- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
my take of events in season 4.
Shalom-“ Kate it’s only been 4 months. He could still come back” Abby told her. Kate looked at all the monitors that had a picture of Gibbs on it. It had been 4 months but it still hurt.
“ Abby, no call, no letter. He’s not coming back” Kate stated. Abby jumped off her chair.
“ Speaking of coming back. Tony should be here soon” she said running out of her lab. Kate sat there.
“ Bye Abby” Kate waved. She turned her attention back to the picture of Gibbs and sighed. She left to go back to her own squad room.
“ A woman” the small Mexican woman said handing Gibbs the phone.
“ And she sounded upset” she added. Mike Franks gave a little chuckle. Gibbs turned and looked at the phone. His first thoughts were that it was Kate, finally got a hold of him but when he heard the voice on the other line, he was somewhat disappointed.
“ Ola, how’s Mexico?” Ziva asked.
“ I may be in a little bit of trouble” she finally told him the reason for her call.
“ Define little?” he asked.
“ I am currently on the run from the FBI, NCIS, Mossad and my father” she told him.
“ Geeze what you do?” he asked, now really concerned.
“ I was hoping maybe…save me” she told him. He hung up. She needed his help, but he wasn’t sure if he could give it. He wanted to, but what would be the consequences of him returning.
Ziva paced around Gibbs’ basement hoping he would show up. He was her last lifeline. Gibbs walked up the path to his house. He opened the unlocked door and entered. The house seemed different to when he last left it. As he made his way through the house he noticed that some things had accumulated dust, of which Kate would never let happen. He made his way to the basement. He stood at the top of the stairs and looked down. There was a big sheet covering his boat and Ziva pacing. Ziva stopped and turned towards the stairs. She saw the confused look on his face as he slowly made his way down the stairs.
“ She moved out after a month. She said she couldn’t stay in such a big house by herself” Ziva told him. He nodded.
“ Why after a month?” he asked.
“ She believed you would come back. But now I think she has given up” she told him. Gibbs didn’t say anything. He couldn’t say anything.
Kate was heading to the Director’s office when she ran into Tony.
“ Sorry Tony” she said with a soft smile.
“ My fault” he said.
“ How’s the team?” she asked. She saw a change in his face.
“ I heard about Ziva and I don’t believe it for a second” she told him. He nodded.
“ Neither do I” he said. She studied his face closely.
“ You know something” she stated. He forgot how about how good she was at reading him.
“ I don’t want you getting involved Kate” he said. She nodded he understanding.
“ Well, if you need more help you know where to find me” she said as she continued on to the director’s office. He just nodded. Keeping a secret from Kate was going to be hard. Keeping Gibbs away from NCIS was going to be harder. One way or another she was going to find out he was back and when she does, it won’t be pretty.
Kate sat at her desk typing away. Since Gibbs had left she would stay at work for as long as possible. She didn’t like being home alone. Agent Balboa walked into the squad room and stood in front of her desk.
“ Agent Todd, there is someone I think you might want to see downstairs” he told her. She looked up at him and could see the smile in his eyes. She immediately shot out from her desk and ran to the elevator.
Gibbs and Tony made their way to the elevator, heading for Ziva, who was not going to wait around. The doors opened and there stood Kate. Gibbs couldn’t take his eyes off her. Tony looked from one to the other.
“ I’ll go get McGee” Tony said and left them alone. Gibbs stepped into the elevator and when the doors closed he pushed the emergency button, just like old times. They starred at each other in silence. Gibbs was in a hurry so he had to sort this out quickly.
“ Kate..” he started.
“ Why did you leave?” she asked, he arms crossed over her chest.
“ I had no choice” he stated.
“ Bullshit. You quit, doesn’t mean you had to leave me” she told him. He let out a sigh and stepped closer to her.
“ I needed to get away. Losing 15 years of your life confuses you a little bit” he told her. She shook her head.
