?” she finally looked at him.
“ Did Gibbs tell you?” he asked.
“ Tell me what Tony?” she asked getting annoyed with him.
“ Tell you how he knows Director Shepard” Tony finally concluded.
“ Yes” was all she and went back to her computer.
“ Are you going to tell me?” he asked.
“ No”.
“ Oh come on Kate, I need to know” he begged.
“ It is none if your business Tony, so just drop it ok” Kate said. Just then McGee walked in to the bullpen.
“ Probie, please tell Kate here that Gibbs’ relationship with the director is our business” Tony said looking at McGee.
“ Well, I think Gibbs’ business is Gibbs’ business. But if it affects our work then I feel we need to know” McGee said trying to satisfy both his co-workers. Tony looked back at Kate to see her reaction.
“ Your right McGee, when I feel that it will affect our work, I will tell you. But until then mind your own business” Kate said and sat back down at her desk.
Then just like perfect timing Gibbs entered the bullpen, the director right behind him. Kate looked up and saw the annoyed look on his face. She looked at Jenny, the obvious reason for Gibbs not being in a good mood.
“ Is everything ok?” she asked. Gibbs didn’t answer.
“ I was just reminding Agent Gibbs of NCIS protocol” Jenny told her. Kate looked over at Gibbs who was sitting at his desk trying not to look at her. Jenny left them with a smile on her face.