- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The s**t hits the fan.
TUESDAY--Part I

"Elevator! Now!" Gibbs said as soon as Ziva and Tim walked into the bullpen and put their things down.

Tim and Ziva entered the elevator followed closely by Gibbs. He waited for the doors to close and flipped the switch before he spoke.

Gibbs glared at both of them before he spoke. "This is the first, last, and only time I will tell you this. You are to RESPECT your senior field agent!"

Tim opened his mouth to respond, but after seeing the look on Gibbs' face, snapped it shut.

"THIS is not a forum for debate, Agent McGee. I do not care about your opinion. I do not want your opinion. You are to just SHUT UP and listen. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

Both agents nodded and Gibbs continued. "I don't care how STUPID you think Tony is!" Gibbs looked pointedly at Tim. "I don't care how annoying you think he is!" He glared at Ziva for that one. "You DON'T get TIRED of hearing his voice..."

Both Ziva and Tim sort of jumped. They had no idea Gibbs knew.

"...and you SURE AS HELL don't turn OFF the damned radio!" Gibbs was still seething, but stepped back for a moment, trying to get his anger under control.

"...a joke." Tim said, meekly.

"WHAT!" Gibbs demanded.

"It was a joke." Ziva said.

Gibbs nodded. 'A joke, huh." Gibbs fumed. "So you're not denying it happened. What Tony said was true?"

They both nodded.

"I've got to ask you then, is it still funny, McGee?"

McGee, wisely, didn't answer.

"I want you to imagine explaining to Abby that your little joke is the reason she's burying her best friend. Explain it to her while she's sobbing over Tony's casket" Gibbs paused. "Is it still funny?"

"How would you explain your little 'joke' to Ducky? To Palmer?" Gibbs continued. "Do you two STILL find it funny?"

Gibbs paused, waiting for an answer. "I ASKED you a question, Agent McGee, Agent David!"

"No, Sir." McGee said. Ziva shook her head.

"I want your desks cleaned out within the hour." Gibbs slipped the switch and the elevator resumed operation. "You're off my team! Go!"

Gibbs exited the elevator after a stunned Ziva and Tim did. They both went to their desks and then turned to Gibbs, still in shock.

Gibbs looked at his watch. "56 minutes left."

"Tony..." Ziva pleaded. "Tony, I'm...."

Tony shook his head. "You've had a week."

Tim looked at Tony and opened his mouth.

"I don't' give a damn what you have to say, Agent McGee." Tony paused. "I just hope your little 'joke,' your laugh at my expense was worth it."

"53 more minutes...." Gibbs said, looking at his watch. "Be sure you inform Vance of your 'free agent' status. Maybe he can find something for you."
Chapter End Notes:
I use captial letters a lot because Gibbs is yelling a whole lot. Sorry if it is a little annoying.