“ You told me you remembered you love me. Then you leave me. What am I supposed to think” she almost yells at him.
“ Katie, I’m” he says as he touches her arm but she pulls away.
“ Don’t. I waited for you for a whole month. No calls, no letters, not even an email. I didn’t even know if you were still alive. Now you’re here because Ziva is in trouble. If it had been me, would you have come back?” she asked, the hurt clearly showing on her face. He stepped closer and kissed her. She melted into him, but her emotions got the best of her and she pulled back, slapped him across the face and pushed the emergency button, making the doors open and she ran for the bathroom. Gibbs still in the elevator, surprised at her actions. He really was a bastard.
Escaped-Once again Gibbs’ retirement is interrupted this time by FBI Agent Fornell. He doesn’t refuse to help him as Gibbs and Fornell were the ones who put ex-petty officer Derek Polson behind bars. And now that he has escaped, Gibbs can’t stay away. Director Jenny Shepard refuses him temporary reinstatement. She has to play by the rules, even if it is Gibbs.
Tony, Ziva and McGee are confused as to why Gibbs is back. Even suggested that he forgot that he quite. Another realisation crosses his mind.
“ Nobody tells Kate about this ok” Tony says in a hushed voice. They both nod.
“ That’s going to be kinda hard though. She works in the same building, someone is bound to let it slip that he is back” McGee pointed out.
“ Right. Well I’ll warn agent Balboa” Tony said grabbing his phone.
Gibbs sat in the corner of his almost empty basement. Director Shepard standing in front of him.
“ You don’t want me back Jen” he said softy.
“ No I don’t” she replied with a small shake of the head.
“ Worried you won’t be able to handle me, Di-rec-tor”.
“ No Jethro. I’m afraid you won’t be able to handle yourself” she told him. She explains to him why.
“ When you’re as good at something as you are. When you can make a difference like you can, you just don’t quite”. He doesn’t answer. Her words really sinking in. She turns and leaves him to think about everything.
Kate finishes getting dressed after a long hot shower. She hears an urgent knock at her door. She makes her way to the door. She opens it and is shocked to see Gibbs standing there. He looks better than what he did last time she saw him. He is in his usually clothes and has had a shave, except for the little bit on his top lip.
“ What are you doing here?” she asks.
“ I come to see you” he states and pushes past her to get inside. She closes the door and turns to face him.
“ Have you finally come to say goodbye?” she asks, crossing her arms over her chest. He shakes his head.
“ Quite the opposite actually” he says.
“ I’m listening” she says waiting for him to continue. He rang a hand through his long hair. She really did like his hair like this, not the marine cut that it used to be.
“ I’ve decided to come back” Kate nodded.
“ Leaving was not the best idea, although it felt like it at the time” he continued. Kate knew he was never good at apologies and this was probably the best she was going to get.
“ So you have come to apologise for being a bastard” she stated. He didn’t say anything. She looked into his eyes. She saw the sorry, the hurt and his need for forgiveness in them. She loved those blue eyes and she loved him. Now that he was back all she wanted was him, back in her arms. She uncrossed her arms and let out a sigh.
“ Can you promise me, and I mean cross you heart hope to die promise, that you will NEVER do anything like that again” she said. A smile came over his face and he nodded. He moved towards her. He looked down into her big brown eyes.
“ I promise you that I am not going anywhere” he told her in a soft voice. A smile spread across her face.
“ If you don’t keep your promise I get to shoot you, deal?” she said. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her.
“ Deal” he whispered as he brought her in for a kiss.
The next morning Kate walked into the squad room.
“ Sorry I’m late. I couldn’t get out of bed” she said with a smile as she remembered the reason why. Agent Balboa looked up at her then at the time.
“ Kate, it’s 08:00. Your still an hour early” he pointed out. She let out a sigh.
“ Oh, right. Well I’m late for me anyway” she said with a smile.
“ I take it you know he is back” Balboa said. There was only one reason she could be this happy and that was Gibbs. She nodded.
