- Text Size +
“ Kate, Tony, you take the back” Gibbs orders.

“ Kate, take McGee”

“ Tony, you and Kate speak to the mother”

“ Kate, wait here for Ducky”. Gibbs’ orders all week involved her and the others, never did she get to spend anytime with him.
“ Why have you been punishing me all week?” Kate asked as they finally arrived home together for the first time all week.
“ I haven’t” Gibbs said a bit confused.
“ So why have I been stuck with McGee and Tony. This is the most time we have spent together all week, and I want to know why” Kate said.
“ NCIS protocol” he said softly. Kate didn’t say anything. She couldn’t without saying something she would regret in the morning. The best thing for her right now would be just to go to bed.
Kate was the first one in the bullpen that morning. Followed by Tony, McGee then Gibbs.
“ You left early” Gibbs said as he walked past her desk. She didn’t even look up at him.
“ Wanted to get a head start” she said robotically. He looked at the rest of the team who also had their heads down doing work. He had just sat down and turned his computer on when he noticed Kate get up from her desk and walk up the stairs and heading to the director’s office.
“ Come in” Jenny said hearing a knock on her door. She was hoping to see Gibbs, but was disappointed when she saw Kate enter.
“ And what can I do for you Agent Todd” she asked taking her glasses off and placing them on her desk.
“ I want to know why you don’t want me working with Jethro?” Kate asked her. She had so much anger built up she had to control it.
“ I have no problem with you and Agent Gibbs working together” Jenny started.
“ Then what is all this crap about NCIS protocol. I know your past with him and just because you have come back here doesn’t mean that you can just pick up where you left off” Kate started to yell at her.
“ Agent Todd, I don’t appreciate that tone and what you are trying to suggest” Jenny started to say.
“ I don’t appreciate what your trying to start with my partner” Kate butted in.
“ Agent Todd, the relationship between myself and Agent Gibbs is strictly professional. As of before, I reminded him to keep work and pleasure separately.
Kate I see the way he looks at you. He loves you. What we had, well it wasn’t quiet as serious. It was more fun the anything else” Jenny told her now with a smile as she sat back in her chair. Kate stood there, not knowing what to say or do. She felt like an idiot accusing her of trying to get Gibbs back.
“ Oh my god. I’m so sorry. I must sound like an idiot” Kate said apologetically.
“ Yes you did. Kate, someone like you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Gibbs would never leave you, especially not someone older then you” Jenny told her truthfully. Kate blushed a little.
“ Now go, be with your man” she told her with a smile. Kate nodded a thank you and left.
Kate made her way back down the stairs and headed to the bullpen with big smile on her face. She stopped in front of Gibbs’ desk.
“ Can we talk?” she asked him. He looked up at her.
“ Now?” he asked. She nodded. He stood up from behind his desk and followed her to the elevator. When the doors opened there were 2 people inside. They got in and waited for them to get out then Kate hit the emergency switch.
“ So what couldn’t wait ‘til we got home?” he asked first.
“ I just had a talk with Director Sheppard” she started. She saw Gibbs’ objection straight away but continued.
“ She told me I had nothing to worry about.” She told him.
“ And she is right” he told her stepping closer to her.
“ She also said that she can tell you love me” she finally said. She stepped closer to him so their bodies were touching and looked up into his eyes.
“ I love you Kate. So much and nothing or no one is going to change that” he told her. Kate smiled.
“ I love you so much” she said then leaned up and kissed him. They stood there just holding each other, enjoying the feeling of each other.