- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony, Gibbs, and Jackson wrap things up.
TUESDAY--Part II

Gibbs and Tony were sitting in Gibbs living room eating cowboy steaks and drinking beer when Tony's phone rang. He picked it up on the second ring.

"DiNozzo." He said giving his usual greeting.

"Hey, Kid." Jackson said.

"Hi, glad you called."

"I almost called you several times yesterday." Jackson confessed. "I decided to wait and give you a little time."

"I'm glad you did. Everything came to a head today."

Tony's comment made Gibbs turn and look at him.

"Leroy nailed their asses to the wall?" Jackson asked.

Tony laughed and smiled. "Yes, he did."

"So," Jackson paused. "...what happened to the other two, um...Ziva and Tim?"

"When the director heard what they did, he fired them both."

"I'm surprised. I got the impression that the man wasn't too fond of you." Jackson admitted.

"That's true, but apparently he IS a really big fan of teamwork."

"So, you're OK. I don't have to come up and check on the two of you?" Jackson asked.

"Only if you want to." Tony offered.

"Good, Tony. I am so glad things worked out. I want to get off here so I can call Leroy. Talk to you soon. Take care, Tony."

"Wait." Tony said. He handed the phone to Gibbs.

Gibbs took the phone and spoke into it.

"Hello, Son." Jackson replied.

"What are you two up to?" Gibbs asked, glancing at Tony as he talked to his father.

"I'm just looking out for my grandson. I had an interesting weekend."

"Yeah." Gibbs said. "I bet you did."

"Don't be too upset with Tony, Leroy. He...he was dealing with things the best way he could. He just needed someone to listen. Somebody who would not try and 'fix' things."

"I do tend to do that, don't I?"

"Yes, you do. You get it after your mother." Jackson replied. "Look, take care of Tony. He's a good kid."

Gibbs smiled. "Yes, he is."

"Goodbye, Son."

"Bye, Dad."


THE END