McGee, Tony and Ziva make their way to the squad room. They stop as they see Tony’s things piled on top of McGee’s desk (his old one), McGee’s things on Michelle’s desk (his old one), Michelle holding her things and a well-dressed and shaving Gibbs sitting at his old desk.
“ What?” Gibbs asks the three faces that stare at him.
Singled Out-“ If Gibbs asks tell him I went out for coffee” Tony said as he left the squad room after McGee’ comment.
“ Tony I didn’t” McGee tried but Tony kept walking. Tony stepped into the elevator, which was already occupied by Kate. She smiled.
“ Going home?” he asks.
“ Yep. You?” she asks.
“ Nah. Looking for this guy” Tony showed Kate the photo.
“ Oh. So I guess I shouldn’t expect Jethro home tonight” she said. Tony looked at her.
“ Wait, so you two are back on? He just comes home and everything is alright again” he says sounding a little snippy.
“ What? No. Of course not everything is alright, but I love him and if he needed to go to Mexico to sort himself out than that’s what he needed to do” Kate explained. It was definitely not like that. She hadn’t even moved back in fully. After her little angry outburst when he first came back, she wanted to make up with him. After all she was still in love with him, and that wasn’t going to change any time soon.
“ Fine, whatever you say” he replies. Kate turns to look at him.
“ Tony what’s wrong?” she asked but he didn’t answer.
“ You didn’t want him to come back, is that it?” she pushed. He hit the emergency button.
“ He is not ready to be back at work. He called Ziva you the other day. He isn’t 100%” he tried to explain.
“ So you think you should still be team leader?” she questioned. He shook his head.
“ No, if I wanted my own team I could have it” he blurted out.
“ What? You have been offered your own team?” she asks. He sighs.
“ Yeah. The director told me of the offer this morning” he said in a low voice.
“ Are you going to take it?”.
“ I don’t know. Like I said, Gibbs still isn’t 100%” he said then hit the emergency button. Kate took that as a sign that the conversation was over. She turned back to look at the doors. When they opened Kate stepped out not taking any notice of the three people, one on whom was Justin Ferris. Tony couldn’t believe his luck.
“ You’ve done it again DiNozzo” he says happily to himself.
“ Todd” Kate answered her phone.
“You are not going to believe this” Abby said excitedly.
“ What’s going on Abs?” Kate asked as she sat back in her chair.
“ Ziva is going under cover as a geek at a speed dating event” she tried to hide her amusement.
“ Are you kidding. Wow. At least you guys are doing something. I’ve been stuck doing paper work for the past two days” Kate complained.
“ Sucks to be you. Oh I do have a favour to ask you” Abby said.
“ Ok” .
“ Could you get Gibbs to shave off his moustache?” Abby asked. Kate laughed.
“ Why? Don’t you like it?” she replied.
“ Oh no I think it makes him look great, but ever since it’s been on his face he has been kind of…snitchy” Abby said repeated Ziva’s word. Kate laughed again.
“ I don’t think it has anything to do with it, but I will see what I can do” she said still laughing.
Ziva was at her seat waiting for the time to start. She was nervous as hell.
“ 90 second dates. I thought you were kidding me Gibbs” she said softly so only he could hear.
“ You’ll do fine Ziva, I had marriages shorter then that” he said trying to lighten the mood. It was getting late and Kate was getting bored. She decided to go down and visit Gibbs in MTAC. When she walked in McGee was over near the computers and Gibbs was wearing a head set standing in front of the screen, which showed what Ziva was seeing.
“ And do turn up the charm Ziva David. You’re a geek, not mentally deranged” he said as ‘Larry’ got up from Ziva’s table.
“ That’s good advice, Agent Gibbs” he heard Kate’s voice from behind him. He turned to see her there, looking tired as hell. He lifted the mic away from his mouth.
“ What are you doing here? You look exhausted” he said in a low voice, not wanting McGee to hear how concerned he was.
“ I have paper work that needs to be done and since you’re not home I may as well stay here and do it” she told him with a shrug.
“ How is she going?” Kate asked pointing to the screen.
“ She only just started” he stated. Kate nodded her head
“ Katie go home get some rest” he said softly. She shook her head.
“ I want to be here with you” she told him. He let out a sigh.
“ Fine, but take a seat” he said pointing behind her. He then leaned in and whispered into her ear.
“ We can’t have you distracting me” then kissed her cheek before focusing back on Ziva and the task at hand.
Tony and Ziva were bringing Calvin in so there was nothing they could do except wait to question him. Gibbs took his head set off and tossed it on the desk next to McGee. He turned back to find Kate asleep in one of the chairs. His heart melted at the sight. She has never looked more peaceful than when she is asleep He made his way over to her and gently shook her shoulder.
“ Katie, wake up” he said in a soft voice. She started to stir.
“ Jet?” she said in a sleepy voice.
“ You feel asleep in MTAC. I think it’s time you went home” he said. She nodded her head as she started to sit up properly. Gibbs helped her up out of the chair. She was so exhausted she against him to hold herself up.
“ I’ll get McGee to drive you home” he told her. She just nodded her head, gave him a hug and a kiss then McGee took her and lead her out and to her squad room to get her things.
Gibbs walked into the house and found Kate curled up on the lounge. H dropped his things and went to sit next to her. She sat up and then rested back down on his lap his arm draped over her.
“ You get him?” she asked.
“ Yep” he said.
“ How’s Tony?” she asked. She knew he was doing it tough, but hoped this stress would ease off him as the case ended.
“ Fine. Why?” he asked confused.
“ I spoke to him yesterday and he seemed…distant and not himself” she told him.
“ Just Tony being Tony” he said, not really giving it any thought.
“ Do you know the director offered him his own team?” she asked. She felt his body tense.
“ I take that as a no” She sat up and looked at him. He all of a sudden looked worried.
“ Don’t worry. He told me that he couldn’t leave because you’re not 100%” she told him. A confused looked graced his features.
“ I’m not 100%?” he questioned.
“ You mistook Ziva for me a couple of days ago” she told him.
“ That, that was just a slip of the tongue” he said looking ashamed that she had found out of his slip up.
“ I know. I think it’s Tony’s way of saying he doesn’t want to leave your team and is using the coma as an excuse not to say it. He’s just like you when it comes to expressing your feelings” she said, now just trying to lift the mood. It worked as a smile came across his face.
“ I have no problems expressing my feelings for you” he told her as he grabbed her by the waist and forced her back onto the lounge, his body on top of hers. She let out a giggle.
“ I know that, but when other people are around” she says with raised eyebrows.
“ They don’t need to know, how much I love you” he said almost in a whisper. A soft smile appeared in Kate’s face and she ran a gentle hand over his face. She still couldn’t believe that he was actually back and she was in his arms.
“ I love you too, Jethro”. He smiled. This was where he wanted to be.
Sand Blast- Kate sat on her bed in only a NIS t-shirt, her bare legs crossed over each other. Her right hand cradled her left as she examined the diamond ring on her finger for the millionth time. He had surprised her with the proposal a couple of nights ago. The rough couple of months had pushed him to do it. Kate was so entranced in the ring and that unforgettable night that she didn’t notice the tall blonde that had entered the house and made her way to the basement. Gibbs was starting to paint the name of the boat when she started down the stairs.
“ Your doorbell doesn’t work” she stated. Gibbs turned to see Col. Hollice Mann coming down the stairs.
“ So your breaking and entering” he said going back to his boat.
“ I did knock” Col. Mann said. Gibbs turned his head up towards the door wondering where Kate was. Then he remembered how mesmerised she was by her ring. He smiled to himself than focused back on what Col. Mann was saying. Kate came out of her day dreaming at the sound of voices. She got up and headed for the basement. She stood at the top of the stairs and looked down at Gibbs and Col. Mann.
“ This about the case?” she asked making Col. Mann jump. Gibbs looked up at her and nodded.
“ Sorry I didn’t realise you had company” Col Mann said as she grabbed her bag and started up the stairs.
“ I’ll see you tomorrow” she said. She gave Kate a small smile as she went passed her, Kate returned it being polite. Once Kate was sure she was gone she spoke.
“ She likes you”. Gibbs smiled.
“ And your jealous” he said starting up the stairs.
“ So what if I am” she said putting her hands on her hips.
“ You have nothing to worry about” he told her as he reached the top of the stairs and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. She rested her hands on his arms and looked up into his eyes. The rock on her finger caught his eyes.
“ I would have thought that would be enough proof” he said indicating to her engagement ring. Her smile widened.
“ When there’s a ring on your finger, that’s when I’ll stop getting jealous” she told him, a sparkle in her eyes. He chuckled, kissed her then pulled her back to the bedroom.

“ He didn’t believe me that urinating in a government vehicle was an offence” Balboa told Kate and Chuck about his bazaar lunch break.
“ How old was he?” Chuck asked.
“ Only about 15. Sure scared the hell out of him though” Balboa chuckled again. Kate couldn’t help but laugh as well. Kate stopped laughing when she felt the presence of someone in front of her desk. She looked up and saw the pained face of her fiancé.
“ Jethro, is everything ok?” she asked concerned.
“ Can we go for lunch?” he asked.
“ Sure, I haven’t eaten yet” she said grabbing her bag and jacket.
“ Do you think Gibbs is going soft?” Chuck asked when the elevator doors closed.
“ What, ‘cause he’s getting married again?” Balboa asked. Chuck nodded.
“ That and I think the coma made him forget how to be a bastard”. Balboa gave a chuckle at the statement.
After what happened today, Gibbs did feel soft. He had never lost someone that quick and instead of hunting him down he was taking his fiancé out to lunch. A lot had changed in the past few months, hell he was getting married again. Maybe this was the new Leroy Jethro Gibbs.
Twisted Sister-Kate caught up with Gibbs before he had a chance to rip McGee apart.
“ Make it quick, Kate” he snapped.
‘ The old Gibbs is back’ she thought before she spoke.
“ Go easy on him”. She saw the fire in his eyes grow.
“ He held a suspect from me” he said in a low, angry voice.
“ The suspect is his sister, who he was trying to protect. If it was my sister I would have done the same thing”.
“ You would hide her from Balboa and me. Knowing that we would find out?”.
“ Yes. I would make sure she is safe before bringing her in, which is exactly what Tim has done. Don’t punish him for protecting his family” she snapped.
“ You finished?” he asked bitterly.
“ For now” she replied and he stormed off and into the elevator, where McGee was anxiously waiting for him.
They watched the two girls embrace. Gibbs walked up to McGee.
“ I advise you go back and thank Kate” he said quietly. McGee looked at him confused.
“ Why Kate?”.
“ Because she is the reason you still have a job”. McGee instantly had the urge to thank Kate.
McGee stepped off the elevator and saw Kate at her desk.
“ Kate” he said standing in front of her desk. Kate looked up and smiled at him.
“ Its good to see you’re still alive” she said happily. McGee gave a little chuckle.
“ I have you to thank for that” he told her. She smiled at him.
“ So how bad was he?” she asked. He shrugged.
“ He’s been worse. He didn’t even hit me when I handed him my badge and weapon”.
“ You resigned?” she asked surprised. He nodded.
“ Well, he didn’t let me actually” he explained. Kate relaxed.
“ I’m glad you’re still here Tim”.
“ thanks Kate. I’ll…I’ll see you around” he said with a smile.
“ Take care” Kate called before he disappeared.
Kate was surprised to see Gibbs home before her. She walked in and was hit by the smell of chicken and corn soup being freshly made. She made her way into the kitchen and saw Gibbs stirring the pot.
“ What’s the special occasion?” she asked. He put the lid back on and turned to face her.
“ No occasion” he said with a shrug. Kate smiled at him.
“ How about a celebration” she suggested.
“ For what?”.
“ For your ability to let McGee live” she told him with a smile. He nodded and made his way over to her by the door.
“ You had a lot to do with it” he told her in a soft voice.
“ Was it what I said?” she asked. He shook his head.
“ I would do what he did for you. You’re my family now” he said as he ran a gentle hand over her cheek. She couldn’t help the love that filled her body at the moment. She smiled.
“ I guess we have something else to celebrate”. Gibbs pulled her in for a hug and kissed the top of her head.
Sharif Returns-Kate arrived home later than normal, as her and her team had just wrapped up a case and she was stuck doing reports. She dropped her things in the bedroom and headed down to the basement where Jethro was working on his boat.
“ You been down here all night?” she asks making her way down the stairs. He shakes his head and lets out a sigh
“ Sharif is back” he simply stated. Kate nodded.
“ The guy who got away before, when you had to work with Col. Mann?”.
“ Yep” he replies. Kate knew Gibbs would do everything he could to finally get this man. And therefore would not see much of him. She walked over to his bench and hoisted herself up.
“ You will get him” she stated. He stopped what he was doing and looked over at her. He loved how she could be so optimistic, even without knowing the full details of the case. He walked over to her and stood between her legs, his hands on her thighs.
“ Why are you so optimistic?” he asked. She smiled.
“ Because you always get what you want”. He couldn’t help but smile. He knew she was right. She leaned forward and rested her forehead against his.
“ You will get him” she told him again. This time he believed her.
“ Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to disturb” they heard a voice on the stairs. Both Kate and Gibbs turned to face her. It was Col. Mann holding a bag of Chinese food. She suddenly felt the need to explain why she was there.
“ I thought we could discuss the case over diner”. Kate couldn’t help but smile.
“ Sure why not” Kate says. She sees the look Gibbs gives her. Kate jumps off the bench.
“ I’ll leave you two to it” she says and leaves the basement. Col. Mann makes her way down the stairs.
“ Sorry about that. I didn’t know you had company” she said sitting the Chinese on the bench. Gibbs started to pull the food out of the bag.
“ I always have company” he told her. Col. Mann fell silent as she realised what he was saying.
“ Oh. I uh… I didn’t realise. I think I should go” she said as she nervously made her way up the stairs.
“ What about the case?” he asked.
“ It can wait ‘til tomorrow” she told him, then turned and left. Gibbs smiled. Kate was right.
‘ Like always’ he thought. He started packing up the food to take up to Kate. He was stopped when his phone rang.
“ Doors open” Gibbs told Sharif.
“ I already did, but you were not home” Sharif told him. Panic ran through him. Sharif had 10kg of BZ gas and he knew how to use it. He closed his phone and ran up the stairs.
“ Kate” he called. He heard a reply come from the lounge room.
“ Grad your coat” he said quickly. Kate sat up and turned the TV off.
“ Why?” she asked again.
“ We got to go see Ducky” he said grabbing his own jacket and ushering her out of the house.
“ Ok, but why?” she asked again.
“ Because Sharif has been here and is driving around with 10 kg BZ gas” he explained quickly as he drove out of the drive-way.
“ You should call Col. Mann as well” she pointed out. He let out a sigh and pulled his phone back out.
Kate sat on the bed in her night gown and book in hand. Tony had called her earlier that day to tell her what had happened and that Gibbs insisted that she just went home. So she was waiting for him to return home. She didn’t expect him ‘til at least the morning, knowing how doctors where. When she hears the front door close she isn’t surprised to see Gibbs standing in the bedroom door. She put her book down and smiled at him. He looked fine, except a little tired.
“ I thought they would have kept you ‘til morning” she said softly. He shook his head and made his way over to the bed. Kate moved her legs to give him room to sit down.
“ When I said I would get him I didn’t mean get yourself killed doing it” she said with a smile. Gibbs nodded his head.
“ I know, but you said yourself I always get what I want”.
“ And what do you want right now” she asked softly. He leaned over her, his arms either side of her body. He stared into her eyes.
“ You”.
“ And what do I want?”. He smiled and closed the gap between them with a steamy, passionate kiss.

Grace Period-It was very rare that Kate and Gibbs got weekends off together. This weekend he had requested his team have it off. So he decided to take Kate to the batting cages. He got in the batting cage first and showed her how to stand and when the balls came he hit everyone, except the last one. Kate was outside watching him bend over every time he went to hit the ball.
“ Has anyone told you, you have a cute ass” she said with a smile. Gibbs swung at his last ball but missed and Kate burst out laughing. Gibbs turned his attention to her and she entered.
“ Very funny” he said handing her the bat. She walked up to the plate, Gibbs right behind her. He corrected her stance while leaving a trail of kisses down her neck.
“ Do you teach everyone like this?” she asked playfully.
“ Only the pretty ones” he answered with another kiss on her cheek. He stepped back and started up the balls. Amazingly Kate hit everyone, sending them soaring. When she was done she turned to look at Gibbs who looked completely surprised.
“ Three years of softball has paid off she said with a smile.
‘ That explains it’ he thinks to himself. They are interrupted by his ringing phone.
“ Yeah, Gibbs” he answers. Kate instantly knows that this would be the end of their weekend together by the look on his face.
“ Ok, I’ll be right there” he said closing his phone.
“ What about our weekend?” Kate asked.
“ I’ll make it up to you” he told her with a kiss then left.
Knowing that it was supposed to be them in that building, following the suicide bomber. It really hit home for Tony and Gibbs. If it had been them, they would have left behind two incredible women who had no idea how much they meant to the two men.
They finally got the all clear to go ahead with the meeting. Of course they had to offer protection for the leaders that would be attending. Tony was standing with Paula when the secret passage door opened, revealing one of the freedom fighters with a bomb strapped around his middle. Tony didn’t have time to think when Paula launched herself at him. Next thing her know the door had closed and he heard and felt the bomb go off. His friend and NCIS agent was gone forever. The realisation that that could have been anyone or all of them hit them hard.
Tony went to confess his feelings to Jeanne, while Gibbs went home to Kate. He burst through the door.
“ Kate get dressed” he called, passing her in the lounge room on his way to the bedroom. Kate quickly got up and followed him.
“ Jet, what’s going on?” she asked entering the bedroom, finding him going through his draws.
“ Jethro what’s happened?” she asked again. Gibbs stopped and turned to look at her.
“ Paula Cassidy died today” he told her. Kate gasped.
“ Oh my god. How?” she asked. Her voice wavering.
“ That’s not important. Get dressed” he ordered again. Kate couldn’t believe how cold he was being, but she obeyed and put on a pair of dark pants, a white top and jacket. Gibbs found the two little boxes he was looking for, grabbed Kate’s hand and went for the door, but Kate pulled him back.
“ What’s going on?” she asked looking deep into his eyes. He sighed.
“ We’re getting married” he said. Kate was stunned.
“ What?”.
“ We are going to Town hall and getting married”. Kate is still having trouble tacking in the news.
“ But I thought we” she stammered. She had always dreamed of a big wedding in a Catholic church surrounded by friends and family.
“ I know that you want a traditional wedding but after today” he paused.
“ I can’t wait that long”. Kate can’t refuse him he looks so wounded.
“ Ok” she said. A small smile spread across his face and he leaned in and kissed her. They made their way to the car and Kate saw Abby in the back. She looked over at Gibbs.
“ We need a witness” he simply told her before getting into the car.
Chapter End Notes:
i hope you like this season.it was fin to do.i hope i chose the right episodes to extend on. let me know